“Stand there and wait while I finish my phone call....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3442 Freedom Dr., Springfield, IL 62704-6516 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Springfield
Waterloo, Illinois
“Stand there and wait while I finish my phone call....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were in Springfield for the weekend working. We stayed at this hotel for one night. I was very disappointed especially for the price. When we walked in the front desk clerk was on the phone. We stood and waited for him to finish his call which he informed us was with his boss. Really his boss continued to gossip about the other guests staying at the hotel instead of tell the employee to take care of the customer. I'm confused are they there for the customer or not? The room was ok. I think it could you a little updating. The bathroom is noticeably old. The bed was comfortable. We had 4 or 5 ants scurrying around the bathroom floor. Overall if you are going to pay $100 per night there are much nicer places to stay for that price in Springfield. I would not consider this hotel a good deal!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere much nicer rooms for the same price.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GMComfortInnSpfld, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn. Our goal is provide great service for all our guests each and every day. I am sorry that we fell short on this visit. I absolutely know that as the manager I was not "gossiping" about another guest and apologize that one side of the conversation led you to believe that. If an employee called me, it was because there was a problem I was trying to help him resolve the issue. I will absolutely use this as a training example of how better to handle if a similar situation occurs where the employee could put me on hold. I appreciate your feedback and please know this is not our normal standard of servie. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again if you are in the Springfield area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Waterman, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I arrived in Springfield late due to conflicting day events. I was pleasantly surprised the entire check in process took less than 2 minutes which I appreciated since I was tired from driving. The front desk staff was very friendly despite it being late which I welcomed. I was placed in a handicapped room which surprised me, but was fine. The room was clean and roomy. I did not visit the breakfast in the morning even though it was part of the room rate.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed here on a Friday during this summer for one night. Got a rate of 59 because of a coupon from roomsaver. At first glance everything seemed ok for a cheap hotel but as time went on we became so grossed out by how dirty everything is we will not go back. 1.) The elevator stunk bad. 2.) the carpet might never have been cleaned. It was nasty dirty like wear your shoes to bed nasty. 3.) Sticky table tops and remote (where gloves and carry a gallon or two of hand sanitizor.) 4.) TV a little fuzzy. 5.)bathroom had hairs (like down there hairs) on counter and floor. 6.) Breakfast was like eating cardboard. even the fresh fruit was old and bruised. 7.) HERE is the NASTIEST PART OF MY STAY...Get ready...The hot tub next to the pool had poop in it for our whole stay!!!!Thats right POOOOOP!!! The water was brown! The pool was over bleached to the point it burned your eyes. We told front desk about the poop the first day and the second day they still had it open and it was not cleaned. Completely nasty and will not stay here again.

I checked in next to a senior couple who paid 109 for this place! If you do decide to give it a try I would look for the roomsaver coupon online or I picked mine up from the dennys in springfield on a magazine rack at the door. sun-thur was 49 and fri-sat was 59. Good luck. One other thing I think the sleep in next door is operated by the same staff because I would see the staff walk back and forth throughout our stay. I didn't stay there but wouldn't be surprised if they have the same cleaning ethics.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Springfield, Illinois (Abe Lincoln Country) has a lot of hotels/motels to stay but don't even think about staying here at this Comfort Inn. We have stayed at nice Comfort Inns all over the country but sadly this is one of the worst operated Inns in their company. They messed up twice on our reservation. 80% of the front staff is NOT happy working there and it shows. There were 3 different people who were extremely nice, but the rest are horrible.
Rooms were not made when they said they would be. One day we had a torn plastic bag for of linens on our bed. WHY ? The wood at the top of the partition came off. Our last morning there, no eggs or sausage. Was told that they ran out the day before. There is a Walmart grocery store across the parking lot. Couldn' t one of the employees have walked over and bought some? We we had to waste our time and go out to have breakfast. They enjoy blaming everyone else for their problems. If they would do things correctly, there would be no need for excuses. We talked with a few of the other guests and they will not return either. Such a shame because the location is good. They did refund one night's stay for us. Big deal! We would rather have paid for everything and not had the hassles.
As said, there are a lot of other places to stay in Springfield that offers a great sleeping experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
East Moline, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Snot in the sink.
Shaving debris in the ice bucket.

Disgustingly dirty.

The experience has convinced me to never us Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Catonsville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We wanted to go to the Lincoln Presidential Museum so used we one of the those discount hotel books to find a place an easy drive to the museum the next morning. It is amazing to me how the Choice Hotel franchise can vary so much from product to product. I have stayed in Sleep Inns (supposedly the cheaper brand) that are nicer than this hotel. But the price was right, our room was clean, and the breakfast was enough to nourish ourselves for the day. If I had been paying the "rack rate" or full price, I might have sometime else to say.

Room Tip: Check hotel discount booklets for a good price.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Our second night driving Route 66 found us at another Comfort Inn in Springfield, IL, where again we found a very clean, spacious, comfortable room with friendly staff. Breakfast was very adequate with either scrambled or hardboiled eggs, sausage, the usual bread & cereal items, yogurt, cubed cheeses, etc. My only negative is our door to the hallway stuck...big deal! Give me clean and comfortable and the right price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!