“Great Customer Service and location BUT housekeeping lacking” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
$30 OFF BEST RATES
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Kansas City, Kansas
“Great Customer Service and location BUT housekeeping lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was my first visit to Omaha. LOVED the location of the hotel and the fun "perks" (free cocktail hour and cookies and milk), so we booked it. Upon arrival we were greeted and treated by the Porter (Chris) and front desk staff. ALL were friendly, informative and professional. Our room was ready early (12:30) upon arrival and we rushed in to drop bags and head out to explore Omaha. Many hours later when we returned to the hotel we had a better opportunity to look around. On the surface all looked good. the bathroom looked very sleek and modern with a step up to the shower and nicely tiled. Upon use we discovered it was a poor design as the water spilled over the ledge and flooded the bathroom floor. Maybe if the curtain rod was installed an inch more into the shower it would be prevented. We found extra towels in the closet to soak up the water. I then pulled out the desk chair to sit and apply my makeup when I found cheetos on it!! Also in the corners of the ceiling there were cobwebs in the bathroom.
We enjoyed the complimentary Happy Hour with wine and beer. The bar staff was extremely nice and helpful. We used the free shuttle for a lift to the Midtown Crossings area for dinner. Again all went well until it was time to return. We called for pick up and were told in 15 minutes they would be there. We went to the agreed pickup point after 15 minutes and waited...no shuttle. When we called , driver said he showed but we were not there so he left and would not be available for he was an hour away (shuttle is suppose to ONLY run in a 3 mile radius of the hotel) We were told to call a cab since he was unable to come back for us.
the morning breakfast was again plentiful and a good variety of items.
Overall I would say it is a unique hotel but not a boutique hotel.
Housekeeping needs to step up to the customer service standards of the rest of the hotel team.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback gives us great insight into ways we can improve customer service. Your experience with the room condition has been addressed, and your positive remarks to the guest services staff have also been noted. Thank you for being a part of what makes us better.

Regards,
Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Magnolia Hotel Omaha was nothing short of spectacular! I am so impressed by the value for money and the hotel was great. The location was perfect: close enough to the Old Market you can easily walk to the bars, restaurants and shops, but not right in the middle of all the craziness. The actual hotel was full of charm and class--I was pleasantly surprised. The lounge was comfortable and relaxing and the nightly happy hour was a huge bonus! The complimentary breakfast set-up was great too: no stale pastries here! Fresh eggs, hash browns, waffles, pancakes...you name it. Our room was tastefully appointed, clean and comfortable. The Magnolia does an exceptional job of appealing to both business travelers and vacationers. I would definitely recommend this property!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thanks for the review and keep us in mind next time!

West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I love the Magnolia Hotel! This was my second stay at the hotel and I will not stay anywhere else when in Omaha. The staff is very helpful and friendly from the valet to the desk personnel. They make each guest feel welcome and make it apparent that they are there to make sure your stay is comfortable and hassle free. The cookies and milk at night and the full breakfast are just an example of the full service that you receive when you stay at the Magnolia. Other hotels should take lessons from the Magnolia!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Well we think you're the cat's meow!! Reviews like yours are why we do what we do here. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and next time you're in town, let's do it again.

Long Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Room was dirty. Dirty washcloth left in the shower. Sheets had multiple stains. Hairs in the shower and a bobby bin left on the floor. I told the staff when we were running out and they asked if the maid could clean up but we were in a rush. When we got back they were willing to move us but it was so late and we were tired. They were very accommodating, but it was a very uncomfortable stay. They took off the parking cost but I think there should have been more off the bill. I've stayed at a lot of 4 star hotels and this was definitely not one, it was rather disgusting actually. Front desk staff was the only plus during this stay.

Room Tip: Check to make sure it's clean!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you. Reviews like yours are absolutely essential to helping us improve as a business. We have shared your concerns with the staff and look forward to making your next stay with us better.

Regards,
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was totally amazed at how easy Ron (wedding event coordinator) made this event for us. From the initial meeting a year ago to our wedding ceremony and reception, the wedding party and guests were treated like royalty. The hotel staff, the servers, bartenders, etc. were friendly, accommodating and truly engaged in our important day. I kept thinking I should be doing something but the wedding staff had it all under control.

Highly recommend the Magnolia for your important events.

Patty S. Omaha, NE

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Awesome and congratulations!! Ron is the man and we're glad to have him on board. We're happy you had such a wonderful time and we hope for your next special occasion, you'll stay with us.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff was great and the ambiance wonderful! I wasn't crazy about the breakfast buffet -- it was not as upscale as the rest of the hotel. But I would highly recommend the hotel! They have bikes in the lobby which I thought was a cool touch and Omaha is very bike friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I love the word delightful!! We're so happy you chose to stay with us and took the time to review the experience. We hope to have a repeat performance soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The Magnolia was a fantastic stay for my wife and I. The hotel staff were absolutely amazing. They were helpful, courteous and were always there if you needed them.

We stayed in a King corner suite and the room was very nice. Not overly large but more than big enough for my wife and I staying there. I would've liked to have been able to control the thermostat a little better in the room (the thermostat only was able to go down to 68°. I'm a kind a guy that likes to have things cool.) The room was very clean and we had no issues at all with anything.

The breakfast served each morning was one of the best breakfasts you'll get at any hotel for a complementary breakfast. I don't think you can ever beat it anywhere.

The location of the old market area is about three blocks away and well within walking distance. There are a couple of hotels closer to the old market area, but seriously if you can't walk three blocks you're in some major trouble. For me, the service that I got at the Magnolia was worth staying a couple blocks farther away.

Overall, this is one of the best hotel stays I've ever had at any place I've ever traveled. I would definitely recommend the Magnolia and would definitely stay here again if ever in Omaha.

• Stayed June 2014
It's typical really. Great guest, who really looks for the good things in life, immediately recognizes the Magnolia and staff as being stellar. Staff responds by being amazing. Guest responds by responding on-line, staff then responds on-line thanking them for being amazing. And hopefully, the whole thing can repeat itself. We look forward to these re-runs. Thanks for choosing us.

Ryan

Been to Magnolia Hotel Omaha? Share your experiences!