“Trip to Omaha Zoo” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
BERESFORD
“Trip to Omaha Zoo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The location of this hotel was ok. I went off of reading the super 8 site and they made it sound like this motel was close to the zoo. Well its about 8 miles from the zoo. There are other hotels closer. My fault for not actually checking the map. On the plus side the price on the room was really fair. Once we got checked in we got to our room and the door was open and the lights were on. Once inside everything was clean and it appeared that nobody had been in there. Apparently the cleaning people had forgotten to lock the door up when they were done. After we got settled and were watching some tv I got up to use the bathroom and noticed that there was no shower curtain. So I ran down to the front desk to talk to the front desk about it. They just moved us to another room which was fine and the other room was just fine.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our distance from the Zoo had caused you. Under normal circumstances, our property is an approx 7-8 minute drive from I-80 to the Henry Doorly Zoo. We appreciate your patronage and value your opinions. We hope you will come visit us again soon.

Kindest Regards

E.M. Vlassakis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Garwin, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Staff was very friendly and courteous especially at Check-in, asked for extra towels--no problem, Ice--no problem. Rooms were clean and well-maintained. Beds were good, no backache in the morning! Breakfast had waffle maker, bagels, cereal, toast, coffee, juice--didn't expect much more for the price. Internet worked great and was accessed easily. Manager made fresh chocolate chip cookies Saturday night. Felt safe in the room, easy to find and easy access from interstate. Rate was great. Wasn't anything I didn't like. Come to Omaha Zoo every year, would stay there again.

Room Tip: Had a room on second floor on west wing was very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your guest review. It pleases us when our guests have a memorably excellent stay and we will continue to try to make each and every guest feel comfortable and welcome. We value your opinions and hope that you will come visit our City and our property again soon. Have a wonderful Holiday season and remember Omaha M street Super 8 the next time you are passing through our fine City!

Warm Wishes
E. Michael Vlassakis
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room and free internet were fine for me. The breakfast, not so fine. I like eggs: not hard boiled and they only had hard boiled. I like bacon or sausage, there was neither. I like biscuits, there were none. If your a fan of bagels and cream cheese you were in River City. And, yes, you could make your own waffles. Two types of cereal offered, one of which was Cheerios, the other, I am not sure. Overall, I thought I would get a deal staying there with the free breakfast, and, to my regret, for me, it was not worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your comments and concerns and value your opinion. Super 8 has updated the brand standard for Breakfast in all its hotels, i am happy to say our breakfast offerings exceed the minimum requirements for these standards. That being said, we realize that the items served in addition to our requirements are not always ideal for everyone. However, we do offer fresh fruit, the hard boiled eggs that you mentioned, yogurt a variety of breads, muffins and bagels as well as the Super 8 signature cinnamon rolls. The municipal code in our city does not allow us to feature many other hot items as we do not have a kitchen area to speak of which is required under code. We appreciate your patronage and would love to be of service to you in the future, we wish you a happy and healthy Holiday season and as always safe traveling!
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staff very friendly,rooms cleans,breakfast ok,safety and quiet place.
Ample place to park vehicles.
Safe in room.
Internet works fine.
Rates good
Restaurants close.
I certainly would stay at the hotel again.
I stay 6 nights

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. We value your opinions and are elated that your experience was a spectacular one. We look forward to serving you again and too continue to make your stays memorable.

Kindest Regards

M. Vlassakis
General manager
Millard, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for the weekend of my birthday just to get away and have a mini vacation and to be honest because that is the way I am this hotel needs work. I was in a room that had roaches in it and the management was prompt and moved me to another room and took a percentage off my stay but, they need to find out how they are getting roaches and get rid of them. Also, the bathrooms need to be updated because in both the rooms I stayed in the paint was and is chipping off the tub inside and out and the walls. I do not honestly know or think I would stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We sincerely apologize for the insect you found in your room. We have beetles swarming this time of year and sometimes garden level rooms are affected. We have Orkin service our property twice per month year round so typically we do not have many issues with insects. We commend our assistant GM for moving you to an upgraded King room for a discounted price and offering you a $10.00 rebate as well. We constantly focus on providing exceptional service to our guests and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Safe travels to you.

Warm Regards
M. Vlassakis, GM
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My sister and I are taking a cross country tour. This was our first night. Super is normally our motel of choice. I travel alot and I have stayed in some good, and some poor....but this property is the best Super 8 I have stayed. We were there 2 nights. The staff was great the room was nice....the breakfast was the best I have had. Waffles, bagels, danish, eggs, all the trimmings.....Now it is not the Ritz Carlton.....but for an economy motel.......it is the best!!!! I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
michael v, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Omaha West, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our property. We are so happy that you had an enjoyable stay and we try very hard to make each and every guest feel welome. We wish you safe traveling and hope to see you again soon!

All the Best
Michael Vlassakis, GM

Been to Super 8 Motel Omaha West? Share your experiences!