“Awesome Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Arkansas
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had an awesome experience and a great stay at the Courtyard Marriott Old Market. The staff was so accomadating. We took the shuttle to a nearby restaurant, Sullivan's Steakhouse (an incredible experience as well). The driver had two tickets for free martinis at Sullivan's. What a deal! The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We will definately be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay here. The hotel was clean and the staff very helpful. Walking distance from oldmarket Omaha by the river walk. The building is very cool and location is great! The kids liked the pool and whirl pool the bistro food was good.

• Stayed September 2012
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Omaha is a fun town and this place is right in the heart of the fun. The location is great.

The people at the front desk check me in quickly. They even allowed me to park my motorcycle in the sidewalk next to the front door.

The lobby is nice and bright with a place to eat and places to sit and either watch TV, read or chat.

My room was spotless. That is what is most important to me. The bed was also very comfortable.

This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Marmora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our second visit and again it was a delight. I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you are visiting Omaha, for business or pleasure. I realise that most people will head out to West Omaha but this place is so well situated for business and is so close to the Old Market they even will take you there in a shuttle bus if you like but I promise, it is walking distance. Within short
driving distance are so many attractions - the zoo, etc. it really is perfect location. So on to the review:

Check in: charming as always, very friendly and welcoming.

Rooms: We had booked two rooms for ourselves and our friend and our son had booked two rooms also for his family. We were extremely appreciative that we had been booked onto the same floor as our son and family and definitely appreciative that they were somewhat further down the corridor. We love our seven grandchildren, honest we do, but there is a reason why
people have their children when the parents are young and grandparents do not have children when older - to aging men with trophy wives who have babies? You are going to get very tired, very often and very soon.

We visited our family in their rooms and we were fascinated to see the very high ceilings. Eventually the penny dropped (duh! I am not the brightest of the bright) and I realised it is because they were in an older part of the historic building. I love the way that Marriott have incorporated the old with the new. Our couple of rooms had a window that could open, which I just love, and our friend's room had a cute little balcony. I have no problem with city noise but if you don't like it then you can shut the window and it is pretty much sound-proof. Re Noise: There is this really bizarre bicycle ride bus thing that goes on some kind of pub crawl around Omaha and it does stop at the bar across the road and they can be noisy but hey, we were all young once and who would begrudge them the fun? Just shut the window if it bothers you. Or lie there and grin and remember when you were that young.

Food: no disrespect but a Courtyard is a Courtyard is a Courtyard and as we, and our son in his own working life, stay quite often at Courtyards we know the menu well so are more inclined to go out when we are on vacation. I never did like the change to a' Fast Food at a Rest Stop' type menu board and would prefer that they did menus that they could change up even if just a
little but I guess that is what Marriott Corporate wants. But it is certainly perfectly OK for a quick bite. Free coffee and tea in the room and lobby or you can pay for Starbucks if you want.

Recreation: great pool (you can swim decent laps) and exercise room. Hot tub is HOT. I mean it makes 'people soup' and the jets don't hit the small of your back, they spray between your shoulders and if you are short like me, send a fountain over your head. But that's OK.

Parking: very reasonable rate, especially for downtown Omaha.

Check out: Excellent. Our friend wanted to pay for it all and it would have meant a mountain of paperwork as I had prepaid but the lady on the desk was charming and patient as I gently explained to him that it would be too much hassle.

If you are visitng on business, please take the time to go see the local area. The arts, the zoo, even just people watching. It is a fun place to visit. Bet you are now looking at someone next to you and are saying 'This crazy woman thinks Omaha is fun.' I promise you, it is.

Room Tip: I like a higher room but floor 3 is good. If you don't like noise from the street and mention t...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a return trip from the Rockies. The staff was great and comp'd our parking fee because I am a Marriott Rewards member, but otherwise you'll have to pay for parking. The hotel is walking distance to the Old Market area and we enjoyed the walk and dinner in the area. Automatic sliding doors would be nice as most people arrive with luggage in tow (hello!). There's a bar and restaurant but avoid the expensive fare and head to one of the many restaurants or bars within walking distance.

The rooms are awesome with really high ceilings, very comfortable beds, and ample bathroom space. Excellent wi-fi, digital cable on a nice LCD television, in-room coffee maker. All really nice.

We had one MAJOR issue, on the 4th floor in the east tower, once the noise of daily life, television, etc. all die down at the end of the day and you turn off the lights, we noticed a grumbling / growling noise that sounded like someone was running a vacuum in the room above us! Someone came up and walked around and said it was just the "mechanicals" of the building. Some people obviously can sleep through it but the staff was gracious enough to move us to the west tower on the 3rd floor. It was very late and very inconvenient but in the end we got a really good night's sleep.

Overall we liked this hotel and would stay here again if we have the chance to visit Omaha again. Just remember to avoid the east tower!

Room Tip: Rooms are quietest in the west tower.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Used Marriott points to stay here with the family. Liked the advertised location in the market district, but this is really 3 blocks or so from the heart of the market, but that is a simple 5-minute stroll. The city park across the street is neat and pleasant to stroll through. Hotel has the new Courtyard upgrades and the lobby was very spacious, modern, and nice. Hallways and rooms were typical of a Courtyard. Room was nice with very tall ceilings and painted brick walls. Wireless internet was FREE and worked throughout hotel. The INDOOR pool was big enough and there was a hot tub. Fitness room had several cardio machines and enough dumbbells and a bench to get in a basic workout. Staff was helpful. All in all, will stay here again when in Omaha.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently spent two nights on business at this hotel and it was clean, comfortable and the staff was nice. The lobby has very high ceilings and has seating that is reasonably spaced so that you are not on top of the next person. It does not have 24 hour room service but has an adequate kitchen and the food frankly favorably surprised me. I had oatmeal both mornings and was surprised on the second day when I ordered it to take to my room to find that every accompaniment offered with the meal at the restaurant was included in my bad. I also grabbed a quick dinner of hummus with pita and a mediteranean flat bed, both of which were tasty, fairly portioned and priced. Again, when I got to my room, I found the staff thought about every detail needed for in room eating. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business