“Good stay in an older hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Omaha West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10829 M Street, Omaha, NE 68137   |
Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good stay in an older hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for three nights for work. Overall this was a nice place to stay for the right price. Room was clean, wi-fi was quick, breakfast was actually very good with waffles and hard boiled eggs along with cereal, toast and yogurt, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel was definitely older and needed updating, i.e linoleum in the bathroom and chips in the bathtub. Plenty of hot water though! There was a slight smoke smell to the hotel, not to my room really but the general hotel. It was probably a smoking hotel in the past and that smell really never fully goes away. Location was good, close on and off access to the freeway, decent area, lots of restaurants and fast food nearby. I pricelined and it was well worth it. I probably would only take my family there for a quick overnight of something rather than an extended stay, but for work it worked out pretty good. Once again, as long as you get the price right definitely worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your sparkling review and the kind words. We want to assure you that all our guests opinions are valuable to us. We strive to put a smile on all our guest's faces and will do our utmost to keep you comfortable and happy! Please consider us again when you need lodging in our area.

E. Michael Vlassakis, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been to this hotel 4 times and have always had a nice clean room! I show up fairly late and everyone who works the front desk have been very helpful and taken care of me despite me showing up late! Breakfast is good and free I always get a waffle and some fruit! for the price this place is a bargain!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your business and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It's very satisfying to know when we have done a good job and put a smile on our guests faces. Our aim here at the Omaha M Street Super 8 is to make each guest feel welcomed and comfortable. We have a wonderful staff of Guest service Representatives and housekeepers, that truly care about our guests. Please visit us again when passing through our city.

Kindly,

Glendale, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I challenge you to find another motel/hotel that has a clerk greet customers with freshly baked cookies. Or hallways that smell like maple syrup. The room itself was very cheap, and looked the part: Chipped, roughed-up bathroom and tiny space in the queen bed room. But everything was clean and worked just fine. Good service wins out at this stop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your fine review, we try to make all our guests feel comfortable and at home. Please consider us again when traveling through our area we would love to see you again!

Kindest Regards,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've been lucky...great hotels in various cities and countries ....so an initial reaction to Super 8 would be...ugh. Not so fast.....for $50, I got a clean quiet room, working ac, and a breakfast...heavy on the carbs, but none the less saved me at least $15 on what would have been spent at Starbucks for coffee and a bagel for two.

I was visiting family in Omaha, so this worked great...their 3 week old didn't wake me and I didn't get in their way. I realize sometimes its dicey with cheap motels, but this time the Super 8 worked just fine.

My only gripe would be that the mattress was a little squishy...but that honestly could have happened anyway....my firmness of choice is rock hard, squish is to be expected..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your review. We are very happy that your stay with us was a good one. Your opinion is extremely valuable and we take all our guest surveys seriously. You are correct we are not the Ritz, however, we do try diligently to provide Ritz quality service at an economy price. Thank you so much for lodging with us and we hope when you are passing through our area again you will consider the M Street Super 8 Omaha West for your needs.

All the Best!

E. Michael Vlassakis, GM

Been to Super 8 Motel Omaha West? Share your experiences!