“Very nice stay during busy weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Springfield
marion il
“Very nice stay during busy weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our stay was during the IDTA State Finals Feb 14-16. Dance teams state wide and their families filled the facility. Staff was efficient and helpful. This facility is not new but is well maintained and clean.Interesting round shape and views are excellent. Some other reviews are not very complementary but I had no negative issues. On sight Starbucks and Bennigans were very convenient due to poor weather conditions. This is not a budget facility or location but I thought the value was appropriate for the state capitol area.

Room Tip: higher floors on south side have good views of downtown and Capitol.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MFear, Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
seasonedtraveler333,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel and our staff was attentive. We hope you choose to stay with us again during the competition next February.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Overall, I really loved this hotel. Warm and welcoming staff, hot cider in the lobby, a great breakfast buffet, wonderful room service (loved the Salmon), Bennigan's and Starbucks right in the building, wonderful bed in my king room, clean, nicely furnished, and an excellent location in downtown...

The only downside is that on the 14th floor where I stayed (and I'm assuming on all the upper floors) the wind makes a loud creaking noise on the windows. It kept me up two of the three nights we stayed there. We were not having any sort of big windstorm but rather 10-15 mph winds that shouldn't be rattling in such a way. I'm usually a heavy sleeper so the fact that I was up and down all night, shows that it was disruptive. A call to the front desk confirmed that it was the wind making the noise but they seemed pretty matter of fact about it as if there as really nothing they could do. The only other downside was that the very nice pool area did not have a hot tub. :(

Ahhh... well. Overall, everything else was really nice!

Room Tip: Upper floors may have loud window creaking.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LifeIsRosey,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and restaurants. I am so sorry to hear you were unable to sleep because of the wind. We have experienced the most extreme winter conditions this year. Because we are the tallest building in Springfield, there is very little to act as a wind break. It was a pleasure to have you with us and hope to see you again soon.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions for business purposes. If you are attending an event at the convention center across the street or have business at the capital, this is the best hotel in the area. The rooms are clean and the hotel staff is always accommodating. The hotel is within walking distance to Amtrak and the Lincoln Library and Museum(few blocks away).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MFear, Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
KKM19,

First, thank you for staying with us and for your continued loyalty. I am delighted to hear that you emjoyed your stay. We look forwar to having with us again soon.
Oswego, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Although the staff was very pleasant & helpful, some of the physical features of the hotel need improvement; for example, bathrooms are too small & furnishings are showing signs of age. The hotel also smelled of smoke during my stay due to an electrical fire on the day I arrived. However, the staff did its best to be accommodating and room service was prompt; while this wasn't a great stay, it had both positive and negative aspects.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Ellen D W,

Thank you for staying with us. I wanted you to know that we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms. I am hopeful we will be able to accommodate you in one of these rooms the next time you are with us. I apologize the smoke smell bother you during this visit. It took a couple of days for us to remove the remnants of the problem we experienced the day of your arrival. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Springfield.
Rockford, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I did not report issue because most everyone had the same issue during that stay. There was really nothing that the staff could have done due to the structure being old and the windy conditions. However, I would not take a chance on staying there again because I do realize that it would take a lot to fix that kind of issue. How ever, I do believe that Hilton is pretty well off financially that they should refund all that stayed there that day and were located at the 10th floor and above and they should repair that building for future stays. Have a nice day!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MFear, Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Robi K,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. During your stay on January 20, we experienced wind gusts between 25 - 40 miles per hour. I can assure you that our building is safe and structurally sound, able to withstand extremely high winds. Unfortunately, the sound of high winds can be heard on the inside of most buildings in Springfield.

Thank you for staying with us. I am hopeful you will try us again the next time you are in Springfield.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Was not expecting much from a Hilton in downtown Springfield but upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. From the bellman who greeted me as I got out of the car, to the front desk clerk who wished me a great year as I departed, the stay was nothing but pleasant. The staff were very friendly and were knowledgeable about the hotel and the area. Great location downtown with easy access to many landmarks and sites to see. Clean rooms with a great view! Breakfast in the morning was delicious and it was really nice to have a Starbucks in the same building. Will continue to stay here on future trips.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were in town for the Cheerleading competition. We had an uneventful stay on Saturday night and checked out Sunday morning. By the time the competition ended in the afternoon on Sunday the weather had taken a dramatic turn for the worse - 10 inches of snow and ice, high winds and freezing temperatures. As a result the roads home were closed or too dangerous to travel on. So we decided to check back into the hotel as did hundreds of other stranded cheerleaders , parents and coaches. The hotel was obviously not expecting us to descend back upon them, let alone all at once. The front desk staff, bellmen and the Bennigans restaurant staff did a great job of taking care of a lot of stressed individuals. The heat in one of our rooms went out but Engineering arrived shortly and had it fixed in about 10 minutes. I heard that a lot of the hilton staff couldn't get to work due to the weather so those already at the hotel had to work overtime to take care if us. Bravo Hilton staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
MFear, Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Lindsey W,
Thank you for posting your thoughts about your recent stay. Thank you for your patience and understanding during our last weather emergency. As I have said many times before to other guests, it is our desire to ensure our guests safety and comfort at all times and under any cirmcumstance. It was a pleasure having you with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!