“Whitney was wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

You added Sheraton Omaha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Omaha Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   655 N. 108th Ave, Omaha, NE 68154 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Omaha Old Mill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Whitney was wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Anytime you check in late, you're usually exhausted from your entire day before you got there, the late flight and late rental pick up. However, I was pleasantly greeted by Whitney who not only assisted with our room check-in, but gave us some local tips on where to grab a late bite with a little hand drawn map and all! It's this kind of customer service that needs to be taught throughout other business, not just the hospitality industry. As a newly engaged girl, I'll be sure to stay at this place next time I visit my future in-laws!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
McNinja,

Thank you so much for your review!! I absolutely love being able to post reviews such as yours that call out what a great job a certain employee is doing. Whitney will be thrilled to see it. One of the most important aspects to me of a great hotel is when certain stories such as your own have such an impact on a stay because of how well a certain staff member interacts with our guests. I can't thank you enough! We will be sure to keep up the great work. Let me know the next time you are in the Omaha area and I will make sure Whitney will be here to see you again! Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went to Omaha to see "Book of Mormon" at the Orpheum. I looked for a 3.5 star hotel on Priceline that was close to the theater. I couldn't find a good deal, so I looked in the burbs of Omaha. The Sheraton was a great deal!!! The hotel, located on the West side of Omaha, is just about 20 minutes from Downtown. It was nicely appointed and a steal at $79/night! BTW, the hotel is about 2 miles away from the Bagel Bin--a great place with ACTUAL NY-style water bagels and lots and lots of cool, cream cheese choices.

VWMAYER,

Thank you for your review! I hope you enjoyed the show at the Orpheum, a great venue to visit while in Omaha. I am very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us at a great value to you. Let me know the next time you are in the Omaha area and we will ensure another pleasant stay with a great value for you again, hopefully in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate it!
Alta, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My daughter had a basketball tourney in Omaha. We are from a small city in Iowa and they made us feel right at home. Rachel D. @ the front desk was awesome. She was there to help us check in and then at check out. She made us feel welcomed and truly made us want to come back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for Rachel! Simply the BEST!
James M,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor! We love to see it when our employees make such an impact on a loyal guest's stay. I can't thank you enough for mentioning how well she did with you and your travelers; she is an amazing team member with us! I look forward to your stay with us again next year. Please feel free to reach out to me personally and I will ensure Rachel is here for you again!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We held a military reunion for four days at this hotel and EVERYTHING was just great. The property was in superb condition, everything was clean and the staff is second to none. The banquet food was great too and the prices were reasonable. This is a great place to stay or host a meeting. We had nearly 100 people stay here and not a single complaint of any substance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dave B,

I am so glad to hear that you and your group had such a great time!! Thank you so much for your review. Your entire group was a pleasure to have and it is great to see that everyone had such a great time. I will be sure to pass along your review to the rest of the staff here and tell them how great of a job they all did. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you again next time!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel overall is very nice. The bedding was wonderful and a good night's sleep is always one of the most important parts of the stay in my opinion. You can tell it is an older hotel that has been redone, so they had to work with what they had to some degree. Smaller bathrooms for instance. But the decor was nice, bedding really nice, wifi was a little slow in the morning but fast in the evening. I don't know if I got lucky with my room but I barely heard any noise from other rooms or the halls.
I did have a couple of maintenance type issues but they weren't major enough to report. The toilet handle had to be jiggled to get it to quit running sometimes, and I couldn't get the heater/ac to do anything but go on fan on. It was a little chilly in the room but not enough I was really bothered by it so I let it go.
The housekeepers need to vacuum up the hair in the bathrooms and not just move it around with a damp mop.
The last night I did hear someone walking in the rocks under the window (vs the sidewalk next to the rocks) which was a little creepy, so I called down to the desk and was told they would send security around to make sure everything was okay.
The hotel is also hard to find. Even more so if your GPS isn't completely up to date. You basically bear right at a point where there are three rights and hope for the best.
After staying two nights on business I decided to stay one more night in Omaha and have my husband fly in to meet me and we would drive on for a mini-vacation of sorts. I called down to the front desk and said I was inclined to stay out by the airport in a slightly less expensive hotel, but I also liked where I was and hated to move. I asked if they were willing to give on the price a bit, and I'm thinking about $20-$25 would have convinced me to stay. The hotel didn't seem very busy and the manager at the desk would go one more night at my already discounted rate. I'm guessing it was discounted because we have to book through an agency, but at the time I booked I could've gotten the same room for $10 less booking direct. So I'm not sure what the discount was. Anyway, they were nice but firm that the price would stay the same and so I picked up and moved to another hotel and saved about $50. I would've been quite happy to stay another night.
I don't blame them for sticking with it, but it would've been a nice customer service and bought them a little brand loyalty in a time where travel dollars are tight and we go more on reviews than brand, but more often go off the beaten path wherever we can.
Still, overall, nice and I would stay there again. Omaha hotels seem to suffer a lot of bad reviews for anything in the under $200 price range. Makes it hard to pick a good place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
okaugust,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am glad to see that you enjoyed most of your stay with us. I will be sure next time to see what we can do better to have you stay with us longer as I would have loved to assist you with the right price. I am glad to see that you know the importance of reviews such as yours and how much we appreciate the time you put in. You have some great details here that help us as a hotel, and also help fellow travelers with some good tips. I will be sure to pass on the many details to the correct departments so that we can fix the tweaks and consistently work on what we have to offer as a Sheraton. Let me know the next time you are in the area and we will ensure an even better stay the next time! Thank you for your time and dedication to TripAdvisor.
Holdrege
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a very clean and nice place to stay! The rooms are very nice and clean. The beds were so comfortable, which is so important to me. The lobby was very nice. We ate at the restaurant on the main level and the food was delicious, very generous portions. The staff was nice and very helpful. The only negative thing was the location of this hotel, is in a very busy area of Omaha. We had a hard time finding it and OnStar had us going in circles, which is not good in all that traffic. But, the hotel is wonderful!

Lori A,

Thank you so much for your review! It is much appreciated by all of us here at the Sheraton Omaha Hotel. I love being able to post reviews such as yours that show how well all departments of the hotel are doing so that are staff memebers are aware how appreciative our loyal guests are of their hard work. I know the Dodge interchange can be kind of a hassle, but we are always here to assist with any guest should they need directions. I hope to see you and your fellow travelers again soon. Thanks again!
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We've stayed here before and will again. We found once again the location great for our needs, a friendly staff, and an overall great value. Right on West Dodge and I-680, there's quick access to attractions in the area, as well as on the other end of town. The way Omaha has laid out its streets along Dodge are kinda weird, so getting that last block from Dodge to the hotel is a bit odd. But not the hotel's fault.

I'm a bit surprised by some of the previous comments about thin walls -- we've had no problem on either stay, and I know we had people on both sides of our room each time. I know Sheraton prides themselves on comfortable beds, and that's certainly the case here -- very nice bed and bedding = a good night's sleep. If I had one wish for their rooms, I'd be nice to have a small refrigerator.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a west-facing room, to give you a better view of the Old Mill area of Omaha.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jim T,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! As a senior contributor, your opinion is highly valued here and I can't tell you how much we appreciate the time you put in to review our hotel and others on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable time with a great night's rest. As always, the best comment I love to hear is about how great our staff members are. Let me know the next time you plan on visiting the area again and we will ensure another pleasant stay! Thanks again.

Been to Sheraton Omaha Hotel? Share your experiences!