“worst hotel I've stayed at EVER in my life - STAY AWAY!!!! unless you want bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Carlisle Hotel

You added Carlisle Hotel to your Saves list
Carlisle Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10909 M Street, Omaha, NE 68137 (Formerly Days Hotel)   |
Ranked #69 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
tampa, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I booked a group of people here during the College World Series and unfortunately it was the only option under $100/night which was our budget. I can see now that it would have been better to have let our crew sleep in rental cars than to have had them stay here. There were bugs in the beds (visible ones), markings on walls, beer smell, no ice maker...had an igloo cooler marked with FREE ICE in the lobby. Carpet in room was so gross...wore shoes constantly (even in showers). Two of my crew had bed bugs for over a week after their 3-night stay----they had the scabs to prove it.

This hotel misprepresented itself on the website and I would not recommend it to ANYONE..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
carlislehotel01, Manager at Carlisle Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Dear guest,

I'm sorry to hear about your displeasure with your stay with us at The Carlisle Hotel during the College World Series this year. The hotel was in a transition period at the time, which I'm sure you witnessed was a very busy time indeed; and I can assure you that the management team and staff are focused on going above and beyond in delivering customer satisfaction. I hope that we may have the good fortune to prove ourselves as the professional and caring hospitality team that we are; and that our property will be granted the opportunity to meet your satisfaction in cleanliness and comfort. Thank you for your comments.

Warmest regards,
The Carlisle Hotel management and staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

The website for the hotel is deceiving! The workers were RUDE and UNPLEASANT! Rooms had DIRTY Pillows, BLOOD stains on sheets, blankets had HOLES, and the room floor was DISGUSTING! DID NOT have CLEAN TOWELS OR CLEAN SHEETS! TREATED GUESTS like DOGS! This hotel is a place where hobos live.

• Stayed March 2010
carlislehotel01, Manager at Carlisle Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay, and that you found the hotel's website "deceiving." I can assure you that we aim to go above and beyond in guest satisfaction, and that we are constantly striving to improve the stay of our guests. Since your stay, we have invested in new, more luxurious towels, sheets, and blankets.

The Carlisle Hotel sets high standards for room cleanliness and warm, friendly customer service. We ardently hope that you may give us the chance to display our desire to meet these high standards in the future.

Warmest regards.
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I don't understand how some reviewers give this place a 4 or 5 star rating. Either they are employees or delusional they have not stayed in a decent hotel so don't know the difference. This so called hotel is disgusting. It is dark, smelly, scary, and in horrible shape. When we got there to check in, the girl at the desk ignored us until we asked for help and even after that she was very rude. The beds were nasty and uncomfortable and it was noisy as well. You get what you pay for. This place was cheap and offered a free shuttle to Eppley and that is why we stayed there. Had we known the poor quality, we never would have booked the room. We should have cut our losses and left the minute we got there. The owners and managers should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Gibbon, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

The room was clean enough but frigid, halls were terrible, continental breakfast was terrible. Had problems with the billing, my copy said one thing and they were changing their copy as I stood there. No pool (water pipe JUST broke) the pics etc are very deceiving as to the caliber of this hotel. Even cheap I will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

I have NEZVER had someone be so rude. We were treated like we were making her go out of her way to check us in. Once we checked in and got went to the room it smelled of smoke terribly. We went and asked for another room because I am very allergic to smoke. She proceeded to tell us that it was a non-smoking room and should not smell like smoke. We told her "well, it smelled like smoke, we would like another room please." She then told us that she could not give us another room right now. It would be awhile. We were very frustrated. We had to be somewhere in 15 minutes and needed to get our belongings out of the car. Fianlly after 10 minutes she gave us another room. We went to the room from the back of the building, which had NO light, parking close to the proximity of the room. The entrance was very dark. The stairway was dark and smelled like urine. When we got to the room it was EXTREMELY small. The beds were very small and there was no way thay 4 of us would be comfortable in there for 7 days. The pictures that you see online are very deceiving. This hotel looks nothing like the pictures and the service was ABSOLUTELY horrible and rude. We did not stay. We went to the fairfield Inn at Council bluff and we were treated wonderful! And the place had light and smelled great! Rooms were big, CLEAN, and beds were bigger too! Got it for the same price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

We had 2 rooms with 4 people in each room. When we got there they didn't even have us in the rooms they told us and they weren't even close to each other. Then when they got it changed to where we were next to each other we went to our rooms and 1 of the rooms was still trashed. So they were going to update us to a sweet BUT the fold out bed was like a twin bed and there was 4 people so that wasn't going to work. So they moved us both to regular double rooms next to each other! We both moved rooms 3 times. Oh and the bed sheet on my bed didn't even fit and was off in no time cause it was too small, we figured they would change it in the morning. Then next day we went to the zoo and came back, one room had fresh towels and new sheets, everything. Our room had NO fresh towels or made beds!!! That's fine we went and got more and asked for sheets and she told us she didn't know if she could get them for us. Well she finally did after FOREVER and we already fixed it to work with out their help.
The next morning we went to check out (my room) our friends that were with us were staying another night. Well they had our room as 3 nigths paid with cash and the other room 2 nights paid with card. so they switched things and she told me she needed my card again. I REPEATEDLY asked if it would be charged more than once cause I was told it got charged when we checked in. She told me every time I asked it would only be charged once. Well on our way home that evening, we couldn't use our debit card because of insufficant funds. We talked to our bank the next day to find out that the freakin hotel CHARGED OUR CARD 5 FREAKING TIMES!!!!! Not just accidentally once but FIVE freaking times!!! When I found out I tried calling and was sent in cirlces for 5 minutes then they hung up on me!!!! Then I tried calling again and they wouldn't even talk to me just sent me to the manager's voice mail. Well my mom ended up calling cause they stayed with us and I had to work. They took off the other 4 charges FINALLY but that's all they're doing. They said they can't do anything about all our overdraft charges! VERY VERY VERY disappointed in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and there was a confrence room right next to us that they were very loud both mornings we were there!!! It wouldn't have been so bad but there was a door that openned to the conference room so we heard everything! Ahhh!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I have never been to Omaha before, so I chose a hotel through the Omaha Visitors Bureau. I liked the looks of the Carlisle. It was moderately priced and seemed to offer all the amenities I wanted (i.e. indoor heated pool, continental breakfast, etc).

When we arrived, we were disappointed to find that the upper level hallways were HOT and smelly. Our room was very hot as well. It was a good thing were were headed out so that our room had time to cool. The bed was comfortable enough and the cable TV was nice. However, the towels are rough (not soft at all), the water temperature in the shower fluctuates (burned me a few times), and our room was not equipped with a microwave as they had advertised it would be.

My biggest disappointment was that the indoor 'heated' pool was not heated! Maybe in the winter, but it was very cold when I got in. We stayed only for 10 minutes or so.

The breakfast was boring, but was just like any other "free" continental breakfast I suppose.

The only good feature of the hotel was it's location. It is conveniently located to restaurants, gas stations (Quik Trip), a small shopping area (Target), within 10 minutes of a nice sized mall, and 15-20 from the zoo (FANTASTIC! A must-see in Omaha!). However, there were many other hotels just as conveniently located.

Not the worst hotel I've been in, but I think next time I'll splurge an extra $30 and spring for a nicer hotel.

P.S. IMPORTANT side note: If you do decide to stay at the Carlisle and book online through the Carlisle Hotel site, choose the FIRST booking site (Direct Inn). The prices are lower than if you use the iHotelier booking site. I asked the manager why this was so and she said the second booking site prices include a commission (which raises the prices substantially).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Carlisle Hotel? Share your experiences!