“New Hotel, Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Alabama
“New Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was my first trip to Springfield on business, and being a loyal Marriott customer, I thought I would give the Residence Inn a try. Being the newest and most modern hotel in town, I found it quite nice. This is the new version of the Residence Inn with a more contemporary look and feel. When you walk in the front door you are greeted with a warm welcome by the front desk staff, all of which were great, and especially Robyn, who went above and beyond to make this a pleasant stay. I can usually judge my stay by the front desk staff, and the greeting. My room was wonderful and spacious with a large HD TV, great bed, and a huge walk in shower. The breakfast was pretty good, but the usual Residence Inn breakfast. The only negative I found was no evening food on Monday. This was the first Residence Inn I've stayed in that didn't serve food on Monday evening. Being a business traveller, that's one of the things I like after a long day of travel, and not having to go out to find food. The other nights were great, with better than usual meals. I found the rooms to be quiet, and great for sleeping. I always ask for extra pillows and towels, and they were waiting for me in my room when I arrived. There are plenty of restaurants close by so you have good choices for dinner. Everything was very clean which is what I look for in a property. The cleaning staff were friendly and helpful as well. Overall, this is probably the best choice for lodging in Springfield, hands down. There's no doubt in my mind as to where I will stay next time in Springfield, and I will recommend it to all my business associates. So if you are looking for lodging in Springfield, look no further than the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, and they are pet friendly as well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Springfield South, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal member of the Marriott chain and allowing us to be your place to stay on your first trip to the Springfield area. I will share with the front desk and let them know you had a very nice warm welcome from the front desk. We unfortunately do not serve a social on Monday evenings, but we do serve them on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening and try to make the evening's a little special. I am glad to hear that we will be your choice of hotel when you visit again and I look forward to hopefully meeting you someday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wow! This brand new hotel is absolutely incredible, and for a reasonable price. The decor, service and accommodations were just lovely. I just wish I was able to stay more than one night. I highly recommend this place. Even the guests were nice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Springfield South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We were glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We would love to have you come back and live with us. Just let us know when to expect you.
Decatur, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The new Residence Inn (June 2012) at Springfield is now the newest place to stay in Springfield, Illinois. Located in a newer developed area of southwest Springfield (some would say more west than southwest) the Residence Inn boasts all of the amenities that people have come to expect from a Marriott Residence Inn. The pool and workout areas are excellent and well planned out; the dining and front foyer/meeting area is great (my family and I especially liked the individual four person dining "coves" that had flat screen tv built into the walls); and the staff was excellent in their courteous attentiveness to our every need. It truly is a wonderful experience and is the best family place to stay in Springfield. But there are caveats to remember.

First, the hotel is nowhere close to the many historic Lincoln sites that people come for when visiting Springfield. If parking and walking from the hotel is your thing you will not find it here. You will have to get in your car and drive to the downtown area to see the Lincoln Home, the Lincoln Library, and the Lincoln Museum. Fortunately, once you do drive you can park and walk to your hearts' content. Just make sure to give yourself time (about 10-15 minute drive) if there is a planned event you are attending.

Second, and this caveat is more of an observation than a criticism. This new Residence Inn seems to have taken directions from Marriott headquarters. What do I mean? Well, we got a two bedroom suite for the family. This suite is still as nice as all of the other suites that we have gotten at Marriott's before with one exception - the new suites being built are smaller than the older Residence Inn's. This suite had a smaller kitchen/common area as well as slightley smaller bathrooms. In addition, this one did not have the iconic fireplace that this guy has come to grow and love with the older Residence Inn suites. As I said just a minor criticism that takes nothing away from a truly enjoyable experience. Again, the Residence Inn is the new "It" place to stay for families visiting Springfield.

Room Tip: None, They are all new and far enough away from the main road that I did not have any issues with ou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about the hotel and the great benefits that our hotel has put in. We are a newer generation Residence Inn and with each generation of hotels Marriott does make some changes. We are about 15 minutes from the Lincoln sites, but we have directions to help our guest make there way to each location. Again, thank you for your kind words and for allowing us to be your choice of hotel in the Springfield market.
Libertyville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed @ this new property with family and a pet. We were pleased with the rooms, the calligraphied greeting card atop extra towels, and the room layouts. This is a great design - wish there more like it!,

Stayed November 2012
I am happy to hear that you were happy with your recent stay and the great layout of the rooms. Please come back and stay with us in the future if you are visiting Springfield, IL.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have plenty of places to stay on business downstate and I almost always stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sringfield South because of the accomodations and people. They go out of their way every time I am here to make me feel at home. Extremely friendly and great business perks along with dinners/snacks some nights with a great breakfast every morning. Some of the people that make my stay great are Catie, Robyn, Cathy, Ken, Karen and James. Great place to stay and see vacationers here too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the staff members. I will share your comments with the the team. We hope to keep making this place your second home.
Montrose, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a new Residence Inn and it is absolutely out of this world. The furnishing are the most beautiful I have ever seen. Even the lights beside the bed have plug-ins for your cell phones. Carpeting in the hallway is even outstanding. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Springfield South, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I would agree with you about this Residence being out of the world. I feel like that each and everyday that I come to work. All of the amenities are set up to help the guest enjoy each and every part of their stay. Marriott has seemed to have thought of everything when they built this hotel. Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This Residence Inn is relatively new and is very clean and well appointed. My room was clean and I was able to rest well, as the hotel was quiet. I had the breakfast (included) in the hotel lobby and the food was fine. The service staff were helpful and kind. If I visit Springfield again, I will definately stay at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel. Our staff works very hard each and every day to keep the cleanliness to a high standard. We feel very appreciated when guest mention these things to us. We are waiting for the day to serve you and your family again. Please come and stay with us very soon.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Springfield South? Share your experiences!