“Time Capsule Under Construction” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central

You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7010 Hascall Street, Omaha, NE 68106 (Formerly Premiere Suites of Omaha)   |
Ranked #45 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Atlanta, Georgia
“Time Capsule Under Construction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel mainly due to the attractive rates compared to other hotels in the Omaha area. Upon arrival the front desk agent was very pleasant and checked us in quickly. There were signs posted that the hotel is being renovated. As an extended stay hotel, you can park close to where your room is. Would note that if you are disabled, to have the front desk get you a room that has no stairs to access the building. Once inside there were elevators to use. The un-renovated rooms are like a time capsule back to the 90s? They were well worn, included upholstery that has faded from the sun and tiles in the bathroom that creaked like you were walking on thin ice. That said, my room was clean and given the circumstances was what I expected for a hotel under construction. I did not hear any noise from construction or other guests (would recommend requesting a top floor so as not to hear foot steps of those above you). It was very quiet. The hotel area seemed pretty safe and it is right next to an indoor water park or something similar. The breakfast was just ok. In a pinch on the go it filled the hungry spot. They need to replace the waffle maker or season it differently..my waffle had to be scraped from the griddle plates. The hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant during our entire stay. Once the renovation is complete I would consider staying there again, but may not get the same rate we did. Other notes, it was located fairly close to downtown, just a quick drive, and there are numerous restaurants in the Omaha Market area of the city. We tried the Upstream Brewing Company,had a Thai shrimp pizza and wheat beer that were great. Also went to M's for dinner and the food and service were excellent as well (upscale but relaxed atmosphere). Would recommend them both for lunch or dinner. I was unexpected surprised by how vibrant downtown Omaha is and would definitely visit again if the need arose.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor in a building that is close to the main lobby building, then you can just wal...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We (family of 4) stayed here recently for a couple of nights. I made the booking thru' Orbitz and the only option provided was a single King bed room (with a sofa pull-out bed). Tried different dates but only got the single King bed option. The hotel did have double bed rooms but the cost to upgrade was $40 per night at the desk or over phone. The staff here were very friendly and willing to help out. The room came with a kitchenette but we didn't have use for it. The room was clean, didn't smell or anything. The lights in the room were not that bright, so it looked a bit dingy and dark. There were 2 TVs, one in living room and one in bedroom, so that was a plus (we could finally watch something different instead of cartoons and Disney channel). The heating system worked very well. The internet in the guest rooms were non-existent. You would see the Wi-Fi option but none of our 4 mobile devices could connect (got errors that signal was weak OR cannot get an IP address). The continental breakfast is served close to the lobby area. But the buildings with guest rooms are not connected to the lobby (have to walk outside a little bit). Internet was working fine at the lobby. The breakfast had reasonable choices and the coffee was very hot and good. I notified the receptionists about the non-existent internet. They said they would put in a ticket to take care of it. After reading thru' the same issue reported by other reviewers here, I now feel they said that just to make me feel better. A "real" fix to the internet is the only thing that'll bring me back here next time. Carpet replacement will be nice too. The business center room has one computer that is really old and slow. Didn't get to use the gym room. Pool is outdoor and obviously closed (hey it's Omaha!). The hotel definitely has room for improvement and thereby room for potential!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room closer to the lobby building so you can get connected to wi-fi internet.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hawthorn Suites Omaha. I apologize for the lack of internet service you experienced during your stay with us. In November of this year, we upgraded our entire internet technology as we were receiving many complaints from our travelers. I would like to know more about your reservation so we can help identify potential issues with our new equipment. We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel and will be addressing the issues you mentioned in your review. I would appreciate to discuss more about your reservation, I can be reached at 402-397-7500 or grcoleman@live.com.

Lincoln, NE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is run down with a staff that has no idea what is going on. We booked two rooms and requested the to be next to each other. When we arrived, the rooms were in two different buildings. Parking was a joke because they had two large storage containers taking up over half of the parking by our building. Construction materials were laying on the maze of sidewalks. When we called down to ask where we could get some ice, they told us they would just bring it to us since it would be easier. That's how confusing the layout is. The shower curtain isn't wide enough to cover the whole shower and was ripped from people trying to adjust it. There were two pillows in a room that we booked for four people. I called and asked for two more and was asked to come pick them up. The most annoying part is that when I got there they only had one and the guy working the desk told me that was all they had. after I forced him to call someone to find me a pillow he told me there would be one in a drawer under the tv?? Why would I look there, and why didn't he know there was a pillow there to begin with?? Overall this could be nice if someone with half a brain worked there.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I apologize for the issues during your stay with us and will address your comments with our staff to ensure we do not have problems like this in the future. We are under renovation right now to help improve our guest experience and, unfortunately, some areas may get overlooked. I would like to discuss your reservation in greater detail, if you're able. I can be reached at 402-397-7500.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday with our 2 small dogs. The rooms were very outdated and the carpets were filthy. In fact, the first room that we were given smelled so bad that we asked to be moved. The second room did not have any odor. We were told when we booked the room 2 months prior that we would only incur a one time charge of $20.00 for both of our dogs, but actually were charged $20.00 per day. My husband talked with Greg, the manager, and all they were willing to adjust was to take off only $40.00 and we stayed there for 4 nights. We will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Debi,

Thank you for reviewing our Hawthorn Suites Central Omaha. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and will inform our staff of the items mentioned in your review. While I do understand your position regarding our pet fee, we feel that $10 per day per animal is very reasonable. However, we also understand that miscommunication can occur during the reservation process and felt that the 50% refund was generous, equaling a $5 per day charge.

Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After not having the best stay several years ago, we decided to give them another try this past October and were glad we did. The rooms were clean and comfy and while a little dated in the décor looking like any hotel room in the mid-west, the bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfast was decent for a free one, hot items were plentiful and we never went hungry on it. The only complaint was the hotel next door had a convention on Halloween and not knowing this when we returned to our room that night there was no parking to be had. When we checked in we should have been informed that parking might have been an issue that night and we could have made other transportation arrangements for the day. Overall, we are glad to be able to say this is once again our go to place when visiting Omaha

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
What a great review! Thank you for giving our Hawthorn Suites another opportunity to be your hotel of choice when traveling to Omaha. I apologize for the lack of communication regarding our parking lot on Halloween night, I will relay this message to our front office staff to ensure we are providing as much information as we can during the check-in process. Thank you again for the excellent review and we look forward to your next trip to Omaha!

Take care,

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Recently stayed here 7 nights for a business trip. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a breakfast every morning and it was quite good. The staff were very friendly and they seemed to be doing a lot of updates and renovations on the hotel. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the glowing review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our Hawthorn Suites and would stay here on a return trip to Omaha. Our staff appreciates seeing reviews like this regarding their friendly service and all the great amenities that our hotel offers. We are looking forward to serving you on your next trip to Omaha!

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

The entire facility was first rate...from the rooms to the breakfast area. The support staff was friendly, helpful and added to a sense of home away from home.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Greg C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Jerome,

Thank you for the excellent feedback of our Hawthorn Suites! I am glad our staff was helpful and that you had a sense of home during your time with us. Our spacious suites do provide a home away from home for the extended stay guest, business traveler or families looking for a short leisure trip.

Thank you again!

Greg Coleman

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Omaha Central? Share your experiences!