“The only thing better than the view...” 5 of 5 stars

+1 217-789-1530
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 410 Restaurants in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th
Description: Perched 30 stories above Springfield's capital city, Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse offers unparalleled food, ambiance and service. Our small intimate dining experience is perfect for a romantic dinner, entertaining business client or a night out with a group of friends. We serve only the finest certified Black Angus aged steaks along with a selection of mouth-watering entrees. At Nick & Nino's we treat every occasion like it's a special occasion.
Sartell, Minnesota
“The only thing better than the view...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

was the food and service! Try the bread pudding. Prices were very reasonable and we loved the family style sides.

Visited June 2014
JWaide, General Manager at Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thanks for the kind words about both our hotel and our very special restaurant. We would never say we have the best restaurant in Central Illinois, but then we don't have to because that's what everyone else seems to be saying for us. All kidding aside, please keep in mind our restaurant menu changes seasonally so you need to make plans to come back in the fall at the very least. On behalf of the inimitable Denise and Chef Steve and the entire staff....thank you again.

Coral Gables, Florida
“Small restaurant, relaxing, amazing view, excellent hospitality !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is another example of having a great restaurant inside a hotel. The restaurant is on the 30th floor of the hilton.
Small place, probably 14 tables. The view from this place is amazing. The Capitol looks beautiful!
The decoration is very simple.
Service was excellent, the hostess was fabulous, never had to wait for the water glass to be refilled.
The plate presentation were just beautiful.
Simple menu but at least something great for everyone. Very high class!
Had a cold salad of shrimp, octopus, conch and calamari. Was very good. Could use a little bit of a kick, but I was impressed that it was not chewy at all. Actually I was surprise to se conch on the menu.
The steak ( bone in rib eye) was just fabulous! Medium rare! They I do know what medium rare really is! It had a sweet red onion chutney on the side and roasted Roma tomatoes that complemented the steak very well . The sautéed mushrooms were excellent. They tasted very fresh.
Service was amazing. The waiter was on top of his game. The place was packed and I still had an amazing service. I was in and out in 45 minutes. Perfect for that night since I was by myself and did not wanted to make an event.
Very relaxing place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JWaide, General Manager at Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hello Jose - you liked our hotel and you liked our restaurant and we like the fact that you took your time to tell us. Thank you for the kind words and come back and see us again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice all around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great service and food. Staff esp Denise the hostess and Rck the waiter treated us like old friends and we were never there before.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JWaide, General Manager at Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear DRKC - thank you for the kind words. We're glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you come back and see Denise and Rick soon. You should see how thaey treat you when you come back a second time!
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't believe I am in Springfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have eaten at N & N twice. The food is excellent. I strongly recommend their lobster bisque. Both the steaks and lamb chop are very high quality and cooked to perfection. Side dishes are served family style and very large; each one serves 2-3 guests. The mushrooms (4 different varieties), asparagus and seasonal vegetables were our favorites. Try to save room for dessert.
The front of house staff from the hostess Denise to your waiter and waiter's assistance do an excellent job. Friendly and casually elegant they keep you informed and refilled. A cute touch the waiters wear tux pants and shirt with an untied bow tie to signal their casual elegance.
As surprising as finding this quality of restaurant in Springfield is, is finding it on the top floor of a major hotel. Food and service do not take a backseat to the excellent view.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JWaide, General Manager at Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Mel - Thanks for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your experience. We do take pride in bringing a unique dining experience to Central Illinois and we flatter ourselves to think we do a pretty fair job of it the vast majority of the time. Thank you for the validation and we hope you're back soon!
Springfield, Illinois
“Beyond Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I made reservations over a week in advance and requested a window seat since it was my husband's birthday. It is very difficult to get window seats apparently and you are basically notified of such online. The afternoon of our reservations, Denise called and said she was sorry but a window seat would not be available, but that the other tables were nice as well. We decided to go ahead and go since we have never been there before. When we arrived, Denise immediately told my husband Happy Birthday and then put us at a window table that had become available. We were so thrilled. From that point on, it only became better. The service was the very top of the line. The atmosphere amazing as was the view. Our appetizer was a spicy shrimp dish that was amazing. The shrimp was very fresh and the sauce had a bit of a bite to it. My husband had the filet mignon and I had the steak with a bone. Both absolutely fantastic. Nice and tender and a nice flavor. I was a little uncertain as I like my steak medium well, but our waiter assured me the steak on the bone would be tender and it was. My daughter had the barbeque chicken, rice and raspberries under glass. It was a beautiful presentation as the glass cover was full of smoke and removed at the table. The aroma was amazing..... And the taste was as well. The house salad was good. The shrimp bisque was the very best I have ever tasted. For dessert my husband had the creme brulee and they put a large sparkler in it for his birthday, it was such a wonderful surprise and so festive!!! We had margaritas with our meal and they were top of the line as well. I could not find a single thing wrong with the restaurant, waiter, food or drink... We asked the waiter to please inform the chef how pleased we were with our meals. Make reservations!! This is a small restaurant that is in only a portion of the tower. Seating is limited and there were very few window seats. We are still talking about how much we enjoyed this dinner!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JWaide, General Manager at Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Gidiup - Thank you for the very kind words. We are constantly striving to bring a dining experience to Springfield that would not be out of place in Chicago or St. Louis, and we love it when we knock it out of the park for our guests! Come back soon!