“Classic beauty inside and out” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
$30 OFF BEST RATES
Ranked #4 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Ithaca
“Classic beauty inside and out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I stayed here with my two sisters and he had a wicked good time. We came to see a rock show at the Qwest center and was really pleased with the warm and welcoming reception. The room was delightful and the shuttle service - well lets just say we tipped big! They were always there with helpful suggestions and a warm smile. Thanks for such a great stay and we hope to come back again soon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

1,405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

If you're interesting in being in the heart of downtown Omaha, near the riverfront parks,
old market and restaurants, this is a hotel worth noting. The Hotel is housed in an art
deco era professional building, with many beautiful architectural details. It has been a
Westin, Sheraton, and is now part of the Magnolia chain of hotels. Magnolia has put it's
own style and stamp on the hotel, transforming the former lobby into a very friendly and
comfortable bar and lounge area, with some outdoor tables. The vallets are highly visable and helpful, as are all the staff. The rooms vary from luxurious two story sweets,
to much simple suits, some fireplace rooms, and what would be called "standard rooms." My room was purchased on Priceline for $45.00/night, so I wasn't surprised that
I had one of their more modest rooms. It was ok in size and very nicely appointed. The
bathroom had a modern feel, with a marble floor and large tiled shower. Even though
the hotel has very solid wooden doors, the long, wide corridors amplify voices and cart
noise. I am always amazed by a small number of hotel guests who have little regard for
how loud and long they talk in hallways, bang their doors, etc. In this hotel, it's a little
more problematic because of the architectural realities of the corridors.
The hotel supplies a nice variety of warm cookies in the evening, with teas and an assortment of hot chocolates, and cold milk. They also have a substantial breakfast
buffet (hot and cold) served each morning, which is free for hotel guests. This hotel
has a wonderful outdoor courtyard with enjoying your breakfast under the morning sky.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Spring, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

We are here during the college world series.

We pulled up to the hotel and there was no valet. We waited by the car and finally a valet came out and asked us if we wanted help or a luggage cart. uh, ok.......that was different..
Check-in was quick. No issues. A big jar of Hot Tamales on the counter. Apples were also on the counter but looked bad.

The room had no towels - I called down for some and was brought 2 bath towels - 1 had a rip in it. I asked the person leave new ones in the room while we ate - they left 3 bath towels, no handtowels, no washcloths and there was no bathmat in the bathroom. There was and still is a light out in the bathroom despite me telling the manager. There was a bad smell coming from the shower curtain so we bought Lysol and it smells better. The chain lock onour door had been pulled out and was not functional.

The place is old, the carpet is worn - if you look at the doors and the stairwells, you can see a lot of wear and tear and areas that need to be cleaned.

Pros:
Hotel is within walking distance of the Old Market area - lots of restaurants and shops

Cookies and Milk - served with mix ins for the chocolate milk - but 2 nights in a row there are no spoons. They use coffee cups for the milk.

The air conditioning works well in the room. The rooms are quiet.

Free wireless internet in the lounge, internet cable only in the room.

Cons:

I didn't get the impression that the room was clean.

Ridiculously small TV with a bright green remote. I would expect flat screens.

The lounge has very uncomfortable furniture.

Don't come down at 8:55 for breakfast, they pick it up promptly at 9 even if people are in line or still coming down to eat. There was no coffee and it was obvious the help did not want to make more. They wanted to get everythig picked up. I walked to a nearby Starbucks.

The valent misplaced our car the first day and took 20 minutes to retrieve it.

This is not even close to a W hotel, nor is it close to the Magnolia in Houston. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone expecting a boutique hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Stayed in this property for an extended period with a large group. While the front desk was helpful, problems were not resolved in a timely manner (sometimes it took days). The property was formally an office building and the many of the rooms have been remodeled to create a hotel. The room I ended up in walls shook when the adjourning room's door opened and closed. Our group was all paying the same rate but the room sizes and quality were all over the place. Some so small it was hard to find places to put anything. Positives: front desk's young staff were friendly if not terribly efficient. Shuttle service very nice.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Greensboro, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I tried to check in at 1230pm. Granted it was a little early, but I had just landed. They told me to recheck in 30 minutes. I returned back at 330pm. The room was still not ready. I went to the Old Market and returned at 500pm. Again the room was not ready. I asked, "how long does it take to clean a 4 story hotel" and offerred to clean my own room. After another hour, the room was finally ready. I missed a family dinner and in compensation was offerred two drinks.. Overall the location is great, but the room cleaning is shoddy. I found a womans ear ring in the sheets my first night. The second day I found mud and dirt all over the floor (apparently not vaccumed). I will not recommend this to soemone unless I dislike them. Stay at Doubletree or Embassy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

On its Web site, the Magnolia looks great. On the travel sites, it is rated four stars. The room rate includes a full breakfast, an evening wine reception, and cookies and milk in the evening. I thought it was a sure bet. I was wrong.

The hotel is tired, with frayed carpet, chipped paint and worn upholstery. The staff is tentative and not overly competent. The desk clerk didn't know how to handle our reservation and the bartender was out of a key ingredient, and served our drinks without it.

The room was clean, but our sink was broken, as was the toilet paper holder, which kept falling off the wall. Breakfast was poor quality with cellophane wrapped muffins and scrambled eggs tasting of margarine.

With the upgrading of the budget chains, I would have been better off at a Hampton Inn than this boutique hotel with pretensions.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockville Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

We've stayed at the Magnolia Omaha for the first weekend in May for the last 3 years now and we continue to be very pleased and happy with our stay there. The staff, while seemingly young, is always attentive and professional. Every year, we find our room clean, well appointed, beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The complimentary shuttle service is FABULOUS, as are the drivers. We have not eaten at the hotel restaurant. We're often tempted to switch to a closer hotel (to the Quest Ctr), but we really have no complaints about the Magnolia and hope to continue to secure a room there on that very busy weekend during the Berkshire Meeting.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Magnolia Hotel Omaha? Share your experiences!