“For the price, I shouldn't have anything bad to say...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Springfield

You added Motel 6 Springfield to your Saves list
Motel 6 Springfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6011 S 6th St, I-55 at Exit 90/Toronto Rd, Springfield, IL 62707   |
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Springfield
“For the price, I shouldn't have anything bad to say...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am starting my 3rd week of their extended stay priced room. It's costing $257 for 7 days. Absolute best price I could find in Springfield, that was even with the State Fair in town! Since I get per diem from work the less I spend on my hotel is more cash in my pocket. The room is completely recently remodeled and reminds me of a dorm room. No fridge or microwave, no hot breakfast, no hot tub. For the price, I can live without those. Bed is fair, tv is new and nice but very limited channels. They only clean it twice a week and the mid week clean is taking out garbage and replacing towels and TP. On my 4th room clean though they didn't do the shower, sink, or toilet. Kind of a bummer. My work vehicles have been safe in their lot. I'd stay again. Very simple basic room. Awesome price.

• Stayed August 2012

iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Motel 6 last night. I was impressed by how clean and updated the rooms were. The facility was clean and fresh and very reasonably priced. We booked two adjoining rooms for $45/room for my husband and I and our three kids.

Our only complaints would be that the beds weren't the most comfortable and the walls weren't terribly sound proof. The motel allows pets and we were awoken quite early by a barking dog in an adjacent room.

I would definitely stay again though. Great value for the price.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cmw133
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room was very clean and I like the bamboo floors. The tub was very nice and even had a seat built in it. The water pressure was fine in the shower, but terrible at the sink. My husband hardly had enough water to shave with! There were two things I was very disappointed in. One thing was that they charge for wifi. Nearly all motels have free wifi these days - including Disney (and I didn't think they ever would!). Also, there was no clock in the room. I've stayed in motels before that had no clock, but if you asked for one at the desk, they would give you one. I asked and they said Motel 6 didn't have clocks any more to save expense. Well, I would have liked to have had one in the room! One other thing that I wasn't happy with was that the door to our room rattled every time another door closed on our side of the building. Our door rattled off and on all night long and made it difficult to get a good night's sleep. I was having enough problems sleeping anyway because it felt like my bed had a ridge in the center of it. On either side of the ridge, it felt like I was going to roll off onto the floor! The motel was okay for what we had to pay for the night, but I doubt we'll stay at another one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IAMom_09
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The price was fantastic at less than $65 with tax (on a peak night). The room was very clean and clearly recently remodeled to a modern style. I loved that they didn't have carpet, instead a bamboo laminate flooring. Much more sanitary than icky hotel carpet! One might think this would cause more noise, but the room was super quiet and we slept wondefully. The shower was roomy and clean. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Thank you Motel 6! I will be back!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank SaavyTraveler26
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We haven't stayed in a motel 6 for years and were pleasantly surprised. The room was small but very clean. Had either been recently remodeled or fairly new. Not sure. Many families staying
there. We were attending a softball tournament and stayed two nights. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IrisHenderson
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was decent for what we paid. (with AAA discount it was only $49!!). The rooms were modern, and clean. Kids enjoyed the outdoor pool. The desk clerks were friendly and helpful. it was a convenient location for us to sightsee.
A few complaints were that I didn't think the beds were very comfortable and you could hear noise from the hallway. On three towels there was a foot long black hair; all were in plain view. In my opinion, that is very gross.

Also there was no cart available and I had to drag everything up (including a large cooler). The desk clerk said that the main trance man was using it to fix an airconditioner!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
White Haven, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

so it is only fair that I mention a really good one. This Motel 6 has been upgraded - painted, new beds, new tv, nice bath. The staff was cheerful and the pool was clean. The price is right and the location is good for anyone traveling Rte. 55. There are many things to do in the area. We went to Fantastic Caverns. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family