“Good food; typical diner environment” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Springfield, Illinois
“Good food; typical diner environment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good hearty food; nothing particularly inspiring but it is done well and is filling. Haven't been there for a while but used to go fairly often because it was close to my sister's work and we would meet for lunch. Now there are other favorites within same area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leann F, Owner at Parkway Cafe, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hi there.
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for coming in to see us. We certainly appreciate it and look forward to serving you soon. Have wonderful day.

“Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I eat here 1-2 times a month for breakfast. The staff is very friendly and prompt. The food is well prepared and made to order. We've never had bad experiences and we will keep coming here as our go to breakfast place.

Leann F, Owner at Parkway Cafe, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello Lucas.

I just wanted to thank you for coming in to dine with us and taking the time to write your review. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Ordered breakfast horseshoe (unfortunately, the BEST BH that I have had is the lighthouse in Rochester..they set the bar high!). I agree with another reviewer that the hash browns were verrrrry dry. Not crispy like you would expect. Sausage patties were also a little on the dry side, commercially prepared type. 2.5 rating. Service was good, friendly waitress...however I did order a whole pie and she never brought it out or the receipt for me to pay after she had been by several times checking on others. Wasn't a big deal because I wasn't in a big hurry and was working on laptop (approx. a 1/2 hr. after finishing eating). I did grab another waitress when I was ready to check out and my waitress promptly came out with the pie and check. Overall, prob would not go back, and if I did it would be to try something else.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sherman, Illinois, United States
“Great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great little place to eat a weekend breakfast. Need to get there early as they get very busy after 8:30 in the morning on Sundays. I have ate here several times for breakfast, my favorite breakfast meal is the country fried steak and eggs.

Visited January 2014
“Its fine!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I sometimes eat there,we like it.
They've all kinds of desert like chocolate cookies and icecream!

Visited January 2014