“Friendly staff and manager” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Friendly staff and manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 7/25/12. I was only in one short night. To start this, I manage hotels and have been for over 20 years. I normally do not do reviews because I usually have some connection to the hotel I stay in. (so my review would not be un-biased) I stayed at this hotel of which have no personally connection. I tell you I am in the hotel business, to confirm that I know the difference between a good and bad hotel.
the Sleep Inn was not my first choice. I knew the hotel was over 20 years old and that put me off a little. When I walked in, I was very susprised. The lobby is beautiful, especially for a Sleep Inn. The desk person that checked me in was pretty friendly. The next morning, I woke to find a nice breakfast. I expected donuts and coffee. There was make your own waffles, sausage, etc... The item that impresed me was the coffee maker. It was a machine that I had not seen before. It brewed the coffee for each cup, so always get a fresh cup. You could choose reg or decaf by hitting a button and done.
I went to the Front Desk (again another outgoing and friendly person) and had to speak to somebody and find out about this machine for my hotels. The front desk person was not for sure. She went to get the manager (Patrick?). He came out and was very friendly. He spoke to me for almost 10 minutes. Of coarse, I got the information I needed. Then he preceeded to tell me about the hotel and also about exciting things coming up. (renovation, etc...) He seems truly dedicated to the hotel. Management can make or break a hotel.
Patrick told me, he had only been there a few months. The hotel is owned by SuperTel and managed by Kinseth Hotels-- so this is a note to them-- Patrick is a keeper!!! If you he leaves your company, I may be calling him to manage a hotel for me!!! If I was you, I would not give me that opportunity!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
omahanesi, General Manager at Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
CDogDee,

It was a pleasure chatting with you as well. I really appreciate the great review. As a hotel manager, we are often very critical of the places that we stay when we are on vacation too, and I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is one of the best qualities of our hotel and we are very proud of the personal attention that each of them gives to our guests. Our coffee maker doesn't get as much attention, but as you pointed out it is quite unique. Just this morning another guest complimented us on it. The unique brewing system allows each of our guests to get a fresh cup of coffee so you never have to ask how long it has been sitting in the pot! Thanks again for staying with us and for the great review!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kearney, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I got a great deal on this hotel, which was the reason I chose it since I was only going to be there a few short hours before having to get up for an early flight. The lobby seemed newly remodeled and was very nice but the room still appeared to be a little dated. However, I really commend them for NOT using those trashy/dirty comforters and throw pillows. It was relatively clean minus a huge cobweb in one corner and minor details around the room. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They do have a complimentary breakfast that starts at 4am which is great for those who need to rise early, but don't expect more than the average lineup of bagels and yogurt. They do offer a free shuttle to the airport but it costs $5 a day to park your car with them... I chose not to use this service because I had a coupon for cheaper airport parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hi Danell_11,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We are always interested in how we can better serve our guests and reviews like yours are great, because they tell us what we are doing well and what we can improve. I am happy to say that we have recently improved our breakfast and added a hot sausage item and of course we always have hot waffles. As far as our rooms go, we are looking forward to completing the hotel renovation within the next year so that our updated public spaces match our rooms. We hope that you choose us again so that we can show you all of these great updates!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not much of choice as far hotel, everything was book due to the CWS and the Olympic trials. Friendly staff, breakfast was so so. Carpets were nasty, I was afraid of walking without my boots. I been on the road for awhile so having an in house pet was a plus although I think that it was afraid of me due to me trying to kill it, go figure! Overall, not a bad place, just make sure that your GPS is updated, the Nebraska correctional facility is just down the road, so if you hear sirens be advice that it could be a tornado warning or someone leaving the facility without properly signing out.

Room Tip: Second floor just in case a prison escapes.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Inexpensive, clean, good breakfast, pillowtop bed, soft pillows, airport shuttle, free wireless in room and computer in lobby all make for a great value.
Not much nearby except for a Subway restaurant and gas station convenience market, but
at least you can get something with a short walk across the street. I did see a sign for a "dinner shuttle" but did not inquire as to what that was all about. would stay again when in Omaha.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
omahanesi, General Manager at Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear TOMVALALT,

Thanks for leaving a great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! Value is what we are all about! As you pointed out, there aren't many restaraunts in the area and that is why we do provide our dinner shuttle to our guests.

Our dinner shuttle leaves at 6pm and takes you to the Old Market district of downtown Omaha, where you can find lots of great food for any price and any palate! Pasta, pizza, steak, Indian, Mexican, and much more all within walking distance of where you are dropped off! The shuttle returns at 8pm to pick you up and bring you back to the hotel. If you need more time to enjoy one of the many clubs or bars, a cab ride back to the hotel isn't very much at all.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Patrick Ennen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Was in Omaha for the Berkshire weekend - it's tough to find a hotel room period, to say nothing of booking at the last minute and trying to find anything less than $200/night. That said, the Sleep Inn was able to find me a smoking room at a reasonable rate and switched me to a non-smoking room when one became available on the third night of my stay.

To be clear - this isn't the Ritz - the building is a bit dated and the hallways smell funky. That said, the courteous and professional staff, the free breakfast, internet and shuttle to the airport make this a good value for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jumpniner,
Thanks for giving us a good review on Trip Advisor!
Traveling to Omaha during one of a city wide sellout event can be quite the experience. While some hotels take advantage of these events and really gouge prices, we try to keep our prices competitive and reasonable. I'm really glad to hear that you felt it was a great value! And thanks for listing all of the best parts of our hotel. We are proud to offer many complimentary services and we are especially proud of our great staff!

We hope to see you again!
Patrick Ennen
Norfolk, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed for one night for an early flight out of Eppley. Room is scant, carpet could be replaced as it felt worn ob my feet even though no tears or major stains. Walls are thin and was awoke from the person next door snoring at 2:00 a.m. and someone above me walking around. Front desk cordial with speedy Check in. Conveniently located but other hotels across the street may offer a better room for a little more.

• Stayed April 2012
omahanesi, General Manager at Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Marsha H,
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. I'm very happy to tell you that our guest rooms are scheduled to be remodeled later this year! As I'm sure you noticed, we have already remodeled our public areas including our lobby, front desk, and breakfast room.

Our guest room remodels will include new carpeting, wall and window treatments, updated furniture and decor, along with new beds and bedding! We are very excited about this renovation project and hope that you visit us again soon!

Thank you very much for staying with us!
Patrick G Ennen
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have to say that the room layout was a little funky---there seemed to be some retro 60's/70's touches, like the shower compartment that looked like a pod from a space craft. But, even with some dated touches, the room worked great. The price was very good for being right by the airport (we decided to go there for an early flight on a sub-0 night). The only clerk was slammed as we walked in, and he handled the situation with aplomb and was very polite. The breakfast was adequate---not great, but enough to get you going. Free shuttle (didn't use, so can't comment on), which we used as our backup, in case of car failure. We were in-and-out, and were happy with the room, price, and service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
omahanesi, General Manager at Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear TraveledFarAndWide,

Thanks for the great review! I'm sure that you noticed that we have recently remodeled our lobby area and I'm pleased to tell you that our guest rooms are scheduled to be renovated later on this year!

I'm glad to hear that you felt that our hotel was a great value! We really strive to make our guests feel like they are getting their money's worth when they stay with us. I'm also very glad to hear that our front desk agent still handled a busy moment like the professional that he is. We are very proud of our exceptional staff here!

We hope to see you again. Thanks again for using Trip Advisor to review our hotel!

Been to Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha? Share your experiences!