One of the best things about a hotel of this type is the room size. We found the suite to be very spacious for our one night stay as well as being well appointed. We arrived after 11pm and the front desk staff was considerate in providing a quick and easy check in process along with their famous warm cookies. Our room was on the second floor with a king bed. Here are our positive and negative comments about our stay:
1) Breakfast buffet is way too expensive for what you get. I believe we paid $15 per person and was adequate at best.
2) Bed: very soft. One of the hallmarks of any hotel is their bedding and we were really surprised in a bad way to sink into the mattress. I would have expected something on par with a Heavenly Bed but we were wrong.
3) Lack of hanging space. A true closet would be helpful rather than just an armoire. No place to hang a long overcoat.
1) Very helpful staff! We requested a late check out and there wasnt even a pause by the front desk in agreeing to do so.
2) Well cared for fitness room. Good equipment and was empty when we used it.
3) Great selection of newspapers: local Omaha, USA Today and WSJ.
4) Easy and free parking.
5) Central location we were downtown in 10 minutes.
6) Very clean and well appointed areas.
We would not hesitate to stay again and hope the mattresses are replaced by then.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Omaha Hotel Omaha
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Omaha Hotel
- Doubletree Hotel Omaha
- Doubletree Omaha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha featuring all-suite rooms, with separate living and sleeping rooms, complimentary wireless internet and parking, a complimentary 5-mile radius shuttle, contemporary fitness center with indoor pool and whirlpool spa, and fantastic dining options at our Cedar Street Grille and Canterbury Pub. We are located just minutes from Downtown Omaha, right off I-80/I-680, with convenient access to all of Omaha's top destinations such as; Aksarben Village, Stinson Park, Ralston Arena, Fun Plex, Westroads Mall, Regency Court, One Pacific Place, Village Pointe, Boystown, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Omaha Community Playhouse, University of Nebraska Omaha, College of St. Mary's, Bellevue University, Creighton University, TD Ameritrade Park, CenturyLink Center, Omaha's Children's Museum, Holland Performing Arts Center, Joslyn Art Museum, Durham Western Heritage Museum,Lauritzen Botanical Gardens, the Henry Doorly Zoo, and Omaha's Old Market district. We are also minutes from the nearby medical district: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Alegent Creighton University Medical Center, Bergan Mercy Medical Center, Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital, Immanuel Hospital and the Lied Transplant Center. We look forward to having you as our guest so stop on in and we will have a world famous warm DoubleTree Cookie waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.