“State FCCLA Conference Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Springfield
Danforth
“State FCCLA Conference Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have been staying every year for the past eight years during the state FCCLA conference and I have NEVER left unhappy with this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again next year. Thank You for making my stay pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JWaide, General Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
HI Wendy - we have had the FCCLA here so many years now that everyone seems like family, and we truly look forward to seeing the entire group each Spring. Thank you for the kind comments and we will see everyone again next April!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Kechi, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is an older style tower hotel. That alone makes the rooms unique. We had a King room and it was spacious, and clean. My wife wasn't real happy with the bed but I thought it was ok. We chose this property because of the location. It was downtown and within walking distance of all of the Lincoln attractions which was the reason for the trip. Service was everything I expect in a Hilton. The fitness center was professional quality. The best I have ever seen in a hotel. It was a good stay. I would stay there again if I wanted to be downtown all of the time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim - Thanks for the kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed our fitness center and the proximity to Springfield's Lincoln Sites. Hope to have the chance to host you again.
Westville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here the night before the half marathon in Springfield. The hotel was very nice, but I was put in a smoking room when I requested and was told in the lobby that I had a non-smoking room. The room was clean, but had a smokey smell to it. I appreciated having the parking garage and Bennigans attached to the hotel and everything that I wanted to see was within walking distance. You really can't beat the location. I was a little surprised that there was no complimentary continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
JWaide, General Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Crystal - I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. I am sincerely sorry that you did not receive the room type you had expected and I will follow up with our front office management staff to see what the result of. We do hope you'll race and stay with us next year!
Peru, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife ran the Lincoln 1/2 marathon and this hotel was the host hotel for the event. Great job handling the event and still maintaining a high standard as a hotel. Great location for touring many historical locations. With its height and flashlight appearance, its always easy to find your way back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rabbott5- Thanks for the kind words. It's true that we are not exactly hard to find in the city of Springfield! Hope your wife finished well in the race and that you'll be back next year!
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here twice - once in a bizarre suite that was slightly more updated on the 21st floor, and a badly outdated regular room on the 14th floor. A few things to note:
1. The hotel creaks in any kind of wind so if you are a light sleeper stay away
2. The manager by the last name Hardy is Dr. No - no you can't cancel a reservation, no I can't guarantee the shuttle, no you cannot submit your laundry for cleaning at 8:02 since the cutoff is at 8:00 am, no, no no. He can, however, put an erroneous no-show charge of $245 on your credit card for a reservation that was properly moved using a diamond desk representative
3. The hotel is conveniently located in down town Springfield

Overall I give this hotel 2 out of 10 due to really unpleasant treatment of Diamond (so likely any other) guests, can't help you attitude that goes beyond Hardy

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JWaide, General Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
We're so sorry to read of any dissatisfaction experienced during recent stays. I think I speak for my entire staff when I say that we take no real pleasure in telling a guest "no" for any reason, however sometimes it is truly not possible for us to bend established rules. I do understand how the person on the other end can find that frustrating and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. However I would be more than happy to personally look into the guaranteed no show scenario you refer to. If you would like, please feel to reach out to me directly to discuss at your convenience.
Peoria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Wheter travel is business related, or for lesiure. Hilton is the way to go, from the professional staff to the hotel room and accomodations, hilton never disappoints. i arrived earlier than expected and there was no issue or delay in my room being ready. Highly recommend this or any other hilton brand hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Stephen G - We thank you for your very kind comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back with us again very soon.
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Out of a scale of 1-10, this hotel would rate about a 7. Price was a bit high for what I felt would be reasonable. I had a good experience with lunch, but the breakfast was over priced for the quality of food being served. Don't order the orange juice, as it has been watered down. Hopefully, the restaurant manager will contact the Chicago Hilton and get their advise.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thomas E - Thank you for your feedback. I've shared your comments regarding the orange juice with our Director of Food and Beverage for his follow up.

Been to Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!