“Never Again...Pitiful and Ridiculous” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Advance Purchase Rate
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Kansas City, Missouri
“Never Again...Pitiful and Ridiculous”

Where do I start...
The front desk staff were unimpressive to say it nicely. I didn't feel they had any kind of customer service mentality. The check in process was painful, from confusion on when my room would be ready to having to run my credit card twice because it didn't 'take' the first time (this was told to me after I already put everything away).. just very inefficient. Next, the five mile radius shuttle as advertised on the website is actually only 4.5 miles (the told me the website was wrong and they haven't corrected it) and therefore they were unable to drop me off at the 5 mile mark as I needed, so... I had to take a cab two and from my meetings. The room...I don't know what they mean by 'recently renovated.' The room was still old, dingy, and the air conditioner didn't work. (I kept it running the whole night and it didn't get below 70 degrees). The bed was horrible...too soft and my husband and I kept migrating to the middle. Not to mention there was a tear in my sheet. I don't know many people whom keep sheets on their bed with holes in them...but I don't expect holes in my sheets in a hotel like this. When I asked the front desk to speak to a manager, she refused and pointed at a group of people having a meeting in the lobby... this was the manager's meeting. I guess she wasn't allowed to interrupt it for a customer service issue. bottom line... this was a terrible hotel and I hope no one else experiences what I did.

Room Tip: Do not get a room above the front entrance. The windows are paper thin and you can hear every conve...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Michael K, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and taking time to fill out the review. We value your feedback.

We are starting the process for a new great renovation here at the hotel and we hope that you join us again in the near future and see the exciting changes happening here!

Michael Kosalka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Riverton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is showing it's age, but is kept clean. The suite set-up is nice for a family. The rate we paid was over-priced for the location and the age of this hotel. It isn't near any of the baseball events we were attending.

Plano, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel was overwhelmed by 100 guests checking out during the College World Series, which is in Omaha every year and this hotel looked 50 years old. They could not get rooms ready when promised nor give a time on when they would be ready. We were late to CWS due to this. Also, ESPN, which had the games playing, did not work in most of the rooms.

Denver, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very adult unfriendly! They have a security guard walking nonstop watching you like you've done something wrong. They have a huge lounge area that is empty at night because you can't sit in it unless you buy all your drinks and food from them so no one goes down, so if you have a group you all have to hang out in a room. The bar is tiny. Spent too much money not to be able to leave your room!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Being a business traveler, I stayed at this hotel for last couple of months. Twice during these months, I had 15 nights stay at a stretch due to work. I have to say, the customer service was really great- warm, welcoming, accommodating any special requests and providing the famous Doubletree cookies daily (free during your stay) and whenever I wanted more!!:-)

The only negative about the first stay back in May was that the first room I checked in to, had mold on the rear wall. I just happened to draw the curtains and saw the disgusting wall. Of course, I reported it immediately and the front office staff was very apologetic and made every effort for me to be comfortable and shifted me to a room of my liking and preference. They even let me check few rooms and let me pick a room. I had even emailed the pictures of the wall to one of the front desk staffs so they could necessary actions to fix it which I believe they took care of the next day or so I was told. I never went back to that room! All the same, all the other rooms I checked were good and finally the one I stayed in for these past two months, provided for an extremely comfortable stay. And of course, I loved the French door look, which again is a personal liking.

Overall, entire staff was courteous and friendly- in the restaurant, front desk, housekeeping- all.

If I was to go back to Omaha, I would definitely go back to that hotel again without hesitation!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a small kitchenette (full long counter) are more spacious and include a full size refrige...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dallas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Drove 10 hours to Omaha and asked to Check in early. We were told to come back because "Guaranteed" check in was at 3 pm. Went back at 3 pm and we were told that room would not be ready and that it was "not really" a guaranteed check in time. I checked every 20 minutes with my family and luggage sitting in the lobby. Staff seemed bothered and became rude when I asked if they had an estimate as to when room would be ready. As we got past 4 pm I told staff that we had to be somewhere and asked if we could put our luggage somewhere and checkin later that night. She rudely said that the only place they could hold our luggage was in a back office. She went on to tell us that we had to stack it out of their way because they needed to work back there. They seemed upset at us for requesting an accommodation caused by their lack of preparation. *** After a 3 day stay, we were packing and trying to leave by a 12 pm checkout time, when a hotel employee comes to our room twice to tell us we have to be out by 12 pm. We felt that they were kicking us out after they couldn't even get our room ready when they were supposed to. Other than Josh (the Hotel engineer), the Hotel staff seemed bothered and overworked. They are in the wrong business. I was extremely disappointed by the Doubletree experience. I know this type of review will rarely cause any change, but I needed to let people know.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Makaela W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I am unhappy to read your feedback and certainly apologize for the inadequate customer service you experienced during you stay with us . I can assure you that what you experienced is not our typical service provided or the standard we hold our staff to, and your comments did not fall on deaf ears. I am however please to hear that Josh in our engineering department was able to offer you wonderful customer service during your stay. I would love the opportunity to make this right, as I can not see your profile here I do ask that you please contact me at my direct extension 402-255-9145 and it would be my pleasure to turn around this poor experience to the best of my ability.

Makaela Wiens
Front Office Manager
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha, NE
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel - The front desk staff was welcoming and the open lobby inviting, it's too bad that ends when you open your suite door. When we entered our room we quickly noticed that the smoke alarm was hanging by its wires from the ceiling and there were cobwebs in the corners by the curtains. While it's nice to have the extra room with two rooms we struggled to maintainn a comfortable temperature in the room with the very noisy air conditioner. The bedroom was chilly, while the living room never reached a comfortable temperature. The bathrooms are also very small with the tiles in the shower being stained and the finishing coming off the tub. We had planned to stay for breakfast the next morning, but after seeing the staff not cleaning tables and the line of people waiting for tables we decided that it would be too long of an ordeal and checked out. While renovations on this property have been attempted, it just hasn't been enough to keep up with the age of the property. While the stay wasn't horrible, it wasn't up to what I'd expect from a Hilton property. Would I stay again? Possibly, but only if it was at the right price and other properties were booked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha? Share your experiences!