“Not terrible but not worth the $” 2 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Express Omaha Southwest
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   10729 J St., Omaha, NE 68127   |
Ranked #62 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
Sioux City, Iowa
“Not terrible but not worth the $”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed here for a family weekend to Omaha. Why is that I cannot find a really nice hotel in this city? This HI Express was not terrible, but was much more run down than most HI Expresses that I stay at. At $110 it was not worth the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha Southwest, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Salesguy3308,

Thank you for staying and taking time to share your review with us. It is unfortunate to read that you were not fully satisfied with our hotel, particularly with the upkeep of our facility. We value all your feedback, whether negative or positive, for this will help us target specific concerns and make the appropriate upgrades towards improving our service.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the chance to give you a better hotel experience in the future.

Faith R
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our latest trip to Omaha for two nights. As we have stayed at many HI Express hotels, we knew what to expect. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. A couple of things that we noticed were different from other HI Express we've stayed at. First, the rooms were much smaller. I would guess that this hotel used to be another hotel and was converted to an HI Express at a later date. Second, the bed and pillows were not has high a quality as compared to other HI Express hotels we've stayed at.. My pillows were extremely lumpy and I even went to the front desk and got another one but it was lumpy too. Lastly, we had an issue with extremely loud guests coming in at all hours of the night. I realize there isn't a lot the hotel can do about this, but they could remind the guests who come in late at night not to slam doors. You can hear them very clearly throughout the hotel. Overall, this is an OK place to stay. If you are on this side of town and will only be there for a night or two, this place would be fine. Like I said above, the staff was extremely friendly, even the maintenance man smiled and said hello when we saw him. The lady who put out the breakfast each morning, Alma, was so nice and helpful. She really went the extra mile to make sure everyone had everything they needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha Southwest, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Christy I,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to read your kind comments for our staff and we truly appreciate the high scores for Cleanliness, Service, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Customer service at this location is the worst I have ever seen. They were either texting or talking to each other while I was clearly standing there waiting to check in! I finally checked in and later went downstairs to ask something and Mary was very rude. Acted like It was such a hassle to do anything for me. She let out a big sigh and then continued to walk away. She came back with what I needed and said HERE! Is this acceptable practice of Holiday Inn to have people like this working for you?!?
For the hotel itself, it is very outdated and the halls smell like a litter box to me. This location needs some work especially on their customer service!

Regards,
Unsatisfied customer

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
goodnight47, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha Southwest, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so sorry that myself and my staff did not live up to your expectations.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I travel a lot. I would like to thank the 3 girls at the front desk they were all very friendly you don't always get an entire staff that are all smiling and saying hello how was your day . They actually looked like they were waiting for an answer. I think I know why they r all that way.There is a little office right by the desk , I thought it was the business center . Everytime I walked by a bald man would be sitting there working on something he would look up and say hello and smile. I thought it was guest. It wasn't until my toilet over flowed because of my daughter that I found out he wasone of the management staff. He came upstairs and fixed my toilet with a smile and his suit and tie on. Gave us great food suggestions and smiled as he left. He is a great example for the girls at the desk. They smile because he is there example. Thank you Jennifer and all the staff for making us fill welcomed

• Stayed January 2014
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Staff was amazing. Very friendly & efficient. Made the stay incredible like staying with friends. Better hospitality and rooms than the other hotels in area. Better prices as well. Will recommend to friends and colleagues. Great pool/hot tub and workout facilities. Perfectly located for great access to I80 and I680. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Again loved the Staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I wondered why there were no pictures of the rooms, now I know why. It was cramped and the jacuzzi wouldn't hold water. The hallway smelled like they let cats live in it. I went to the front desk to ask if they had any tums or rolaids and since she was texting, she must not have understood my question. She started showing me the snack stuff they keep for guests. I tried again to explain and she finally got it, but didn't have any. I asked for some milk and she shrugged her shoulders, but saidI c ould go get some. When we went down for breakfast at 915. There was hardly any food left. I asked the woman if there was any more muffins and she acted like I asked her to do something she shouldn't. They only had sugar free syrup which I'm allergic to. This is a very strange Holiday Inn. I can honestly say that I didn't see the quality we normally do.

• Stayed January 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha Southwest, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Sassy671,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the room you had and the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Savoy, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This really isn't a negative review, as overall the hotel was just fine. But it was just average. As some other reviewers have mentioned it was a little dated, but not DATED like some hotels. It's kind of in that limbo zone where it's new enough that it doesn't really NEED an update, but just dated enough that you can tell it's not that new.

My room and double beds were smaller than the standard updated Holiday Inn Express (HIE) rooms, but they were fine. Did have HDTV which was nice, but the signal kept cutting out, and at one point cut out altogether. Just went to sleep at that point.

Another minor pet-peeve is that I couldn't turn the heater fan on all the time. I like the noise when I sleep. "Fan On" wouldn't put out heat (which was needed). Newer HIEs have the control on the wall that lets you do that.

On the plus side, staff was very friendly, and the downstairs and breakfast areas were updated and nice. Breakfast spread was very good, maybe slightly better than the average HIE. Hotel was easy to find and plenty of parking (lots more around back!).

Again, don't let this review fool you. This stay was acceptable and I'd stay at it again. But if you really like the super-updated HIE hotels, you might try another one in the area first.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha Southwest, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear illini_razorback,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind comments on the staff and over breakfast. On the other hand, please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered on some aspects of your stay. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Omaha Southwest? Share your experiences!