“Will be even better once Renovation Complete” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7010 Hascall Street, Omaha, NE 68106 (Formerly Premiere Suites of Omaha)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 73 hotels in Omaha
A TripAdvisor Member
“Will be even better once Renovation Complete”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

Convenience: Very convenient to mid Omaha. Easy access to I80 as well as very central for shopping, restaurants etc.

Parking: Basically okay, the semis that were being used for construction storage a bit overwhelming but assume that is a short term problem.

Rooms: I stayed in one of the refurbished rooms. It was nice, clean etc. However I wouldln't hire the construction crew that worked on it. Alot of small details that could of easily been completed had been left unattended. Calking corners, touch up painting of woodwork, good trims of new wallpaper just hung.

Comfort: The bed was great, pillows nice and plump. The AC in the room was working overtime. (was very hot while I was there) The new shower curtains in the bath were really nice. Chair/couch in living area very nice for tv watching in the evening.

Food: The morning breakfasts were yummy, the evening snack just right.

Staff: You couldn't ask for nicer folks. Very welcoming. They were all bending over backwards to make my stay nice. They were all so worried because the hotel had areas of construction that would not normally be there. The general manager and assistant made a point of personally asking me if there was anything I could see that could be improved. I made a couple of small comments and by the next morning my comments were already implemented!! What customer service!!!!!

I can't rate this hotel excellent right now because of the construction, however I am sure once it is completed if there customer service stays top notch it will get an excellent from me in the future.

I was there visiting family and it made my stay in Omaha very nice. I was there from a Wed to Monday. Would certainly recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Omaha.

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2005

Room had wallpaper glue on sink, and on kitchen sink in large globs , and also had one unplugged tv, one broken t.v., and then the remotes would not work at all even when my husband got new batteries, then the bathtub was dirty, the refridgerator would not shut and broke our drink bottles, next no lightbulb in the lamp, night clerk did not have replacement available to her, one bed had a soft pillowtop coverother did not, on the positive side the breakfast and lodge were clean nice and great, aLSO, I felt deeply embarressed when I brought these to her attention like I was some kind of complaining freak or some thing. I left to walk around while they fixed things and my husband stayed, everyone was a little stilted, and I felt like a complete idiot.

Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

stayed on business, nice but average facilities, seemed liked converted apts, needs freshening up for elevators and better lighting/handicapped features for ingress/egress to buildings, included wireless internet & breakfast a plus.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2005

I try and stay here on my business trips to Omaha. While I agree with the previous reviewer about the property showing its age, I do not think it is bad condition at all. Rooms are great, feel like I'm at home with the separate bedroom, living room and kitchen. Nice furnishings too. Never had a problem with the breakfast items running out or the evening reception, which has served as dinner more than once. Very close to the main mall in Omaha and Dodge St, downtown, yet secluded and away from the traffic noise of I-80. Overall I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2004

My husband and 6 year old son and daughter stayed at Homewood Suites, Omaha from a Friday to a Sunday. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The main lodge and pool were very nice. On the negative side, we were very surprised at what poor shape the buildings and grounds were in. A staff member told us that is was the oldest Homewood Suites and is 15 years old. They were doing some spotty renovating (new carpet, new tile) but the place really needed alot of work. Doors were falling off hinges, wooden walkways were falling apart, concrete was broken up, it needed lots of new paint inside and out, the garbage area was a mess and the TV's color was horrible. It could be a beautiful property. It has lots of potential, but it seems it hasn't been cared for. Also, we went to the free continental breakfast both mornings. We were disappointed. They told us they were out of bagels and bread both mornings, so there was no need for the toaster and condiments. There were remnants of scrambled eggs, 1 pancake & 3 donuts at 9:30 which they did not refill (the breakfast ended at 10), so get there early. I overheard a women from the Kitchen(?) come out and mention they needed to be refilled to the young girl managing the breakfast, and the young girl said, "It is about over anyway." On the positive side, there was fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee and juice. The rooms were spacious, quiet and clean. (We had brand new carpet.) There was plenty of HOT water with good pressure. The price was right--$79.00 per night. Overall, it worked for us. It was a pretty good value for the money. I just hope the management doesn't let it deteriorate any further.

• Stayed August 2005
Terry F, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I am so sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Over the next year you will see a lot of changes at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. We take all review very seriously and read and talk through each one at our weekly staff meeting.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2004

We enjoyed our stay there. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. we enjoyed the hot breasfast in the mornings and the appetizers in the evening. The rooms were spacious and nice. I guess I cna't say enough positive things.

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central? Share your experiences!