“Lincoln Package” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Springfield
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Lincoln Package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked the Lincoln package, what a great deal! Hotel is clean and comfortable. No complaints. We stopped here on our way to Branson, MO and took in some of the historical sites. We decided to stay downtown close to these sites, vs. along the highway.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the lobby. There was some sort of group there and they came back in the middl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very clean and good customer service. Second time staying here due to visiting family in St. John Hospital. They give an excellent discount for guests of hospital patients. It's close to the hospital and downtown Springfield if interested. Rooms were clean, breakfast was typical of smaller breakfasts in hotels but adequate. My wireless connection was fine, however I did not have a refrigerator or microwave in my room despite what the previous reviewer noted. Definitely recommended even if not visiting hospital patients!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, General Manager at Carpenter Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of the hotel. We love receiving and reading stories and comments such as this one!

Please feel free to contact me directly to secure your arrangements when your are ready to return!

Safe Travels
Rebecca
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Highly recommended if you are visiting Springfield. It is conveniently located within walking distance of St. John's Hospital, the Old State Capitol and the Lincoln Museum/Library. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We used their shuttle service several times, but also walked to restaurants and sites in downtown Springfield. The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. There is a microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot in each room and breakfast is served in the lobby each morning. I used the workout facility which was very nice (a little small but typical size for a hotel). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello from the Carpenter Street Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very nicely appointed "basic" hotel. Seems to have been recently remodeled, and everything was very tastefully done and in good shape. There were a few things I think might affect a person's decision to stay here, so here they are:

The wireless internet access, while convenient to use, was pretty slow. I ran an online test and it showed download speeds of 948Kbs, which is pretty pokey these days. It worked fine, but you would need to be patient if you need to access lots of data. They also advertised the fact that a password isn't needed to connect, which actually concerns me because it makes it easy for someone to sit in the parking lot, log in, & to try and access people's computers.

There was no iron and board in the room. The front desk quickly supplied one, but it was one of those tiny "table top" boards, which was extremely hard to use. If they can't supply them in every room, then just spend $30 and get a full sized one for the front desk.

The seating area for breakfast seemed kind of small, but I never had a problem finding a place to sit so maybe it's sized properly.

I had to cancel my stay and checked out at 1:30pm. They charged me for that day, because "their system charges the days first thing in the morning". While I can't complain too much since I did check out after their posted time, when I stayed at the State House Inn a few blocks away, they let me check out in a similar fashion without charging me for the day.

All in all, though, a good value and a nice environment, so I would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to share your feed back with us. It's truly the only way we can make sure we are meeting the expectations of our guests.

Safe Travels
Rebecca
Mount Vernon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I wanted to express my deep appreciation to the staff of the Carpenter Street Hotel. It was such a blessing to have had stayed at such an establishment during a very trying time in my own life. The staff deserve an A+ in customer service. As far as cleanliness, of the hotel, that also deserves an A+. What should have been a one night stay, turned into several due to my mother's health. I have stayed at many of the top named Hotels and Motels around. I would choose this hotel over any of them. The hotel GM, Rebecca, does an outstanding job. The customer service amazed me for everyone I encountered was top notch. My room was spotless, no dirt or grime in any corner and everywhere I looked it was the same. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be in the Springfield area. Thank you again.
Sara (room 310)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was spending just one night while returning home, and wanted to find a place close enough to walk to the Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library. This fit the bill perfectly! They beat the lowest price published by $5.00 even. Clean, comfortable, affordable in the right location. Felt safe, as I was alone. AM breakfast was a little sparse, probably due to the showing up near the end.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived late in the evening after a long day of travel, and got into our room very quickly. The front desk was friendly, and made sure we were taken care of, including giving us directions to a number of different places we wanted to get to the next day (grocery store, Starbucks, ...). The room was very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. We highly recommend this hotel, and will stay there again on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Carpenter Street Hotel? Share your experiences!