“Business trip to Omaha” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Greeley, Colorado, United States
“Business trip to Omaha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very nice hotel for our one night in Omaha. We had dinner in the lounge and a free cookie. Both very nice. It was nice and quiet. I had no complaints. Valet parking was very convenient and the valet took the time to scrape the ice off the car in the 12 degree weather.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Lynn,

You didn't have to review your stay with us, but you did.
Well, we wanted to thank you for it. The ice on the windshield thing, that's our favorite thing to do. Thanks for dropping us a line.

Continue being awesome.

1,405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Such a beautiful historic building, I fell in love with the marble floors, the Lobby ceiling, and the many arches. The lounge was comfortable and inviting, and the patio is something I want to visit next spring! Our room was large, and had character. I didn't hear any running water sounds like people taking showers or flushing of toilets, and I didn't hear anyone in the halls. It was nice to be able to enjoy the quiet! The front desk was very quick to respond to any request, with no waiting at check in/out. The staff was friendly and enlightening, and the Valet parking was exceptional. I am looking forward to staying here again in the near future. Thank you for making this an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey Connerk2013,

Reviews like yours are why we do what we do here. We love it when guests appreciate the small touches, and yes, even our ceiling.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and next time you're in town, let's do it again.

Regards,
omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Ron and the catering staff are excellent. They took care of all the details and made for a very pleasant experience.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff is very nice, I don't know why the prior lady had trouble getting her car parked there was always someone there when I needed them.
i will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jwray26,

We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! We will let the catering crew and Ron know how appreciative you were. That will make their day.

Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you again!

Cheers,
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

First, I have stayed in lots of historic buildings/ hotels...not my first rodeo. But, corners were cut here....this was the worst soundproofing I have experienced by far. Cheap hotels have done a better job. I could hear way too much in the neighboring bathroom not to mention the screaming maniac in the room next to mine in the middle of one night....I thought he was IN my room. The room itself was nice but nothing special. I agree with others who noted the absence of robes oddly enough although I don't have a specific expectation for these as a rule. Maybe my timing was off but I never saw anyone who might park or get my car or even open a door for me....I did think that was odd. BUT, the staff I did interact with were wonderful....friendly, helpful and prompt. Both days my room was serviced, replacement items were missing which isn't great but they were fast to react. I loved the lounge although I did not do the evening reception. Breakfast was a notch above most chains. I found this place to be atmospheric and charming but not a top tier property. I might give it another try.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear gfdeb,

Reading your review, we realize there are some things that didn't quite work for you. Sound-wise, robe-wise there were some issues, but staff and service-wise there were no issues. This is good info and brings to light things we can and will address.

Improving our service is key, and your feedback is instrumental to that process. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to serving you again.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Upon arrival we made it to a complimentary happy hour in the lounge which was very warm and cozy. Really romatic for my significant other and I. We had a bit of a pluming problem in our room but the staff was very accomidating and apologetic. They moved us immediatly and we had very little disruption to our evening. They even brought us a bottle of wine on the house. I would most definatly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Abigail,

We're so happy you got to enjoy the happy hour and had such a wonderful time! We're also glad we got a chance to show you our awesome customer services skills with our room shuffle and romantic wine delivery. That's us.

Thank you for taking the time to review.
We hope to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Me and my husband live 10 minutes from this hotel and we stayed here to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. We loved the free drinks from 5:30-6:30pm. And the free cookie bar from 8pm to 10pm was really nice. The rooms were spacious and we didn't quite understand the step down from the shower either. Just make sure you put a towel down when you get out so you dont slip on your bum. The breakfast buffet in the morning was huge! They live up to the word buffet! It was awesome, me and my husband left stuffed and didn't have to eat lunch! We parked across the street at the OPPD parking garage. The attendant on Saturday did not tell us the garage is closed on Sundays. You will need to call the emergency number to be let in. We also took the shuttle service downtown to the old market and the SUV was awesome and spacious! The driver drove safe and was awesome! This is an excellent place to stay. Check for hotel discounts. This place is worth the business and money! You get back what you put in with the free drink hour. Cookie bar and breakfast buffet! You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed November 2013
Hey jewelsgirl,

Where to begin? Happy Anniversary for starters.
You're so nice in this review, we're wondering if we're related to you because only family would be this sweet!
The cookies, the service, the ride, the happy hour, the buffet - you took advantage of our best and had an amazing time doing it so thank you for maximizing your stay, and making us proud.

See you next Anniversary (or sooner),

Marion, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We came to town to visit the zoo for the weekend. The hotel was very clean and friendly. Rooms were nice and beds were comfortable. Breakfast had many options and valet was very quick. I do have a couple of negatives... we got a call at 9:30 pm saying that our vehicle was ready to pick up when we were already in bed. The pillows were too fat for the kids and sound insulation was a minimum. We heard every door slam and the neighbors at 4am. It was nice for our stay but probably won't be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Artsvarc,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, providing us with your feedback, and giving us a chance to improve.

Consider staying with us next time you're in town - we'll be ready.

Ryan

Been to Magnolia Hotel Omaha? Share your experiences!