“A comfortable hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Champlin, MN
“A comfortable hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We only spent one night and found the hotel to be overall of good quality. The bedding was first rate. The suites are reasonably spacious except for the tiny bathrooms. The reception was friendly and helpful. We would have expected a complimentary continental breakfast. Instead, they only offered a somewhat pricey buffet. The indoor pool and hottub were standard. Overall, a comfortable but only average experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
jeff f, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to respond about your visit. I am glad you were comfortable, we strive to have each guest leave very satisfied. Again, thank you for the feedback. Happy new year.

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Estero, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

When I first pulled into this property, I was fully prepared to leave for a different hotel even though my room was prepaid. The area seemed sketchy and the building's exterior didn't do much to comfort me. However, I decided to walk inside before I made my decision. The lobby won me over. The design of the hotel is very nice, with all of the hotel rooms surrouding a massive courtyard. Also, the staff was so pleasant that I decided to stay. The room was very spacious and included a living room and kitchenette. But, that's about as far as my compliments will go. The room felt old and dirty. The Doubletree was fine for one night, but I will stay elsewhere on my next visit to Omaha.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad the staff made you feel welcome and won you over. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed here for my daughter's birthday last weekend. The reception staff was pleasant while we were checking in. We did have an issue with the door to the room, the keys would not work, even after having the staff reset them. Vince came and fixed the problem for us immediately. He was courteous, funny and extremely helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The pool was perfect for two 6 year old girls to play in. We will probably skip the breakfast buffet next time, though, even with free breakfast passes.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased to hear the staff made you feel welcome. My apologies for the key issues. Vince is a great person to help lighten a situation. Again, thank you and I hope to see you in the future.

Regards.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed here last month for a couple of nights. The Hotel is a little old but clean and staff are nice. The Suites are big and has very comfortable bed. There is a kitchenette but no utensils except for the coffee and the coffee maker. I don't see the need for the kitchenette if you can't use it for lack of useful tools. There is an open courtyard at the center of the hotel and an indoor pool and spa. Breakfast is good but you need to be there early since it gets to be crowded especially on weekends. The breakfast space is small with few tables and manned by only a couple of staff which I think is overworked since they hardly smile. I waited in line for a good 30 minutes to get my breakfast at 9:00 am. Overall, the hotel is a good place to stay in Omaha.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your visit on here. My apologies for the crowds at breakfast. Next time you are here for a visit, feel free to ask for me. I will help expedite the process for you personallly!! Again, thank you.

Regards,
Ann Arbor, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed at this property from 12.oct-14.oct. In the morning of the 13th, I found a soaking wet spot on the carpet under the air conditioning vent (that is located in the ceiling of the suite in the connecting hallway between the living area and the bedroom). My dress sock was completely wet, so I had to change them (not planned to bring extra socks for this!!)
I stopped at the front desk on my way out and reported the problem to the clerk. When I returned in the evening, I checked ans was told that engineering had signed off at 8:40am that the problem was fixed. But when I got to my room and checked, the spot was still there and still just as wet as in the morning. I went back to report the problem at the front desk and then went back to finish a few work emails.
Housekeeping came to the room , confirmed the problem and explained that they would use carpet cleaner to suck water out while I went out for dinner. When I came back from dinner, there was no evidence that anyone had done anything.
I appreciate the comp drink at the hotel bar, but someone should have done something to address the problem.
It is doubtful that I would stay at the property again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Millersville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Mysee and Vince were great employees. Both helped me to find places to eat and fix the clock in my room. Room was clean and quiet. A great place to stay. Very safe.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I arrived late from a long international flight and left again early the next morning. The hotel is clean, the staff was warm and friendly, and the room was huge. I didn't stay long so I didn't mind that the bedroom was missing a TV. But I did mind that the room smelled of cigarette smoke. Other than that I would stay here again since everyone was so kind and the room was, otherwise, so clean.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha? Share your experiences!