“Central Omaha Location and Recently Updated” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Omaha
Texas City, Texas
“Central Omaha Location and Recently Updated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights in November, 2012 for a business trip. Property sits back from Dodge Street a bit, so it is a little quieter than one might expect. CrossRoads Mall is about 1/4 mile west. Many big box stores in the area and restaurants. Depending on traffic 15 - 20 minutes from the airport. Check-In was fast. Asst Manager Georgia did a great job of welcoming us for a requested early check-in. Hotel was fully booked while I was there. My room was an upgrade when I arrived. Had a two queen size bed room with a loft (really) with a separate bed and bath. The loft overlooks the living room. Living room is furnished with couch and a comfy chair with ottoman. Wood burning fireplace is there. First log free from hotel mgt. Full kitchen in my room. This place would have been a nice apt if I was looking for a place to live. Hot breakfast daily is standard fare but good. Complimentary snacks or light meal served Monday - Wednesday evenings. A worthy place to stay with a fresh look, I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This property is not the fanciest property in Omaha, but they have the nicest staff. The rooms are small suites with lots of room, small kitchen, flat-screen television, free wireless Internet, clean pool, small 24-hour fitness center, and free breakfast. When checking in, you are usually offered a freshly-baked individually-wrapped chocolate chip cookie (if they are still available; they do not last long). If you have a large business credit account, you can probably afford better. But if you (government employees, for example) want the most for your $$$, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I hate to give this secret up, but the 500 series rooms seem to have the best wireless Internet sign...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Bernardino, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our reservations for the Penthouse at the Residence Inn in Omaha, Nebraska was a great dissapointment. We went to the "penthouse" more like a townhouses upstairs. Opened the door to overwhelming smell of moth balls! The carpets terribly stained, furniture showing wear, appears old and they seem to have tried to update this out dated hotel but fail. When we looked at a second room, the smell was not there but, the same poor maintenace and worn furniture. For the price it is not even close to being worth it. It is in a questionable neighborhood not easy to get to and not the pleasant place to stay we were looking for. Most of the people we saw checking in had pets and/or small children. We choose not to stay there and went to the Courtyard by Marriott at Aksarben Village...much newer, nicer and cheaper.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Although the property is a bit dated on the outside, the rooms have been nicely updated. Very clean, great kitchens. Staff is very friendly. Nice little wine and cheese gathering in the afternoon. We'll stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
KC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was rated a 3 1/2 star hotel by an online 'bid for your room' site...and we stayed here after bidding successfully. We've also stayed at the local Double Tree which was rated the same level.
For the price, this was a nice place to stay. The receptionist was nice upon check in. Our room had one queen and a fold out sofa bed. Observations: the second floor room was clearn and had an open floor plan akin to a studio apartment. The kitchen was modern with a full 4 burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, full size refrigerator/freezer, dishes, utensils, etc- everything you need for an extended stay if you want to save money. and cook in the room. There were two closests with ample room to store stuff. The sink and mirror were off the main bed and isolated without a door...although the toilet and shower had a door. The work desk had a working lamp with power outlets. Our room had everything working (lights, TV, etc). The furniture in the room was modern looking and looked newer. The 32" LCD worked just fine. One odd thing was that the sofa bed required moving to fold out the bed otherwise it would hit the TV stand. Doing so gave you little room to cross the room behind the couch. The outdoor pool area looked newly redone with a huge grill and better-than-average pool seats. There was an outdoor multi-purpose court that had some kind of hard plastic, inter-locking mat material that you could shoot baskets on the one hoop or play short-court tennis on...THIS WAS NOT A FULL SIZE TENNIS COURT. The exercise room was rather basic...3 treadmills and that's it. Some weights or a universal would have been nice. Heck you can walk up the street and jog through the UofN campus. Breakfast was your standard fare: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, pancakes, do-it-yourself waffles, fruit, cereal...the usual. The oatmeal was very watery so I was disappointed b/c that is the one thing I do eat. The sitting area was nice though with an LCD TV.
I didn't see any pets around so can't comment on that. Oh, there were 3 of us staying here and only two seats to eat at the kitchen table...so I had to wheel over the business chair.
Would we stay here again? Sure...although for my bid price, I'd prefer the Double Tree based on a like-for-like comparison.

Room Tip: Second floor is better. Looking at other reviews...yes there are wasps flying around the front door...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed in a penthouse suite with three other people. It was beautiful, spacious and comfortable. The kitchenette was great; we didn't have to eat at a restaurant once because we were able to make anything we wanted. The two bathrooms were quite handy, see as we were all girls :) The staff was pleasant and helpful; I even loved the maid that was on duty for our room during our stay. I highly recommend the Residence Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good location for getting almost anywhere in Omaha, and roomy enough for me, my daughter, and her two girls, ages 8 & 10 (altho my daughter had to share a queen with the 8-yr-old; the 10-yr-old slept on the pull-out couch in the living-eating-kitchen room; I slept in the loft). The hotel has small separate buildings for its residents. Ours opened onto a 2nd floor (hard for me carrying my suitcase up!) which had a loft section with another queen and its own bathroom. Plenty of closet and drawer space for a week's stay, which cost around $1200. Full-size fridge, dishwasher, oven provided (though we didn't cook). Breakfast was adequate, although same-old-same-old every day. There's a kind of "supper" provided M-W, which we saw from the pool but didn't eat. Granny Smith apples and cookies provided at front desk - nice touch. Food not as sumptuous as some Residence Inns I've stayed at, but everyone's cutting back these days, and I guess this was a sign of that. Also, no body lotion or shower caps provided in the bathrooms - chintzy, I thought! Bathtubs shallow, a little slippery, but with well-placed safety bars to hold onto when climbing out. Lots of hot water, good pressure. The pool here was a daily hit with my granddaughters (clean, pool towels provided). Staff friendly, although when the Manager wasn't there, some were not very knowledgeable. For ex., the first night we were there, a guest took her pug into the pool when my girls were swimming!! I couldn't believe it. I ran in to ask the young woman at the desk to do something - she was clueless. By the time I got back out, the woman had left - maybe she'd seen my distressed expression? The next day I asked the Manager, who of course verified that this is NOT allowed. I suggested a sign: NO PETS IN POOL AREA. None appeared the week I was there. Oh yes, there's a small tennis-basketball hoop court, which some kids used - I guess one would have to bring one's own equipment (I never asked). The exercise room was minimal: 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, TV's attached. Free printing on the computer in the reception area. Suggestion: want dinner? Go north one block to Cass, turn left and at 78th St there's a large Hy-Vee where you can buy prepared food. The roast chicken was delicious. Trader Joe's is about a 10-min. drive west (go up to 90th, turn left to Pacific, then west again and you'll see it). Finally, as others have mentioned, the hotel does have a wasp problem - they build paper nests under the slats of the stairs going up to the 2nd floor. The kids were scared of them, but in fact I think they were pretty harmless. I asked for the nests to be removed, but they weren't.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side (away from Dodge) are quieter, but the hotel in general is set back off of D...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Omaha? Share your experiences!