“Great rest and value at Sheraton Omaha Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Omaha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Omaha Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   655 N. 108th Ave, Omaha, NE 68154 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Omaha Old Mill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 73 hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ames, Iowa
“Great rest and value at Sheraton Omaha Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Omaha Hotel on a return from a 4 week vacation and had a great night's rest. The bed was super comfortable and my wife commented on the good quality pillows. Our room was very quiet and well appointed. I thought the wireless access was very fast and easy to access. Many good restaurants in the area, but we had good food at the Sheraton. The chocolate cake was very rich and the largest cake serving I have ever seen. We plan to make this a must-stay in Omaha.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Tom W,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you had such a great time with us after your long vacation away from home. I am with you on the colossal chocolate cake we serve here, holy cow it's intense. We look forward to your next visit with us in the near future when traveling to the Omaha area again! Always at your service.

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a nice property overall. The room decor is modern and comfortable, but there is room for improvement: the leather desk chair is nice, but lacks arm rests. The corner chair is apparently for decoration only (I kid you not when I say that there are metal bleachers at football stadiums that are more forgiving to your spine than this rock hard, 90 degree angle, upholstery-covered nightmare). The shampoo comes in the tiniest bottles imaginable--not terrible, but also not ideal when many chains have gone to the refillable soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers in the shower area. The walls are also paper thin--I could hear my next door neighbor's every sneeze, every footstep, every sigh of disgust as his football team fell further and further behind. Still, the room was clean and comfortable, and I would probably have left a 4 star review if not for the behavior of their front desk staff.

After a long, disappointing day of watching my Huskers lose, I returned from a nearby Smashburger and headed for the front entrance of the hotel--tired, sunburned, and preparing to drown my sorrows in double cheeseburgers. But as I was entering the building, the front rotating door started moving when I was only halfway through it with my bags. It was actually moving quickly enough that I had to practically leap into the rotunda to avoid being pinned between the door and the wall (picture Indiana Jones reaching back to snatch up his hat right before a stone slab drops on his hand--I was only slightly less heroic, lol).

Now, this is the kind of thing that I would have normally laughed off. But instead of the two women at the front desk showing even the slightest concern, they stared at me pointedly, whispered to each other, and then burst out laughing while still looking right at me. It is one thing to laugh at yourself, but it is quite another to have alleged professional staff members make light of your mishap right in front of you --I couldn't believe that two people working at the Sheraton could be so incredibly unprofessional and sophomoric (frankly, I hadn't seen the old "whisper and giggle" bit since about the 7th grade). I then explained that the door had been moving a little too quickly, and that I'd almost gotten crushed, and their response was to burst into the kind of contrived, gale of *uncontrollable* laughter that clearly was meant for my ears as I continued down the hallway.

I plan to contact Starwood customer service about the situation, but frankly, I'm very disappointed regardless of that outcome. This is the type of juvenile behavior you might expect from a 1 star Hotel's employees, certainly not the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a double door, if at all possible. If not...hope your neighbor likes the same...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Chessie_System,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear about the interaction you had with our Front Office team, and I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of all of us. I did ask the two ladies about the interaction and I assure you that they felt awful about it. They were under the impression to make light of the situation but they clearly misread the situation and for that I am sorry but apprecaite you bringing it to our attention. All it would have taken would be to see that you were okay. When it comes to the minor issues with your room, I did want to let you know that we always appreciate you telling us during your stay so that we can make you as comfortable as possible! For example, we would have been more than happy to bring you extra amenities at no cost so that you had all of the bathroom amenities you needed. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel, and I hope we are still able to see you in the future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

On a long business trip and really needed a good nights rest. Holy comfortable bed! The next morning I left my business receipts on the nightstand. JaKeen got in the Sheraton van and hand delivered them to me at my meeting. Now that's service. I used to think Nordstrom was where it's at...it might be the Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Kate L,

Thank you so much for your review! I absolutely love hearing the testimonials from our guests about a specific interaction with our staff members as they do everything they can to go above and beyond! With a great brand, newly renovated hotel, and to top it off it is always the staff that truly makes the difference from hotel to hotel. I hope to see you again soon here with us at the Sheraton, and if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future again please don't hesitate to ask! We are more than happy to help. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and the pool is very nice; however, the walls are paper thin, and we were kept up all night by our neighbors. Called the front desk three times said they would "take care of it." The noise didn't stop until I opened our door at 3am and asked the noisy guests to stop talking. I went down to the front desk this morning and all they offered was free breakfast and a coupon for a discount on our next stay at that hotel. The front desk clerk said that because I used hotels.com that they couldn't do anything else. So don't book through a third party because you are treated like a third-rate guest.

• Stayed September 2013
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
rellimterg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to see the low rating and unfortunate comments, however. I know that we had a rare issue with a rowdy group on Saturday night that unfortunately tainted your stay with us, as our security team and Manager on Duty worked hard to keep them quiet when we finally had to offer them an exit. Our Front Desk Agent could have worded things more appropriately, as we were trying to work out some compensation understanding your uncomfortable stay, the 3rd party you booked through does not let refunds occur. I hope that you are able to reconsider us the next time you are in the area, as I will assure you a much more pleasant visit as you experienced a rarity with us. Thank you again for your time!
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've stayed here before, it is older and nothing fancy but a fair value. Parking was free, I think it always is. Not close to downtown and a bit hard to find. Bedding is nice and now has enough plug in for tech people. Room service menu was affordable and food was good. I had expected it to be 10 bucks plus fees, the food came and was bigger than expected and bill was 30 bucks. I showed the guy why I thought the bill was wrong and he explained he thinks the menu was updated but cash register was not updated. No attitude and promptly returned with a correct bill. Gave extra tip for being nice about it. Tooth brush was in my larger travel bag and left that at home and used my small bag but forgot to transfer toothbrush. tooth brush and tooth paste was 2 bucks, that is fair. then after check out they emailed later an updated bill that had another 3 dollars for additional revenue. So I called to see what that is and they said it was for water bottle in room. I said it had a tag saying free. She said one is. the other is 3 bucks. I really think both had the free tag, I even only used one and took the other for the road only because it was free so I don't like that. I was room temp due to no fridge and the gross nestle brand. I would have a cold one for half price had I known from the candy counter downstairs or the nearby retail. Oh well. Overall still happy with the place based on it being sorta nice and fair priced. There are nicer places but for the extra 50 bucks to stay at those they better be I guess :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
chuck29355,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the value of what we have to offer. It sounds like you were unlucky in a few hiccups of ours on the billing end and for that I do apologize, but apprecaite you brining them to our attention as this is a rarity for us. With our hotel being recently renovated just over a year ago now, I am a little surprised by your comments about it seeming old. Perhaps it was from the look of the exterior of the building but the inside looks brand new! We hope to see you again in the near future and always apprecaite you returning to our hotel when in the Omaha area.
Bellevue, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I attended a daytime conference here and had lunch in the restaurant. One would think that the wait staff would have been more attentive. They charged a gratuity on the check and then one of them made a snarky comment about "plus tip." I served myself. The food was good but they weren't very good about replenishing the salad bar or soup.

• Stayed August 2013
jhasslen,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that the food quality in the restaurant was good and I hope the rest of your visit with us was pleasant. However, I am sorry to hear about the service you experienced as I will be sure to bring it to the attention of our Food and Beverage Director and appreciate the comments. Thanks again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a lot more than I expected. Really nice rooms with a lot of amenities. Only downfall to our stay was an elevator was down. Other than that, it was perfect! Staff was very helpful and friendly. Cleanest bathrooms in a hotel I've ever seen! The gym is super nice too. New equipment and its clean!

• Stayed August 2013
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Ewiley2571,

Thank you so much for your review! The two best compliments we can receive are based on cleanliness and friendliness and it is so great to always hear how well our staff is performing with both items. I do apologize about one of the elevators being down during your stay, but I am very glad to hear that overall we were more than you expected! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Omaha area and we will ensure another pleasant visit! Thanks again

Been to Sheraton Omaha Hotel? Share your experiences!