“WOW! I was truly surprised.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Springfield

You added Motel 6 Springfield to your Saves list
Motel 6 Springfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6011 S 6th St, I-55 at Exit 90/Toronto Rd, Springfield, IL 62707   |
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Springfield
Tennessee
“WOW! I was truly surprised.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I was in town for a funeral needed a cheap place to stay for two nights and was dreading what I'd get for my limited budget. I had read several of the, mostly negative, reviews of the cheaper places to stay in Springfield and was not looking forward to having to "settle" for the least worst. When I arrived at the Motel 6, I asked to see the room before I signed on the dotted line. Edna, who works the front desk (day shift), was more than happy to let me see the room first...a good sign. I opened the door to find a clean, VERY clean, room and bathroom. Everything looked updated and newer...there was nothing "shabby" about this room (107 by the way). It was a little warm so I turned on the air-conditioning which QUICKLY cooled down the room. No strange smells, no musty odors...this was actually gonna be liveable. The two nights that I stayed, Tuesday & Wednesday, were very quiet, and I was able to get a good night's rest. The beds were newer, firm and yet comfy like a pillow top (which they may have been, I didn't check to see). The bed linens were bright and smelled fresh, as did the towels and wash rags. (If you have more than a couple of people...you'll need to ask for extra towels - which are delivered promptly by very friendly staff). The hotel is at a convenient exit with it's own McD's and Wendy's. They do serve coffee, but no breakfast...but then again, who REALLY enjoys the breakfasts that most hotels offer??? Stop by McD's and grab a sausage biscuit on the way out! Why add to the cost of your stay for a breakfast you might not enjoy? They also do not offer "free" wifi - so if you don't need it or use it...you're not having to pay for everyone else who does. You CAN purchase a 24-hr wifi pass for $2.99 at the front desk, which I did the first night, it was fast and easy to use. I have to admit, I've stayed at other Motel 6's around the country that weren't such a great experience, but THIS Motel 6 will now be my first choice when I'm in Springfield.
My thanks to Edna, Perry (night desk clerk) and all the house-keeping staff who made my stay a VERY pleasant experience!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We pulled in about 1:30am and the clerk was very nice. He gave us a senior discount when he checked my ID. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Price was right for a night stay while traveling thur Springfield, Il.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Very pleasant and helpful staff. My room was every thing that I needed, very clean, I felt very safe there. Family style restaurant next door which was so convenient.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The reviews are true. This is one heck of a spotless hotel. I don't know how they do it. Rooms are very basic, but comfortable - yes, I do mean the beds. Entrance to each room is by inside corridor. There is AM coffee, but that's it - I was appreciative of that. Nearby, there are several places to eat - Cracker Barrel, China Express, Wendy's, and the ubiquitous McD's. But the real gem is a restaurant next door to Motel 6 - The Hen House. Just a few steps away, one gets a down-home meal that is very resonably priced. There is a children's menue. Breakfast is served also. Easy access to I-55, and Lincoln attractions.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Stayed four nights. Asked for a non-smoking room and got it - at least that's what I thought, until later in the night after settling down when I began to notice the unpleasant smoke in the air. I found out that my room, together with a few at the end on the second floor, was non-smoking, while all other rooms on the floor were smoking. What was the manager thinking? Doesn't s/he know that air will flow in and out of the doors?

It was 2am and I was too tired to go through all the hassles of requesting a room change. However the smoke in the air made my first night an awful stay. It never vanished - so it was not just one jerk smoking in the hallway 5 minutes earlier, but a long term accumulation of all the smoke flowing out from all the smoking rooms on that floor. Again, A NONSMOKING ROOM ON A SMOKING FLOOR WILL NEVER WORK!

Sure enough, I asked for a room change immediately next morning, and got it without any problem. But this stupid and inconsiderate room arrangement did cost me a good night sleep, and that is why I gave them 4 stars instead of 5. Other than that, this motel is a real gem in the Springfield area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

Stayed for two nights, and I would definitely stay there again. Clean room (it looked like it had been painted fairly recently), friendly desk staff. The bed wasn't fantastic, but comfortable enough. Motel was quiet during my stay. Close to U of I Springfield; a few miles from convention center, Capitol, Lincoln museum, etc. Free coffee in lobby. There's a restaurant next door, but I didn't eat there. Fast-food options are a block or two away. The motel's only minus is there's an extra charge for wi-fi. A few more cable channels would be nice, too.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Motel 6 Springfield IL is a nice clean hotel. Great value for the money. Safe area with a nice outdoor pool, clean rooms, great location. Not far from downtown and the fair grounds.

Very nice check in, employees are freindly. The night manager was a bit rude, only allowing me to take one pillow instead of two. Very rude gentleman.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Disliked — Night Manager
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Springfield? Share your experiences!