“Great!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Springfield
Chandler, Arizona
“Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

In my previous stay back in November 2012 I was unable to sleep on the bed - too firm. I am so pleased to report that they did update and the bed is terrific! I think it was one of the best nights sleep I've had in awhile in a hotel so I am so pleased I tried this again. It is so convenient to my work and the Meijer shopping plaza nearby makes getting groceries a breeze.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed 7/18-7/20/13 in a King one bedroom suite. Our room was very clean which is important. This hotel is only 5 min. from the waterpark so I imagine it gets a lot of action. The staff was all very friendly and accommodating, always spoke as you went in and out and asked how your stay was going. They do a really good job with the free breakfast with a good variety of both cold/hot selections, the area available for sitting to eat is limited. The young man that was keeping the breakfast dishes filled on Saturday 7/20/13 was outstanding. There was a large group of teenagers (basketball?) that were consuming the food as fast as he could put it out and never once did he lose his smile. My 4 yr. old granddaughter wanted Froot Loops and the container was empty. He happened to over hear her and said let me get her some cereal and in a flash had the cereal and filled her bowl for her. As an added surprise, they have free dinner Tues-Thurs and we enjoyed 3 different kinds of Papa Johns pizza, wine, and beer which was wonderful since we were tired from the waterpark and not really wanting to go out to eat.The bed and the pillows were comfortable, the couch a bit dated, nice small kitchen area with microwave, frige, coffeemaker, stove, and dishes and utensils. Coffee, creamer, and a pack of microwave popcorn was also provided and our granddaughter really enjoyed that for an evening snack after being at the waterpark all day. We totally enjoyed our stay and hope to go back before summer is over.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor king suite, quiet, air worked well.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here en route to Kandas City from Detroit. It was perfect in every way...the friendly & informative welcome, our spacious & cozy room, the clean & refreshing pool (especially after hours in the car), and the kind, courteous, & professional staff. Because we were there on a week night, we did not even have to leave the property because they offer free food (& beer/wine-per regulations, of course!) Tues- Thurs eve, to our surprise. We really planned to go into town, but the BBQ, chicken Caesar salad, and everything in between was fabulous and so much fun! After a nice workout the next morning at their facilities, we enjoyed a delicious hot breakfast- compensate with fruit, cottage cheese, & other healthy choices before heading west to KC. Tracey (maybe an asst, mngr?) was there for both meals, and just the sweetest person to all the guests; she was genuinely interested in our travels and making certain that everything meant our expectations. And Bruce (the mngr, I think) bbq'd all the food himself and was very kind, too, even pausing to speak with us the next morning at breakfast. We really had so much fun, and what a memorable stay, fabulous deal, & wonderful staff! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have been a long term resident at this Staybridge Suites (over a year) and I will not stay anywhere else. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and will do anything to make the stay better. I have gotten to know the hotel management and I talk to the sales manager every week and she always asks if I have any concerns with my stay, and if I have any she gets them corrected immediately.

This hotel offers breakfast daily, and serves dinner 3 nights a week with wine and beer.

Since I have been staying here this hotel started a remodel which has included brand new beds and flat screen tv's. The rooms I have stayed in have been supper clean and the housekeeping staff always replaces my towels and soap daily.

I highly recommend this hotel if you have to stay in Springfield long term or even just a night!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. Attention corporate office this place is substandard in comparison when I compare this to other Staybridge properties. I was so disappointed at this property, it is so outdated and need of a make over. I love the staff but you give them a dump to work with. A manager don't need to respond to this interview just pass it on to coporate.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear 2Parentand1,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you found our staff to be great. Please allow us to apologize for the unusual condition of our property which affected your stay negatively. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling through the area. We expected something similar to the Hampton Inn next door, but were pleasantly surprised!

They had a VERY CLEAN pool, hot tub, and fitness center. Plus, the laundry facilities were FREE and they even provided laundry detgergent.

The facilities were pet friendly, but you would never know it as there were no odors or traces often found in other hotels that boast the same claims.

Additionally, they offered a FREE Cocktail and Dinner hour in the evening and a small, but tasty Breakfast buffet. The coffee was of good quality and strong with all of the fixings.

In the courtyard, there was a basketball court and tables around the outskirts. This was a pleasant surprise for our 10 year old son!

Overall, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Request an end unit near the courtyard or pool. The hotel is a U shape and this provides the best pr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed for baseball tournament The staff was friendly and went above and beyond. We had to leave early in the morning and the kitchen hostess prepared to go breakfast bags for all the players. I stayed in the two room suite. It was very spacious and rooms nicely updated. Kids loved pool and basketball court. Free laundry was a big plus also.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Staybridge Suites South? Share your experiences!