“Horseshoe and Gooey Butter Cake Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Chicago
“Horseshoe and Gooey Butter Cake Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The atmoshphere was comfortable and location great. I ordered a sirloin burger horseshoe. I liked it better than one I have tried before at Darcy's. They had a special dessert - Apple Carmel Gooy Butter Cake. It was so good!! The best Gooy Butter Cake I have had.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Springfield, Illinois
“Great local spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've been to Obed and Isaacs for both lunch and dinner and have not been disappointed. Food is very good. I especially like their flatbread choices. Different beers all the time that are fun to try. Their pretzel and cheese sauce appetizer is GREAT!!

Visited October 2012
Seffner, FL
“Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were in Springfield for just a few days and happened upon this restaurant/micro brewery by accident and decided to stop for lunch. Very glad we did. They have a decent menu that should appeal to everyone's taste. My husband and I tried the Bleu cheese and bacon flatbread....so good. Our server, Shannon, was so pleasant and when asked if we could share a lunch was very accomodating. Most places frown on sharing but we do not have big appetites and because we were traveling could not take our leftovers with us. Obed and Isaacs were very welcoming in this regard. I am looking forward to visiting Springfield again next year and lunching there again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“Fun location/Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not fancy at all but perfect little nook for lunch with friends or dinner with a date.
The bar was really neat and seemed like it would be good for a night out too!
Pretty standard fare. If they kick up the food to a more specialty notch with fresh and local choices it would get 5 stars from me. Definitely one to go back and visit again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A quaint place to eat with a killer appetizer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

A great place to eat will make a memory in your mind as well a your mouth. Ones and Issacs in downtown offers the best appetizer, anywhere to be had in its warm and creamy artichoke dip with homemade pita triangles. The serving more than adequate for three offers a delicious mix of creamy goodness with O & I's famous homemade pita chips. Warm crisp and wonderfully chewy inside is reminiscent of Indian Fry bread. I had that same feeling of satisfaction. Their fish and chips and pizza all looked delicious. I had the lamb sandwich but was not impressed with it after the pleasure I got from the dip. My friend had one of their beers which looked a bit like Blue Moon. My friend who ordered one said it was quite good. I have to go back soon for a salad perhaps and my own artichoke dip of which I will share with no one. Ha!

• 4 of 5 stars Food