“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Kansas City
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend to visit the Henry Doorly Zoo. Woke up at 1:30 am to the sound of tornado warning sirens. Fortunately, there were clear written instructions on the desk in the room about what to do. (Do not take the stairs close to the elevators, which lead outside.) Took the stairs to the ground floor and followed the crowd to the ballroom, but did not see staff until after the tornado warning expired and we were heading back to our room. Ballroom tables had solid bottoms and no further protection (which fortunately we didn't need) could be had aside from being in the ballroom without windows itself. Aside from that, it was comfortable and convenient. Breakfast room service options were good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jim9597, General Manager at Omaha Marriott, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Aleina,

Thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you were able to enjoy the zoo in spite of the weather. I am glad that our severe weather letter was of value.

I apologize for the inconvenience of being woken up by the weather sirens. Rest assured, being in Nebraska in the spring we are constantly watching for unstable conditions in order to keep our guests safe and I was personally up constantly monitoring the conditions. I do not worry as our ballrooms are extremely secure, as is the overall construction of the hotel itself.

We hope to see you again in the future and hope for sunny days on your next visit.

Thanks,

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and the staff is always friendly and on top of customer service. The rooms are large, the layout is functional and the bed is comfortable. Most of all the rooms are quiet. The exercise facilities are nice and the staff in the concierge lounge is so friendly. I would definitely recommend this property and it is my only choice when staying in Omaha.

Dear Copygirl,

Thank you for all of your positive feedback. Our staff takes tremendous pride in reading reviews such as yours. Rita in the concierge lounge gets more positive comments than anyone I have ever worked with.

We truly look forward to your next visit!

Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Ive stayed here a few times in the last 5 years. This was my first stay since the make-over a few years back. My first impression is that its maybe average for a Marriott. Probably lower than average. The lobby is shiny and new but as soon as you start to look around (like at the elevators) the shiny wears off.

GOOD:

Quiet area, in genearal
Close to many west Omaha attractions / business
Extremely friendly concierge lounge staff

BAD:

Check in staff was not up to speed - got bad key / no points on checkin
Common areas were in need of a good cleaning
Rare uncomfortable bed - not horrible but not up to Marriott standards
WEAK HVAC - room never got cool even though it was 60 degrees out
SMALL bathroom. Very small.
Shower area could use a rehab

Next time I'll probably stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: 6th floor not facing the highway
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lucycan,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit at the Omaha Marriott. I was bothered by your comments and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. All the same, I am working with the team to make sure that they fully understand the gravity of your experience and how we need to insure that your experience is not duplicated. We aim to ‘wow’ our guests during their stay with us and while we enjoy a very good success rate in doing so, we clearly did not achieve this in your case.

Thanks to your comments, we were able to find an issue with the HVAC and repair it immediately.

I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future and am convinced that we will exceed your previous stay with us.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I most recently planned my company's 25 year banquet at the Marriott. I had never held an event at this facility before, but after my recent experience... I will book all my meetings & dinners with this hotel and staff. I had a wonderful experience from the very beginning. My catering manager was very knowledgeable about all the newest trends and the banquet staff produced a 1st class dinner to our guests. The dinner was wonderful. The event was a successful from start to finish. Thank you everyone at the Marriott for making this event the very best!

Dear Carrie0622,

Thank you for your most positive comments and post. Our catering sales and operational staff were extremely proud to read this. We pride ourselves with our experienced and knowledgeable staff and how our team strives to make each event ‘one of a kind’. Being an ex-executive chef, I truly understand the importance of a successful event in the eyes of the client.

We look forward to hosting your event again in the future!

Warm regards,

Hopewell Junction, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are nice, staff were very friendly. Especially the banquet staff. Right across from the mall with Borchiems. Simply walk across the street. The beds are nice, nice flat screen TV in the room. While in Omaha, be sure to go to the old marketplace and visit Mangelsen Photo Gallery . Unbelievable artist. There are also tons of shops, brew pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 5 nts here and won't do it again. Arrived and hot checked n fairly quickly however upon getting to our room it was two double beds rather then the king that the reservation where for. Called front desk and got the run around that they are full and didn't have a king room available which I didn't accept since I had called less the 24hrs prior to verify our reservations. Finally after realizing I wasn't going to accept the room he magically had a king size bed room available n said he would b up with the new keys. While waiting I went over the room finding several things not to standards: mysterious stains on bed skirt bulb burned out n bathroom bed not quite completely made sheets where coming off stains on the chair oh and our view was of the rock covered roof. They arrive with key to new room glad we hadn't taken our bags up with us or we would've been moving them all(with infant so extra things like stroller pack n play diaper bag bag of baby supplies hard to travel light with a little one) so up to the next room elevator fairly dirty and smudged up n places most people can't reach maybe that why it wasn't clean lol hall on fourth floor spots falling apart and stuff splattered on the walls we noticed as we walked along. Arrive at new room again bed not completley made its like they have one size smaller sheets and comforter then the bed size. Floor not vaccummed or poorly vaccummed may not have noticed except had to do a gd check before letting the little one down picked up several things and decided it was better to keep her n pack n play or stroller or up on bed needless to say that made for a long stay as she is 10mons and don't like being n one spot long wanting to explore everything. So room was poorly dusted kinda like things at eye level is all that was done phone was dusty ledges of mirrors dusty the bottom of the cabinets. Again stain spots on chair and bed skirt. Shower caulking cracked and not very appealing. Flipped on the tv and what do u know its all choppy or no signal it was late so we jus watched what we could n called it a nt. Went out for the day and returned to swim however pool was very cold to us and the little one climbed back out which she loves the water so we spent a few minutes n the hot tub which wasn't so hot either. Nice green stuff growing around Windows and white build up around pool n hot tub rather gross. The net to clean the pool was hanging full of leaves wow they didn't even empty it after they used it. So back to the room for so tv and what do u know it still don't work rt. Once again we watch hgtv cuz it was one of the few channels that was coming n for us. Was up and out early on the 3rd day which ment we returned earlier m the day and wanted to relax n watch tv since we already knew the pool was to cold but tv still not working called front desk as this is the third nt of the tv not working. They sent the engineer up as they called him he arrived and started working on the tv. Mean while I hear and seen him spit something and I asked him about it his response "oh it was jus a piece of lint from the air" what are you serious I replied that jus disgusting and bit my tongue so I didn't blow up on him considering we had three nts to stay yet. He couldn't fix it and all rooms was full so couldn't move us said he was going to check for another tv and bring it into us. However comes back and informs us its a system error and the tv he checked was having the same troubles. So apparently I looked stupid enough to believe that even after the front desk had told me there hadn't been any other complaints. So I said you mean to tell me noone has turned on their tvs n the last three days its not like it was one or two random channels out nothing worked up to channel 58 or so and yes he said folks must not of had those channels on handed me a free appitizer or desert at one of the resturants down staired n told me cox had been informed and was on his way. Checked pool again Friday on our way n for the evening and still to cold. So retreated to the room only to b awaken by the room next to us n the rest of their group slamming doors and what not. Called front desk three times before the problem was actually taken care of they sent someone each tome but all they did was laugh at them cuz o could hear though the walls that gd. The third call we where told our room would b comped for the nt which didn't really make up for the interupted sleep but at least they pretended to care about the situation. Upon check out wanted to make sure this was done as we said it would be but because we booked though priceline we have to call them explain the situation and they will contact the hotel. Ya and by them they will have forgotten all about it since there wasn't any kind of notes on our account the gentlman checking us out knew nothing about the situation. So ya nice way to pretend to care about your guest. Apparently cox never made it out cuz the tv was still not working rt come Saturday and still a cold pool. Our last morning check out is noon so we figured sleep n a relax however house keeping continued to knock at door so we packed up n checked out early. As we where checking to make sure we didn't miss anything I noticed a dark spot under the sheet on the mattress topped and what do u know it appeared to b blood ugh gross. While walking out n peering into the rooms they where cleaning these toppers don't get changed out. No contential breakfast to speak of from the infomation I gather from front desk. Champaign n snack bar for those with a conseigers room. Wifi worked gd n our room would have to b the only thing to go back for however I can get that free at a mcdonalds lol rather them $109+ a nt. This place is what I would call a show face appears to b top quility til they get ur money and its all down hill from there.

• Stayed April 2013
Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff were awesome during my visit. Everyone was polite and and efficient during every interaction. The hotel is well maintained but showing its age in a few places. Not bad, just not up to standard for other properties today that I expect from a Marriott. The pool and exercise room were both good, but would be nice to have a bike with the stair climbers. Will definitely stay here again in the future but this a 3 or 3.5 star hotel, nothing bad just a bit dated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jim9597, General Manager at Omaha Marriott, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
johnLongmont_CO,

Thank you kindly for your comments and staying at the Omaha Marriott. The staff will be thrilled to hear what you had to say! It is comments like yours that help us to continually improve the hotel. We are now working on matching the rest of the hotel with the new lobby and restaurant in which we are extremely excited about.

Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Jim Crawford

Been to Omaha Marriott? Share your experiences!