“Worth the quick stop!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Illinois City, Illinois
“Worth the quick stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After seeing Charlie Parkers on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives," we finally were able to get there. It was worth the stop! The Quonset style of the building is a fooler. It is not huge inside and so on a Saturday AM, there appeared to be a large wait. The "large wait" was less than 10 minutes and in 40 minutes we were on our way out the door satisfied and full. For the size of the plate of the "horseshoe" that I had, I thought I would feel stuffed if I ate it all. To Charlie Parkers staffs' credit, it is a satisfying breakfast horseshoe without that feeling you ate too much! I couldn't believe that I ate the whole thing without feeling sick! It was delish! The atmosphere is fun, service is speedy, and definitely a diner! Cannot wait to stop in again with some friends next time.

• Visited September 2012

84% Recommend
illinois
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

There were 6 of us including my 2 nephews there for breakfast. The menu is full of wonderful choices. I the the breakfast burrito and loved it. My nephews had the 16 inch pancakes and their eyes were huge when they say the size. (like a large pizza & on a pizza pan). A very unique building with great decor on the walls such as records and old signs. I highly recommend it. Just remember it is a " diner and not a fancy place. I will be back for more!!!

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stopped at Charlie Parkers on a friend's recommendation. The outside was a little shocking because it wasn't a... traditional building like we were expecting. Well, don't judge a book by its cover! The inside was clean, nicely decorated with great diner atmosphere. Our waitress was very sweet, quick and attentive.

I ordered the famous Blueberry Casserole (mentioned on the sign outside) with a side of bacon. When it came to the table I didn't think it looked very appetizing, shortly after my first bite I didn't care because it was delicious!

We weren't disappointed! Great stop!

• Visited May 2012
Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling salesman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I love this place! I've been here several times but only for breakfast. They always run a lunch special and the place is a must stop.

IL
“YUMMY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Charlie Parker's always lives up to its great reputation. Homespun food and interesting atmosphere. Service is quick and food is very good. I love their breakfasts. Should esp try the great wheat toast--yeah, I know toast? But, the bread makes great toast!

Visited August 2012