“USATF Region 8” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

You added Sheraton Omaha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Omaha Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   655 N. 108th Ave, Omaha, NE 68154 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Omaha Old Mill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“USATF Region 8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recent stayed at the hotel with my track club for the Region 8 Championship. The beds were very comfortable and rooms were clean. It was a hot weekend and the air conditioning was in good working order. The front desk and service were very courtesy and friendly. The hotel provided a free hot breakfast for all Track meet attendees which very nice. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
purpletrackcoach,

Thank you so much for your review of your most recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us, including our friendly staff members. Your review will be posted in our breakroom for all to see and to tell them to keep up the great work. I hope your team performed well at the track events, and hope you will be able to return to the Omaha area again in the near future. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Columbus, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is an old Holiday Inn, and I was hesitant to stay there. But it's COMPLETELY NEW. Very impressive. This is not your parent's hotel! Staff were all helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included in my package. Fresh oatmeal, fresh fruit, and fresh fried bacon. It made my day. The cost was reasonable. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Always ask if breakfast is included and if you'll have a frig and microwave, whenever staying in...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Theresa G,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! Your words are very much appreciated by us as well as other fellow travelers reading your review. I am glad to hear that you were impressed with our renovations as it truly is a different hotel than what it used to be. There will be even more improvements made to the public areas again this Winter and hope you are able to return to enjoy it. I hope you are able to return to the Omaha area again soon, and when you are please feel free to reach out to me directly and we will ensure another pleasant stay! Thank you.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

When my mama said that we would be stopping in Omaha, my one track doggie mind was fixated on one thing...Omaha Steaks...WOOF WOOF!!!! Sadly, there was no steak to be found in our room. I sniffed and whiffed every crevice of that mighty clean room but...nada! Not to happy with my mom about the lack of steak...<em>grrrrrr!</em> But that's another topic. The Sheraton Omaha did deliver on comfort, cleanliness, pup accoutrements - doggie bed, bowls, poop bags - pup friendliness and a great location!

Starwood Hotels has the best dog friendly hotel options in Omaha. We loved our quiet stay at the Sheraton Omaha. The Sheraton Omaha is conveniently located off of I-680. The property is set back up on a hill so we had a nice restful night of sleep so we were bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for our next adventure on the road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Well hello Dexter D! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Here at the Sheraton Omaha, we always want to make sure that our pups are taken care of and well loved as our guests. I hope that your mom was able to find an Omaha Steak for you at some point, they can be found in our restaurant and are nice and juicy for fellow dogs as well as parents. Our fellow pups as well as travelers appreciate your opinion from your point of view as many others don't usually get these details! We want to thank you for your review, and we hope to see you and your family again very soon!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here during the CWS which would explain why the rate was so jacked up when we did stay here. I stayed just one night as my girlfriend and two children came into town just for the Omaha Zoo. We stayed on the 6th floor with club access. The amenities in the club level are just so-so, but definitely does the job for the price of this place. Had a steak dinner in the restaurant and the steaks were only so-so. Our room was nice and clean, and the beds are fairly comfortable. The pool and hot tub are actually really nice here. The pool is nice sized and deep! I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thomas W,

Thank you for your review of your most recent experience at our hotel! I am glad to hear that you and your travel companions enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate the details regarding aspects of your stay that were better than others as this helps other fellow travelers reading your review on TripAdvisor. You are correct on the fact that June is that time of year in Omaha where you will see higher rates due to the CWS, so the next time that you are wanting to stay with us feel free to let me know and we will ensure another pleasant stay! Thanks again
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was wowed by my stay at this hotel. I was unaware of this hotel's existence, due to its location which is near by several apartment buildings. I found the room to be very clean, and well appointed and the staff was friendly. I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
peevedmomma,

Thank you SO much for your review of our hotel! I am glad to hear that you not only discovered us but that you were pleasantly surprised. I know we can be somewhat of a "hidden gem" but we would sure like to be less hidden that's for sure! We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let other travelers know what we are all about; and I am very pleased that you found our staff enjoyoable as well. The next time you are in the Omaha area, please feel free to reach out to me directly and we will ensure another great stay! Thanks again.
Fairmont, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Known as the Crowne Plaza before Sheraton. Beds were great, very soft. Stayed here during the CWS so was obviously over-priced just like everywhere else in Omaha. I'd definitely stay here again. Pool and hot tub were very nice as well. Plenty of space. Restaurant is supposed to be pretty good although we didn't try it. I've been here for drinks multiple times and the staff is always very accommodating. If you are in central or west Omaha, I'd definitely check this place out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Derek B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! The details provided are very much appreciated by us as well as fellow travelers reading your review. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy many aspects of our hotel while you were here with us, and hope you are able to return soon to enjoy it all over again! Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are in the area again and we will ensure another pleasant stay. Thanks again!
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a trip to Omaha Zoo with my wife and 3 year old son. The Hotel was nice and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and quiet. The pool was large and we had a great time with it. The main reason I am writing this review is to recognize greatness. About midnight my son hurt his arm in the room(due to being a clumsy 3 year old). I went down to talk to the front desk and asked about local hospitals just in case as he seemed to be in pain but not too much. They told me the nearby options and how to get there. As the night progressed it got worse, so at 2:30 AM we went to the hospital and didn't talk to anybody on the way out. The front desk staff must have noticed us leaving because as I was getting in my car the Night security came up to me and asked if I had any questions about where to go and again directed me to hospitals, he said the Front Desk lady saw us leaving and said where we were probably going since I talked to her earlier, so they just wanted to make sure I knew where I was going. After spending 2 hours in the ER, we got back to the hotel at 4:30. There was Jessica the Front desk lady. She had a basket in hand with a bunch of goodies in it. There were a couple drinks, snacks, a coloring book and a handwritten Get Well Soon card. This was completely unexpected and something we just thought was very nice. She didn't have to do anything, but she put together this little basket with stuff a child would like to make him feel better. This type of service is rare and is something I will always remember. Thanks Jessica for going above and beyond!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chris W,

Thank you SO much for your review of our hotel and your experience! I am thrilled to see feedback with situations like these when our team members really go above and beyond. This is one heck of an example, and Jessica was thrilled to see your comments. I am sorry to hear that your son encountered an injury with his arm, but hope all is well now back home. If there is every anything else we can do for you and your family the next time you are in Omaha, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thanks again!

Been to Sheraton Omaha Hotel? Share your experiences!