“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Rockingham, Australia
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is in the middle of being worked on and this was brought to our attention when we checked in. When all is said and done besides the visual signs of the work it didnt get in our way at all. The best part of this hotel was the friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Terry F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel about your last stay with. We have a great staff and I am so glad you mentioned them, they work hard to make our quest feel at home. I hope when ever you are in our area you will make our hotel your choice.

THANK YOU!

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel 2 to 3 nights per week for business. This is the worst experience I have had in years. In fact this is the first review I have written. This hotel is being "refurbished". They are doing all the floors at one time. I had to duck a hanging electical wire to enter my room. At the same time the ceiling light was hanging at head level. When I ducked to enter the room the light hit me in the face like a headlight of a car. When I entered the room i was blinded by the light and triped over the coffee table cutting my knee and tearing my pants. I brought this to the attention of the front desk personnel, manager and manitenance personnel. They all had the same response: "We are under construction" Gee, so it's my fault? I will not stay here again and would recommend anyone else to look at other properties.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear John H,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am deeply sorry for the overall experience you had during your stay. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here when it was a Comfort Inn and before this stay, I read the reviews about the dust and remodeling effort. Since it is a good mid-town location, we booked a King Suite for our stay. The remodeling review I had read was posted in late June - so I was hoping that 4 months later it may be in better shape. NOT! See the photo below to show you the dust in our room. That dust was on every surface of the room. Does the staff not have a swiffer? I'm talking TV, lamps, end tables - all of it. The halls had wallpaper half ripped off and all of the smoke detectors were covered in plastic, yet it didn't appear any work was "in progress". How safe are smoke detectors taped over with plastic for a paint job that is clearly no where near happening? The hot tub had piles of sand at the bottom - so much so that our 8 year old could scoop it up with a sand toy in our pool bag. There was what looked like animal poop under a chair by the hot tub and the deck doors were wide open. Many candy wrappers and trash were laying around. We were the only people in the pool - it wasn't busy and clearly it had been that way for awhile. Incidentally - we checked on the poop looking substance 36 hours later before we left and it was still there. I never saw anyone walking around picking up at all. A maintenance man came in to check a closet in the pool but didn't even glance around at the state of things. The staff was friendly enough but some appeared very lazy and could care less about the job. The morning of checkout, I was shuttling three kids to the breakfast. (The breakfast was good and well staffed - the only good part of the hotel stay.) While waiting for the elevator, I could hear one of the front desk people on the phone. She was saying, "Oh honey - I am just trying to act busy around here. You know how it is when you trying to look busy and find things to do. Don't you worry bout it - you get yourself to the doctor today if you need to. Aint no shame in takin care of ourselves." 5 minutes later she was still on the phone so I went around the corner to ask a question and see what kind of employee blatantly does this on a rather busy (meaning full of hotel guests) morning. There was an obese lady sitting on a chair still taking her personal call and encouraging her friend to see a doctor. She didn't even look up, but another worker acted a bit embarassed and rushed to help anyone right away as the other lady gabbed on her butt. I am doubtful this hotel will ever be finished with the remodel and even if it is - I know the Hampton up the street is a hundred times cleaner and more professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hastings, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stay a lot at Holiday Inn Express and if this is an example of what the "brand" is starting to stand for then I will switch. This is a made over Comfort Inn. The room had new carpet and some of the amenities I would expect, but they left so many things out--they didn't paint the door frames, the doors are in poor condition, the hallways are a mess. They have signs saying "pardon our dust" but not much work seems to be going on. The bed was very hard and very uncomfortable--left over from Comfort Inn? The sheets were like sandpaper. The WIFI did not work and I called the front desk and was told the maintenance man had just reset it. I did not hear from the front desk again nor did the WIFI ever work. The sink drained very slowly. Find another place to stay--this was very disappointing. I stayed at this hotel at least 30 times when it was a Comfort Inn and it was better and cheaper!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel! There is a new Holiday Inn Express off the Gretna exit and a nice Holiday I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear harleyrkc,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay and regret por hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Harvard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a great motel. It's a few blocks west of Methodist Hospital where I had surgery. If you are going to be a patient at Methodist Hospital, they give you a discounted rate.
The breakfast in the morn is fabulous-pancakes, eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, gravy & biscuits, little rolls that looked like kolaches, juice, coffee, & fruit.
On Tues to Thurs they have customer appreciation day. The one eveing we were there, they had beer, wine, little smokies & chex mix. The next night they had meat & cheese, don't know what they had to drink with it.
But all in all, this is a great stay if you have anything done at the Children's or Methodist Hospital. Katie was the one that checked us in & she was fabulous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Nothing special. Clean rooms, but excessive dust due to a remodeling effort. Close to many eateries and shopping locations. Breakfast is the usual continental style breakfast with a pancake machine. A little of a trek to downtown, but not incredibly far away.

• Stayed September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

As other reviewers have stated this hotel has been recently rebranded and "remodeled" while three was obviously an attempt, the effort gets a C- in my book. They had most of the expected HIE features, but the implementation and remodel was poor quality. Glue marks still on wall paper from old mirrors, cigarette burns on toilet and tub, missing electrical cover plates, and a funk in the hall. They tried but much more work needs to be done to bring it up to normal HIE standards...

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street? Share your experiences!