“Good food, Good booze, Good time” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://www.facebook.com/BoonesSaloon
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Good food, Good booze, Good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stopped here after touring the Dana Thomas House. Party of 6 was seated with no problems. 2 of us had the Bloody Mary lunch special. This is the first time I had to fill out a form listing what I wanted in my Bloody Mary. Great Idea!. Everyone enjoyed the food and liquor. The service was great. I will be back again and recommend it to anyone visiting Springfield.

• Visited December 2013

Chatham, Illinois, United States
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had been here about a year ago at lunch time weekday..Had a great salad..We went there today 10-20-13 for a brunch.My husband had breakfast and I had a burger ..both were great..my husband had a Bloody Mary he said was one of the best (choose your additions with a chaser of any draft beer). Staff is nice ..owner came up and spent time chatting with us..Great experience..we will definitely come here again

• Visited October 2013
Springfield, Illinois
“Saturday Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hadn't been to Boone's in forever but saw their ad for weekend breakfast in the Illinois Times. My guys and I are always on the hunt for a new breakfast locale and I was able to talk them into it with the mention of French toast. I had eggs over easy with sourdough toast and a side of gravy-eggs were perfect and the gravy very tasty. Jim and Evan had scrambled eggs-good, pancakes-flavorful, and breakfast tots-all eaten but nothing special. I had one piece of the cranberry almond French toast with butter pecan syrup-out of sight....and I'm picky!!! Skipping the "chicken pounding" at 9am would improve the atmosphere. I believe Boone's will be a very nice addition to our "let's go out for breakfast" weekend plans.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“best beer garden in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

good beers on tap, good bar food. maybe they should consider eliminating references to the confederacy on the menu, though...Illinois was firmly in the north in the civil war, and the town is famous because of Lincoln...

Visited May 2013
Peoria, Illinois
“A Boone and a blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Haven't been to Boone's since the 80's, and the food was decent then. Just your regular bar food. I had heard they had re-opened, and we dropped in for a late lunch. The place looks totally clean and uncluttered and the menu has featured dishes like a waygu beef burger some super salads and chicken dishes. Beef dishes rule.

After a lunch rush, restaurants go into recovery mode, stocking and prepping for the dinner crowd. This puts extra pressure on staff since they must prep and deal with current diners. Boon's passed quite well. Or server, Renee, was very busy but our food and drinks arrived promptly as were drink re-fills. My wife had the chicken fried steak. I've been a pork tenderloin junkie for years, so I ordered one. It was huge with a nicely seasoned breading and moist on the inside. Same for the wife's steak. We cleaned our plates. Ever notice how some places keep giving you the same, greasy beer glass for draft refills? Not here. Fresh clean glass every time. Check the salt n pepper shakers, usually greasy after a lunch rush. Spotless. The new Boone's has their keen eyes focused on the details, from food to service to cleanliness. I predict there will be many returning customers, as we are planning a return visit next month.

• Visited May 2013