“3 months was enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska
“3 months was enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room was clean, sufficient & made life in a hotel waiting for my house to be ready acceptable. Staying away from home for any extended stay can never be too easy, but the hotel staff did a super job. I couldn't have been happier, led by Katie the GM & front desk clerks Aretha, Ann, Amber & Lanora. Very nice ladies, all always with a smile & glad to help if & when needed. Gary the engineer/maintenance guy was also Johnny or Gary on the spot, quick to help & friendly as can be. I'd highly recommend staying here, whether it's for a night or an extended stay. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: stay off the first floor where all the traffic is, as the front desk, lobby, breakfast, pool & s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I just had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a one night business trip during the College World Series. I arrived to the hotel very early (around 11:30am) and was sure that a room would not be ready. To my surprise, they noted on my reservation that I was arriving early and had a room cleaned just for my arrival. Aretha checked me into the hotel and let me tell you, she is probably the nicest lady I have met in a long time. She smiled the entire time she was helping me and thanked me many times for staying at her hotel. She asked if I needed anything and just made the check in process very pleasurable. This is rare these days in hotel staff and I wish she could travel the country to show other hotel staffs what they should be doing. The hotel room was very clean and up to date. The pool was nice and the free breakfast in the morning was delicious. They had an automatic pancake maker that was awesome. I would tell anyone and everyone to check out this place if you are ever in the Omaha area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Some of these higher ratings must be employees or friends as I spoke with a handful of other guests during our stay and they were just as frustrated and disappointed as we were. Either that or they are carry overs from other hotels and placed on the wrong location.
This location is a quick flip from a run down Comfort Inn and they didn't do the best job. Half way at best.
The staff also isn't the most attentive, there were many rooms with TV issues and no soap in the baths for washing hands or taking a shower.
The pool area could use some ventilation.
Toilets and showers are still the old ones installed from the previous hotel and show the wear, age and function as they look.
The breakfast was more of a let down than usual, they didn't keep the food fresh and also let it run down quickly and didn't seem to care about those still needing breakfast. Luckily there are restaurants nearby - unfortunately you have to pay for those and they are not included in the room price.
The A/C units are older and don't function the best. It was only in the 80's during our stay and the rooms were stuffy.
Even the elevators were months past their inspection date. As another reviewer mentioned, its all in the details.
The management team definitely should have paid for a higher quality construction crew, finished the rooms and building completely, and updated or trained the staff much better.
Will never stay at this location again. I would much rather drive the 15 - 30 minutes to other locations that actually get it right.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear John R,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Overall, I think this place might be an acceptable choice, but it was not for my wife and I. We were placed in a room next to the elevator bank and ice machine. In most hotels that would not be a problem since the rooms are insulated from outside noise. Unfortunately our room was not very sound proof so every time the elevator chimed, someone got ice, or someone spoke we heard everything. I had to go outside at 12:45 am to tell the girl talking on her cell phone that I did not want to hear her conversation.

In addition to the noise our sink did not drain, the water from the sink sprayed onto the counter, and the alarm clock was broke. On the bright side, the bed was comfortable and the WiFi was fast. The hotel staff was very apologetic for our inconvenience and did factor our all the problems we experienced when calculating the bill. While I greatly appreciate the hotels acknowledgement of the problems and their willingness to compensate us, I probably won't stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room near the elevator / ice machine.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over the Berkshire Hathaway AGM weekend. It used to be a Comfort Inn - this created some confusion with cab drivers and our booking. Our booking was very quickly recovered by a very helpful lady called Amber, at the front desk. The staff were very helpful, professional and friendly. The breakfast buffet had an egg and meat variation every morning. Good value for money.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

This Property use to be Comfort inn and was very run down property. I stayed with them when it was a comfort. I had a bad experience, but now I saw it was a conversion to Holiday Inn Express. Since I am a priority club platinum member and always looking for IHG properties to stay. I was quite impress with the changes. Their staff was pretty professional even it was comfort. They still have the old staff but much more polished and uniformed. Now on I'll stay at this property instead of old Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was debating whether to rate it 3 or 4. I think 3.5 should be fair. It was not a bad experience. In fact, the stay was quite okay. Here are my observations:

Pros:
- Good location. Close to major highways and many things.
- Breakfast. I liked the choices. It had muffins, danishes, toasts, cereal, yogurt, fruit (bananas), milk, juice, coffee, eggs, plus hot breakfast items including omelettes, sausages and pancakes. Many same class hotels do not offer mcuh hot breakfast choices anymore. The quality was just okay though.

Cons:
- Noisy AC/Heat unit. Fortunately I am not a light sleeper.
- Limited TV channels. Only ESPN2 but no ESPN and others? HBO did work in my room.
- Wireless internet was not working during my 1-day stay.

I didn't have issues with parking, although I did notice that parking spaces were somewhat limited.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street? Share your experiences!