“Clean, reasonable, hard to get to.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

You added Sheraton Omaha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Omaha Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   655 N. 108th Ave, Omaha, NE 68154 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Omaha Old Mill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Clean, reasonable, hard to get to.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed two nights after bidding on the room on Travelocity. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The property is older and sometimes showers don't drain like they should. But the maintenance staff is quick to fix problems.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Tracieb51,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review of your experience on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are continually working on the drain issue you referenced as we want to make sure to prevent these issues from happening, and I appreciate your feedback. If you are in the Omaha area again in the future, please let me know and we will ensure an even better stay the next time! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Checked in for one night of relaxation to watch an iTunes movie with takeout food in peace and quiet. Good plan in theory. The WiFi works (I was able to check my email), but streaming a movie was impossible. In 5 hours, I was able to get through about 50 minutes of a movie in 2 or 3 minutes segments (had to keep switching to a movie I had already downloaded on my iPad). Maybe not a big deal to some, but I have never had this experience in any hotel before. Maybe a bit slow streaming in the beginning, but overall in other places, I could always watch a movie within 2 hours. They had put me in room 138 which is way, way down the hall from the entrance, so maybe that was part of the problem, but I wouldn't stay there again just because of this.

The heater was also VERY noisy. So much so that I had choose between heat and hearing anything on my iPad.

The room was very clean, but there are really the bare essentials in the bathroom. There were only a few tissues left in the box (which I went through), but I wasn't going to either call the front desk or walk all the way down the hall to get more tissues. Would it kill them to put a back up box in the bathroom for when these 4 tissues ran out?

Also, the front desk gal was very nice when I checked in, but when I did call down for something (within my first 15 minutes there), I let the phone ring at least 20 times with no answer. I walked down the long hallway to ask how to work the heat, but when I told her I tried calling, she said she was busy checking people in. I have never had this experience in a hotel, where they just don't answer the front desk.

Called the next day to talk to a manager about the WiFi, and they had me leave a message. Six hours later, no response, so I called back. This person said the manager was out of town, but the general manager was in. No one ever called or got back to me - again, something I have never experienced (no manager available to speak to).

Since I would never go back there for the reasons I listed, I would have to rate this hotel as poor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SometimeTraveler321,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, the feedback is much appreciated. We are currently in the process of upgrading our wireless internet speed and it will be completed hopefully by the end of this week, I apologize that you were unable to stream your movie in a sufficient amount of time. It sounds like the ball was dropped in getting in touch with you from a management standpoint, and for that I apologize. I hope you are able to reconsider us again in the future, and if you are able to please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you for your time.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel building in older.
Friendly staff at the desk. Loud housekeeping staff in the morning talking loudly in the hallways to each other was a major disadvantage. Just because most guests have left, doesn't mean that other others are awake at 9am.

The hotel has heat/AC combo units that sit below each window. The kind you find in cheaper hotels. The fans are noisy and cycle on and off frequently causing sleeping interruptions.
Overall, an average hotel, but just not quite what I expect of a Sheraton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
travelpods,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful staff members. I have passed your comments onto our Director of Housekeeping regarding noise, and I thank you for letting us know as this is what will continue to improve us. As for the heating units, it does not sound as if yours was operating normally and for that I apologize as we could have had an engineer check on that for you. I hope that you are able to give us another shot in the future, and if you are able to please let me know and I will ensure a more pleasant stay. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Very impressed with everything. I was set up at the Sheraton due to a home fix up for 5 days. The staff was awesome, especially Jessica and Rachel. I even got notes in my room reminding if I need anything to contact Jessica or Rachel. Everyday I was asked if I needed anything. I stayed in a king room with fridge and microwave. Very clean, the most comfortable bed I have slept in, and roomy. Very very quiet, I didnt hear my neighboring rooms and I assume they didnt hear me, lol!! However the bathroom was small. The door hits you when you are in front of vanity or on the toilet. I was able to bring my dogs with me and the staff brought me a doggy bed and bowls. The happy hour appetizers were great in the Club lounge, Tiffany and Shelly were great. Just enough food to fill me up for breakfast and dinner. Definitely will stay again. NIce and quiet hotel property on the hill. Thanks so much!!! I really didnt want to go back home, lol!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
WendyWendyWendy2013,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much you almost didn't even want to return home, it is our pleasure to be able to help you get away and relax. It's always great to see when our team members are mentioned by name in our reviews, it shows how much our staff can really impact our guest's experience for the better. I hope you are able to visit us again soon on a possible weekend getaway or other activities. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you again the future. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The front desk staff Jenna and Ashley were some of the most helpful staff I have ever encountered, not only were they very professional and cheerful, but they also made me feel right at home while away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
CowboyRoy58,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us, we are pleased to have you as our guest. Jenna and Ashley are truly great assets to our team here, and it's great to see guest's testimonials on how well they are doing. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope that you will be able to visit us again when in the Omaha area. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We spent 4 nights here last week. We were in Room 530.
The rooms are large and up to date. The bedding is comfortable and the linens excellent.
The in-room heater/AC was unfortunately one of those blowing under the window units and we had to have some service done during the stay...only blew cold air in Omaha in the winter.
However, when it comes to service this would be hard to beat. Everyone we encountered was friendly and any requests were handled immediately. This is an excellent staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
bobburgess,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! One of the best compliments we can ever receive is when someone leaves our hotel with a positive impressionn about how great our team here really is. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that your travels onto your next Starwood hotels were enjoyable as well. If you are ever in the Omaha area again, please don't hesitate to reach out to me and I will ensure another pleasant stay! Thanks again
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We traveled to Omaha, Nebraska. The location was not bad. The hotel is in good condition and they have a nice bar and lounge area. The rooms are modern and comfortable.
The pool and hot tub area is nice. The hot tub was not working one night and the next night it was too hot. Oh well. Still a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MinnVacationer,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us, and we really do appreciate the time devoted to reviewing our hotel. I hope that you are able to enjoy other Starwood hotels in the Minnesota area where you are from, they have many great hotels and restaurants in the Minneapolis area. If you are ever in the Omaha area again, let us know and we wil make sure you have another wonderful stay! Thanks again

Been to Sheraton Omaha Hotel? Share your experiences!