“Don't Go!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Springfield

You added Motel 6 Springfield to your Saves list
Motel 6 Springfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6011 S 6th St, I-55 at Exit 90/Toronto Rd, Springfield, IL 62707   |
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Springfield
Godfrey, Illinois
“Don't Go!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Smelled like smoke and pets.. Small, thin towels. Very unfriendly staff at front desk. If was not a very comfortable place to stay. It was convenient to all of the Lincoln attractions in Springfield. Restaurants were nearby. My family will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Earp, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Room was spotless. linen exceptionally clean. no dust,flat screen tv great, clean lobby, courteous
staff. quiet room. even the pickiest of people would like this room.
only down side was that I had to go to lobby after settling in to pay 3.99 for the wi-fi service.
other than that, this room was exceptional. I stayed on oct.1,2012. ken

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
norman, ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were stopping over for just the night on a roadtrip, so we wanted somewhere cheap but not CHEAP, and this place fit the bill PERFECTLY. It is in a nice area, it has a few restaurants around, and is super close to the exit to get back on the highway, while not being directly on the highway. We booked a Queen non-smoking room. It is definitely smaller and more of a budget hotel size, but as far as cleanliness and updating - this place was beautiful. The floors had some kind of laminate wood flooring, rather than carpeting, which I will definitely agree with some other reviewers that it made the place seem really clean. The beds were great, the tv was great - it didn't have a hundred channels, but eh, so what? The bathroom was also very clean - which is the main thing I am usually concerned with about hotels. It even had central heating and air, rather then those little side units most hotels have. The only very minor thing wrong would be we did catch a faint cigarette smell in our completely non-smoking hallway, but things like that don't bother us much. We paid $50 (including taxes) for this place and I felt like we hit the jackpot with it. I would definitely return if I was going to be staying in Springfield again. Really perfect for a quick, small budget trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here one nite on way back home, is a clean basic motel, not many amenitys, no carpets, wifi extra, but close to restrauants and highway, plenty of parking,helpful staff, Was a good deal for $45.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I always stay at Motel 6 when I am on a tight budget. They are consistent and priced just right at $40 a night if you don't need any frills and thrills. Great location here, about 1 mile south of I-72. This hotel was immaculate and the room was newly renovated. No nasty stained carpeting, just a nice bamboo floor. Lighting was great and the HD TV was large and very clear. The shower was very spacious and soothing. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. There was also a great restaurant right next door - The Hen House (see my review). A few things kept this from being rated a 5 in my book - $3.99 a day for internet, a bed that was not very comfortable and hardly any water pressure at the sink. All in all this is still a great value in today's over rated, over priced world.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I am starting my 3rd week of their extended stay priced room. It's costing $257 for 7 days. Absolute best price I could find in Springfield, that was even with the State Fair in town! Since I get per diem from work the less I spend on my hotel is more cash in my pocket. The room is completely recently remodeled and reminds me of a dorm room. No fridge or microwave, no hot breakfast, no hot tub. For the price, I can live without those. Bed is fair, tv is new and nice but very limited channels. They only clean it twice a week and the mid week clean is taking out garbage and replacing towels and TP. On my 4th room clean though they didn't do the shower, sink, or toilet. Kind of a bummer. My work vehicles have been safe in their lot. I'd stay again. Very simple basic room. Awesome price.

• Stayed August 2012
iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Motel 6 last night. I was impressed by how clean and updated the rooms were. The facility was clean and fresh and very reasonably priced. We booked two adjoining rooms for $45/room for my husband and I and our three kids.

Our only complaints would be that the beds weren't the most comfortable and the walls weren't terribly sound proof. The motel allows pets and we were awoken quite early by a barking dog in an adjacent room.

I would definitely stay again though. Great value for the price.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Springfield? Share your experiences!