“Very good and great value for location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Arlington
“Very good and great value for location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I traveled here 3 times in the last two months. Shuttle van is timely. I have NO complaints except for the last ten minutes of my stay. I was given a late checkout of 12:30 pm which was agreeable. However at 12:22 pm housekeeping knocked on my door. I was packed and dressed to leave and just finishing tidying up. When I opened the door mgmt was there with another guest. Mgmt asked if I had a 12:30 checkout and I said yes. What annoyed me was the fact that another guest was with her as if to hurry me to leave. I thought that was atypical of service for that hotel. As I was leaving wouldn't you know that guest was in the lobby waiting for the room I was in. I believe it could've been handled differently is all. How much do I travel? Diamond with Hilton, gold with Marriott.

• Stayed March 2013
OMAFD, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Faifield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. I’m disappointed to learn that your departure experience was handled in this manner. We always look to accommodate our guest late departure needs. I apologize for the inconvenience and will make a point to address these issues and how they should be handled in the future with our staff.

We look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve you so that we can create a positive Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown experience for you.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Can't say enough good things about the staff and their excellent shuttle service to the airport and downtown area during a 4 night stay. A cancelled flight meant we had to ask for a late checkout, which was granted and they stored our luggage. Easy walk to the various downtown event venues. Breakfast was limited but I never went hungry. The king suite room was large and clean. Nice sized bathroom. My only issue with the hotel was the bed comfort: it was lumpy and sagged in the middle. We mentioned this to the staff at the end of the visit, and they stated they would see to it. We stay in Marriotts all the time and overall I found this new property very similar to the Springhill Suites. But if Marriott is differentiating their hotel lines by the quality of the mattresses, then I will avoid the Fairfields in the future. It just isn't worth a few dollars for a bad night's sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get on the front of the hotel rather than the back. The train goes right beside the back roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. We do apologize for the discomfort you experienced with the mattress in your guest room. We always look to provided a restful night's sleep for our guest. I will make a point to address this issue. Will you please email your contact information so we may properly inspect the mattress in question and address this situation, vkosalka@fhginc.com?

We look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve you so that we can create a positive Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown experience for you and all our guest.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I travel to Omaha, NE on a regular basis, and due to a large city wide event, found myself at the Fairfield Inn, located in downtown Omaha for the first time. Initially, I was disappointed with the lack of restaurant options, poor sleeping quality and rooms. There is one sports bar within walking distance - the food is as you might expect, cheap prices, but low quality. The hotel is located right next to a busy street - and you hear police cars all through the night. Finally, the lobby has undergone renovation, but the rooms remain in 90's style decor. The second night I endured an incident I will never forget... I had a fellow colleague pick me up for dinner (at 6:30pm)- on our way out of the parking lot, an intoxicated man was banging on the car window asking for money. At 8:30pm, when I returned to the hotel, the entire building was on "lock down" and you were required to use your key card to enter the lobby. I would not recommend this location to anyone, nor will I ever stay there personally again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your January stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. I’m disappointed to learn that you were inconvenied by a pan handler and not made aware of the restaurant offerings near our property.

We take the safety and security of our guest seriously. On a nightly basis we lock our main entrance at 11pm and if needed we do lock the main doors earlier again if there is a safety concern that we are addressing. In addition we do have security cameras that are monitored and a Night Manager that addresses any safety concerns. We do wish we would have known at the time when you were approached in the parking lot as we would have handled this situation immediately.

Additionally, we do have some great restaurants within walking distance to our hotel: The Old Mattress Factory, Goodnight's Pizza, and The Union Pizzeria Bar and Grill and Blatt Beer and Table. Also as you mentioned, we are happy to shuttle guests to restaurants within a 3 mile radius of Fairfield as well. Sorry to hear we did not direct you to any locations within walking distance on your recent stay with us.

This is great feedback for our hotel team and we will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your stay with us! We hope you will give our property another chance. I would personally like to offer you a complimentary upgrade we hope to see you back again soon!

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were back in the heartland for a wedding and the shuttle serve is outstanding. They will pick you up from the airport (just remember to call) as well as anywhere in the metro within a few miles of the hotel. I was told that they will also take you to and from the zoo. They allowed us a very late check out as well as use of the facilities after we had checked out that morning to change for the wedding.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your January stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay! We appreciate guest feedback!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your comments on the great service you received and the location of the hotel. We do have some great restaurants within walking distance to our hotel: The Old Mattress Factory, Goodnight's Pizza, and The Union Pizzeria Bar and Grill and Blatt Beer and Table. Also as you mentioned, we are happy to shuttle guests to restaurants within a 3 mile radius (also the Zoo & Airport) of Faifield as well.

Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your stay with us! We hope to see you back again soon!

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great welcoming staff and efficient front desk. Rooms are satisfactory and clean. Breakfast about average. Common areas good. Night we were there a youth convention was in town. Thought maybe the hotel would be noisy. Staff assured us they were in control. And they kept their promise.
It is a little out of the way but the shuttle was convenient and safe.

• Stayed December 2012

We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Crystal Lake, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here the first weekend in November for an event at the Century Link Center. The hotel is within close proximity of there, as well as very convenient to the Old Market area, the entire downtown, Creighton University, the Airport, and the major freeways. There are a few dining and shopping options within walking distance....numerous others within a five or ten minute drive, including the Old Market.

The hotel itself is a newer property, well maintained, with clean, comfortable rooms with everything in good working order, great beds, and a good, efficiently run breakfast area, with a good variety of choices. (Worth noting that even though the hotel was full, there was never a problem with breakfast items running out)

Which brings me to this hotel's greatest asset. The staff. Competent, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We had a few special needs during our stay (among other things, my wife was a bit hobbled by a broken arm) . None of our needs or requests were extreme, But all of our little "odds and ends" were handled promptly and cheerfully. The staff and management alike treated us like they were glad to have us and glad to help.

I'm a 33-year business traveler, and lifetime platinum member with Marriott, so I know and appreciate hotels that "have their act together". This is definitely one of the better ones. And a really good value, to boot. I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate your positive comments. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your overall EXPERIENCE in Omaha and our hotel location made everything accessible to you! We've been here since 2008 and guests continue to be impressed by our services and amenities! Our Front Office Team will be excited that you commented on how EXCELLENT they are. We will be sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Monroe City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were in Omaha the last weekend in September for the Ak-Sar-Ben Livestock Show and Rodeo. It was our first trip so wanted to stay relatively close the Century Link. The Fairfield Inn fit the bill as far as proximity and was good value for the money but knowing we will be back each year for this show I booked somewhere else next year. I'm looking for perfection and this wasn't it.
They did give us a bonus while staying. We had booked a suite since we have more than 2 kids and need the extra space. They had overbooked suites I guess and gave us 2 adjoining rooms for the same price. The kids were thrilled.
Our reasons for staying somewhere else boil down to..We were a little disappointed in the pool. It was really small and that is always a major thing with the kids. Breakfast in the morning was your basic fair. My husband follows a low carb diet so he was left pretty hungry. He peeled the biscuit off his Bob Evans breakfast sandwich and called it good. And the one big disatisfier I had was the coffee. It was definitely worth the walk to the coffee shop at the hotel in front of the Fairfield the next morning. Guess I could add that the beds are really not comfy either.
If you are just wanting a nice clean room and not picky about the little things this is a good choice. We don't get to go a lot so I'm looking for perfection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We've had some staffing changes and wanted to reach back to last year’s reviewers. We appreciate your positive comments overall.

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your overall EXPERIENCE in Omaha and our hotel location made everything accessible to you! As of April 1, 2013 were rolling out a New Complimentary Hot Breakfast featuring Scrambled Eggs, Jimmy Dean Breakfast proteins (sausage patties and turkey sausage), Biscuits & Gravy, Belgian Waffles, pre-cut whole fruit, breads, cereals, hard boiled eggs and yogurt options..and more!

We feature our Bold Beginnings Hot Coffee but that Scooter Coffeehouse is still next door!

Our Front Office Team will be excited that you commented on how EXCELLENT they are. We will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you back again soon for this year's Rodeo Show!

vkosalka@fhginc.com

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown? Share your experiences!