“We were robbed!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Springfield, Illinois
“We were robbed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am so very disappointed. A group of friends and I stopped in yesterday, for lunch. What a horrible experience. We all left frustrated. I had the Angus Burger. I ordered it medium, it came rare. My friend ordered the same except she ordered hers well done, it was served rare. We waited ten minutes for the waitress, she never returned with other requests. Finally, my friend had to walk her meal back to the kitchen in order to get service. After 25 minutes, her second burger was served, this time the burger was burnt. When we asked for the manager, the manager seem uncaring and unwilling to rectify the situation. Further, the rest of us made requests for other items, like refills, utensils and extra condiments, which we never received. The kicker to this is that two of us paid with a credit card each and we were both over charged. My friend's meal was $11+. She left a cash tip. She checked her statement last night and was charged an additional 2.50 on her credit card. My bill was $12.41. I did not leave a tip because of the poor service. I just checked my credit card statement, I too was overcharged by 2.50. What kind of establishment is this? Not only bad service, but unauthorized charges, too!?! Unbelievable! If you choose to go to Cafe Brio after this and other reviews, PAY CASH and expect poor service and poorly prepared meals.

Visited January 2013

Sherman
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Food is consistently excellent. They have the BEST wings on earth - not buffalo wing though. Service is friendly, but if you go for lunch, make sure you have more than an hour.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food was dry and terrible. I used to love the food here, but not anymore. Plus the jacked up the prices. There are only 7 entees and somehow they screw them up and the waitress(the blonde) forgot we were there. Just go eat elsewhere. Btw this was dinner, lunch may be better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Northfield, Illinois
“Tasty Treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Came in for a quick lunch with the family and got a very good meal. Everything; menu, seating, service, and food, had a bit of originality that made a very good lunch experience. Very short kids menu, but the Jerky Chicken Wrap and the Orange Chicken were both excellent. I would have like the Orange Chicken separate from the fried rice which was just as great.

Visited November 2012
Springfield, Illinois
“awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

a friend and i went to lunch at brio the other day and it was awesome! The food was excellent, such a change from a lot of other restaurants. waitress was friendly and atmosphere warm and cozy. will definately go back soon!

• Visited November 2012