“good value, good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5871 S 6th St. Frontage Rd E, Frontage Road, Springfield, IL 62703   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 40 hotels in Springfield
Zanesville, Ohio
“good value, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

This is ofcourse not a luxorious place to spend a quality time but at the same time this is really a good alternative place when other 3 star/4star hotels in town are sold out. On my trip to Springfield IL, I had to choose this place as others were sold out. I did read reviews before staying here and I am not dissappointed at all. Place is fairly very clean, kept up, updated and comfortable. Prices are also in high 60s or low 70s. Compliemntry hot breakfast is a good start for a day indeed and staff really gave personal attention to Guest needs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lake County, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

I travel on business alot. My wife says too much. Anyway, I've had the pleasure (or displeasure) of staying at a bunch of different hotel chains at a variety of locations. I've stayed at some outstanding hotels (The Broadmore in Colorado Springs : ) and some real holes in the wall (won't mention it). Generally speaking, I've been satisfied with the Baymont brand but my stay here in Springfield has since changed my opinion. Although I frequently use Tripadvisor to plan my trips, very seldom do I post my opinions. Because I based my stay here at the Baymont largely in part to the reviews posted on Tripadvisor, I feel obligated to share my undesireable experience with others who use this site as the foundation for deciding where to stay.
Room #125
#1 - Sink in the bathroom was plugged and didn't go down.
#2 - Shower head (handicapped room) had a crack in it that squirted water all over the place outside of the shower on the floor.
#3 - The TV was seriously old and had a horrible picture. In fact, it was too blury to read the TV guide channel.
#4 - I left my room at 0715 am and returned at 2:45 pm and it still had not been serviced.
#5 - The pillows were horrible. Really, really, bad. Same with the mattress, it was visibly sagging in the middle.
#6 - A call to the front desk to complain resulted in the phone ringing for a half dozen times without being picked up.

If there were one one or two issues with the room I probably would have gone to the desk in person after not being able to reach them on the phone. But because of the scope of the issues, I decided to put the do not disturbe sign on my door, roll up a bath towel for a pillow, and hit the sack for the night.

I will say that the hotel is clean. It smelled great. The staff I passed in the hall were all smiles and greeted me pleasantly. There are a couple of places to eat close by and downtown Springfield is only about a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I chose to stay at this Baymont Inn because of the low price and I was not disappointed. The desk personnel were friendly and the room was clean. The breakfast was very good with waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, oatmeal, bagels/toast, pastries, yogurt, and fresh fruit. The indoor pool is not huge and it seemed a bit cool to me, but my kids loved it. There always seemed to be plenty of towels available too.
I appreciated the free Wi-Fi in the room and was pleasantly surprised to find both a fridge and a microwave in the room also. There was one minor annoyance in that the sink faucet was backwards (cold water on the left and hot water on the right) but it did not detract from our stay. The shower was nice and hot. There were not a lot of restaurants nearby, Cracker Barrel next door and a couple of fast food places, but we were only there for two nights and did not need much more than that.
I feel that this was a great stay at an excellent price and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Very sizable room with high-quality carpeting, bedding, furniture, furnishings. Everything was extremely clean and it helped us sleep well. Tough and total no-smoking policy in the entire hotel, which is really appreciated. No smoking signs eveywhere and signs warned about $250 cleaning charges automatically added to bill if someone smoked in the room -- I love that. Friendly and efficient front desk -- they even called up 30 minutes after our arrival to ask if everything was ok. Extremlely affordable compared to other three-star hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Grand Rapids MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Having stayed at other budget hotels with our pet on our trip to and from Texas, I was pleasantly surprised at the value of this Baymont. The beds were comfortable, the room clean, and the breakfast was better than other budget hotels. This hotel was worth the money spent. I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Carbondale, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

During a recent stay at this hotel, there was no hot water. Staff at the front desk told us to turn on the water and let it run for 15 minutes, it would heat up. Guess what? It didn't. Complained at the front desk and were told to call the hotel on Monday to speak to the manager. Not worth to stay here. Find some place else.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
baymontsp, Asst. Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Dear Guest,

Plz accept our apology for not having a 100% satisfactory stay & as a part of apology we have given you $50 off on your stay, also Thank you once again for choosing our place out of all other options available.
Reason for not having a hot water on that perticular morning was, One of water heaters thermostate went out. Our all mechanical items do get inspected twice a year to make sure they are performing well but sometimes Machines do make us helpless. The problem has been taken care off and hot water issue was a limited issue for that morning only. Once again our apologies to you and please give us a chance if you come back to Springfield IL area. You have a blessed life.
Springfield IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

I just moved in to springfield for my studies to join UIS. My parents and My grandparents wanted to come in for a week to set my house & things. I made reservation for 2 rooms for a week. By talking directly to a sales person, not only they gave me very nice rate but without even asking they gave us adjoining rooms. My parents & Grand parents loved staying at this place. They have a very nice hot breakfast with biscuits & gravy every morning, Theirs rooms were cleaned every day very very deeply. They do have pool & fitness room as well which we never used. Staff was unbelievably freindly and efficient, looked like they had an answer for every question. One of nights, My grand father was having trouble connecting Free WI-FI, the frontdesk person came up to his room and fixed it in seconds.......... I will always make my family member`s reservations at this place any time they will come to visit me. Believe it or not but value is worth over $100/night and I paid almost 35% less then that.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!