“Very good Irish restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 432 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Illinois
“Very good Irish restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The wait to eat here wasn't terribly long, but after being in a volleyball tournament, the kids thought it was unbearable and were starving. They have a good selection of beer. Horseshoes, cheese fries and everything in between. Nice and relaxing meal with good food. Husband wants to go back soon!

Visited November 2011

Illinois
“Best Place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a must stop for me whenever I am passing through, which ends up being at least once a month. This place is always packed, sobe prepared for a wait, but it is well worth it. Nothing fancy, just great pub-style food. There is plenty of Irish influence, but all of the American classics. I have never been dissappointed here. They are famous for their horseshoes, which have even been featured on the Travel Channel on Man vs. Food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Have patience and great club sandwinches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is a great restaurant in Springfield. You have to have patience because on Sundays and many other days it is really busy. And so you have to wait. The club sandwiches are great. And the atmosphere is Irish. overall great restaurant.
-Daughter

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

I am from springfield and this is the best place to go for the traditional Springfield horseshoe. They have the best cheese sauce and when my friends from college come down to visit, I always take them to Darcy's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Louis, MO
“Great Shoes! Arrive Early or Have Patience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

If you haven't tried a horseshoe before, it's very simply an open-faced sandwich topped with french fries and cheese sauce. If you're trying to eat healthy, don't eat a horseshoe. If you want a horseshoe, you MUST go to D'arcy's Pint, since they have the very best.

I recently went to D'arcy's with my extended family and we all ordered pony shoes (the smaller (yet still gargantuan) version of the horseshoe. I had the chili cheeseburger pony which was absolutely fantastic. Their chili is not very spicy but adds some flavor to the regular cheeseburger horseshoe. I elected to have the traditional sauce (rather than the spicy). Their cheese sause is the best. I don't know what they do to it (the recipe is a secret), but it's the best cheese sauce I've tasted anywhere. On Man Vs. Food they said that there is Worcestershire sauce in there.

Soggy fries is the major problem with horseshoes. OK, clogged arteries is the major problem, but secondarily is the problem of soggy fries. I am very pleased to say that somehow D'arcy's fries remain crisp the entire meal, even when drenched in chili and cheese!

D'arcy's gives you a ton of food. Rarely do I see a family leave with their plates cleaned. I do see many people leave with to-go boxes, but let me warn you... horseshoes do not hold up well as leftovers. Go ahead and try it, but I told you so.

Our service has always been wonderful, and our most recent trip over Thanksgiving weekend was no exception. The waitress was prompt and courteous, and the food arrived quickly and was hot.

D'arcy's is an incredibly popular establishment. I recommend going early if you want to be seated right away. We got there at 4:50 pm and had to wait 10 minutes to be seated. We did have a large party, but I didn't see any empty tables on our way back to ours, and there were plenty of people waiting with us. Only once have I arrived and not had to wait, but let me tell you, the wait is well worth it!

Finally, D'arcy's is very, very reasonably priced. We are always shocked when we look at the bill, because even though we've been there many times, we are always expecting to pay more.

Great food + great service + decent atmosphere + low prices = 5 stars!!!

• Visited November 2011