“Not an inexpensive meal, but very high quality food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 432 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta, Family Fare
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bella Milano features contemporary Italian with Old World flavor. Dine with us by the fireplace, join us for hand-crafted cocktails, or bring the whole family for a great meal. COMING SOON: ALL-SEASONS PATIO!Planning your own party? Check out our party planning carryout menu, and let us help your throw a great event!
Knoxville, Illinois
“Not an inexpensive meal, but very high quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Group of 22 on a very busy weekend night. Everyone at the table had a great experience. I had the $27 steak and it was EXCELLENT! Everyone loved their pasta's. No negatives. The salads were excellent! Fried Spinach is excellent! They let me have a picture of Iced Tea to drink so that I weas happy. :)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Springfield, Illinois
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We recently moved from St Louis, so we have previously had access to wonderful restaurants including the Italian Hill so my expectations were not set very high upon going to this restaurant. I was quite amazed how good the food was from beginning to end. I got the house salad and 3 way pasta...probably the best pasta I have ever had. I do not like Olive Garden so if you like that restaurant you may be somewhat disappointed. Overall, the food was amazing, and the only complaint I have was one of the hostesses was yawning with her head resting on her arm laying on the podium to check us in for our reservation. Otherwise, I would have given the restaurant 5 stars.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield IL
“If You Come To Springfield, Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Springfield isn't exactly known as a Mecca for fine dining. But sometimes one is pleasantly surprised.

I went here for lunch with a friend of mine. I let her choose where we would eat. When we drove into the parking lot, I wasn't expecting much. I believe this is part of a chain of restaurants, and I thought it would be a clone of the Olive Garden, or something along those lines. Boy, was I ever wrong! When you enter, there is a very nice, well-stocked bar with a large dining room off to the left, and another dining area beyond that. We were seated at a table near the working fireplace. Bella Milano is really tastefully decorated; the atmosphere and ambiance are quite nice. Our server was very professional and attentive. My friend ordered Citrus Honey Glazed Salmon, and I opted for the Pistachio Encrusted Tilapia. Fish isn't usually my first choice for an entree; I ordered it because it was what my friend was having. My tilapia filet was large, and just cooked to absolute perfection! It is hard to describe how good it was. It arrived on a bed of what our server told me was "flash fried" spinach. I don't know what that means, but it was heavenly: crispy spinach, with little bits of ham mixed in. Crispy spinach? For the first time in my life, I voluntarily ate all my spinach. That's how good it was. My friend and I traded bites, and her salmon was nearly as good as my tilapia. Her dish came with a side of coleslaw, which I didn't taste, but which she assured me was delicious. We finished our meal by splitting an order of Creme Brulee, which was also quite good.

I can't honestly say that this was "one of the best meals I've ever had in a restuarant," but I can say it is the best meal I've had in Springfield! This place is really first rate all the way. I will definitely be going back - as soon as possible. The prices are very reasonable, the portions large, the service good, and the food delicious. What more can one ask for? The only criticisms I have is that the bread was not anything special, and the wine list left something to be desired. We settled on a bottle of Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio for $25. But when two people can have a memorable meal for $60, including a bottle of wine, I'm not complaining.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, United States
“Best Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Bella Milano is the best restaurant in Springfield, Illinois. I have had been there for 2 years and really enjoy lunch meals at most of time. Waiters and waitresses are the best. Cozy and nice enivornment. Go there and you wont be regret.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Illinois
“Not much for all the hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went to this restaurant, hoping for the best. Everyone in Springfield raves about Bella Milano like it's in the same league as downtown Chicago Italian restaurants. We were sadly mistaken.

We went on a Friday night around 6-7 pm. The floors were very dirty and needed to be vacuumed two days before we got there. We had chicken parmesan and manicotti. The marinara sauce was thin and too sweet and the breading on the chicken was soggy. The spiciness of the sausage on the manicotti overpowered the whole dish.

Our waitress was slow and fake. She used a fake accent, like she was trying to be overly proper. Fortunately we used a coupon so our bill wasn't too much, but the prices were way out of line for the quality of food they were slopping out.

It hurts to say this, but if you want good Italian food in Springfield, the best place we've found so far is Olive Garden.

• Visited October 2013