“next time I will just stick to sushi” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 433 restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“next time I will just stick to sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

last night was the first night I've been disappointed in this place. although the sushi was still and always has been the best, the food, normally great, we ended up just tolerating. the waitress was in such a hurry, that she would speak to us in passing, but would be gone before we could tell her we were ready to order, or that we needed anything at all.
next time, I will only stick to the sushi menu, or order from the hibachi grill.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Service was a little slow and I was upset that I couldn't get hibachi while on just the dining side, but the food I had was great! And the drinks were amazing.

Visited July 2013
Mattoon, Illinois
“Great Lunch experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had lunch here while visiting Springfield for a getaway weekend. We had the lunch Hibachi and the food was very good, the chef did a great job entertaining us and my kids thought it was awesome. My wife ordered sushi and didn't think it was great, she said it was just average. The prices were pretty high for lunch but we went in knowing that. Overall a great experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“Fun and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my first visit to Osaka, and I will definitely be going back. I sat at the hibachi grill with friends and ordered the New York strip steak for dinner. The chef was fun and interactive, and the food was incredible. My steak was cooked perfectly, and my drink was really good. While a bit pricey, especially for dinner, you get a lot of food for your money. I actually had a full dinner from my leftovers the next night. I would recommend this place to anyone who was looking for this type of food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“great birthday dinner with a friend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

this is just another hibachi grill that has popped up, but this time was really enjoyable! great food and service! the waiter and cook both interacted with the party. there were two b-days at our table so they really had fun with it! great night! thankyou!

• Visited June 2013