“Nice Sheraton-keep eye on billing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Omaha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Omaha Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   655 N. 108th Ave, Omaha, NE 68154 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Omaha Old Mill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 73 hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ames, Iowa
“Nice Sheraton-keep eye on billing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've stayed here before, it is older and nothing fancy but a fair value. Parking was free, I think it always is. Not close to downtown and a bit hard to find. Bedding is nice and now has enough plug in for tech people. Room service menu was affordable and food was good. I had expected it to be 10 bucks plus fees, the food came and was bigger than expected and bill was 30 bucks. I showed the guy why I thought the bill was wrong and he explained he thinks the menu was updated but cash register was not updated. No attitude and promptly returned with a correct bill. Gave extra tip for being nice about it. Tooth brush was in my larger travel bag and left that at home and used my small bag but forgot to transfer toothbrush. tooth brush and tooth paste was 2 bucks, that is fair. then after check out they emailed later an updated bill that had another 3 dollars for additional revenue. So I called to see what that is and they said it was for water bottle in room. I said it had a tag saying free. She said one is. the other is 3 bucks. I really think both had the free tag, I even only used one and took the other for the road only because it was free so I don't like that. I was room temp due to no fridge and the gross nestle brand. I would have a cold one for half price had I known from the candy counter downstairs or the nearby retail. Oh well. Overall still happy with the place based on it being sorta nice and fair priced. There are nicer places but for the extra 50 bucks to stay at those they better be I guess :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
chuck29355,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the value of what we have to offer. It sounds like you were unlucky in a few hiccups of ours on the billing end and for that I do apologize, but apprecaite you brining them to our attention as this is a rarity for us. With our hotel being recently renovated just over a year ago now, I am a little surprised by your comments about it seeming old. Perhaps it was from the look of the exterior of the building but the inside looks brand new! We hope to see you again in the near future and always apprecaite you returning to our hotel when in the Omaha area.

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bellevue, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I attended a daytime conference here and had lunch in the restaurant. One would think that the wait staff would have been more attentive. They charged a gratuity on the check and then one of them made a snarky comment about "plus tip." I served myself. The food was good but they weren't very good about replenishing the salad bar or soup.

jhasslen,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that the food quality in the restaurant was good and I hope the rest of your visit with us was pleasant. However, I am sorry to hear about the service you experienced as I will be sure to bring it to the attention of our Food and Beverage Director and appreciate the comments. Thanks again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a lot more than I expected. Really nice rooms with a lot of amenities. Only downfall to our stay was an elevator was down. Other than that, it was perfect! Staff was very helpful and friendly. Cleanest bathrooms in a hotel I've ever seen! The gym is super nice too. New equipment and its clean!

• Stayed August 2013
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Ewiley2571,

Thank you so much for your review! The two best compliments we can receive are based on cleanliness and friendliness and it is so great to always hear how well our staff is performing with both items. I do apologize about one of the elevators being down during your stay, but I am very glad to hear that overall we were more than you expected! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Omaha area and we will ensure another pleasant visit! Thanks again
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton one night passing through Omaha. It was tricky to get to, so be sure check a map and get directions. We got weekend rates, so the price was great! The beds super comfortable. The rooms were clean. The service was friendly and helpful. The food was good at the restaurant and the bartender was friendly. We were surprised by the colossal-sized chocolate cake, so bring a friend or two or five to share it if you dare order it!

• Stayed August 2013
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
COtraveler99,

Thank you so much for your great review! What I love most about seeing reviews such as your own is the great tips you mention for fellow travelers so that they can get a good feel for the property before they even arrive. I am so glad to hear about how much you loved your stay and how great our service was as that is always a huge compliment. And I couldn't have said it better myself about the colossal chocolate cake it is insane! That is too funny. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit with us at the Sheraton Omaha!
Bloomington, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pros first: clean room; comfortable bed and pillows; ample free parking; green choice housekeeping(fine for the 2 nights I was there); friendly front desk(some but not all); Omaha steaks in the on-site restaurant(yum). Cons: very hard to find and Google map placed it far from its true location. After driving around in vain, I called the front desk to talk me in; they were very nice about it. One of 2 elevators was out of service the whole time. The room: I had a King on the Club floor; I usually like a club floor room for the convenience of breakfast & free WiFi close to my room, makes for a quicker getaway in the morning. BUT. The food was downright horrible, a shame on the Sheraton name. Freezing cold scrambled eggs, not freshly made onsite; I watched an attendant scrape up the burned bits from the bottom of the chafing dish and mix them into the rest of the eggs. None of the food was really hot, the toaster didn't fit the entire slice of bread so it was partially toasted; the only fresh fruit was a small bowl of blueberries next to the oatmeal(which I was afraid to try given the cold eggs & ham); Starbucks coffee machine was ok; cocktail hour was another embarrassment--frozen egg rolls, may have been hot at one time, served with jarred sweet & sour sauce; cheese cubes and STALE crackers; "fresh" veg--dried-out carrots, brown-spotted cauliflower; I'd have wished for freshly cut-up veg straight from the hotel's kitchen; ok, I'm picky because I've had many better experiences. My advice is to save the extra money, don't go for a club floor room. The rooms are just as good on the other floors and you might have a chance at a hot breakfast eating in the restaurant(but expect indifferent service there). I'm not a grouch on purpose, see my review of the Hilton Garden Inn in West Des Moines.

Room Tip: Definitely avoid the Club floor; the rooms are no better or worse than on other floors and the club...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
jayhawk73,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff as well as the cleanliness and amenities that we offer here! I will be sure to alert the department head for the Sheraton Club lounge as we normally have rave reviews about the lounge and I know they will correct it immediately. Many other travelers enjoy the location of our hotel, but I am glad to hear that we were able to help out with directions without any further hiccups. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to see you again the next time!
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Although Omaha is not a huge city and nothing is too far away when compared to traveling in a place like Los Angeles or London, there are still locations within the city that are more convenient than others. The Sheraton Omaha is very well located at the intersection of two major roads, within the immediate area of more than one shopping mall, upscale shopping area, and many restaurants. Downtown Omaha is only 10 minutes drive in one direction, the westernmost suburbs a 10 minute drive in the opposite direction and the airport & zoo within 10-15 minutes as well. The hotel is much nicer inside than it appears outside which is pretty plain and simple. We've stayed at the hotel 3 or 4 times over the past 18 months and have always found it to be very clean and well appointed. If you're a Starwood member and have access to the Club Level floor, the Club room (cocktails, appetizers, breakfast as well as business needs, large flat screen TV, etc.) is at least as nice as any of the other Sheratons I've been to, if not nicer. If you're going to Omaha for business or with family I would recommend this Sheraton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NewfiePupLover,

Thank you so much for your great review! We especially appreciate your comments about the location as this is a great tip for other travelers to know about us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Sheraton Club lounge as we take pride in this as well being one of the most important amenities we offer here. I look forward to your next visit when you are in the Omaha area again!
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was initially very impressed with the Sheraton Omaha and excited to spend the next 5 nights at the hotel. Check-in was very quick and it was during that process we first learned about making the "green choice." This means they won't perform housekeeping on your room unless you request it, you also get a $5 voucher for the onsite restaurant each day your room goes without a cleaning. We decided to go without the cleaning knowing that if we needed it we could just call the front desk, well as least that is what we thought.
The room was very nice and exactly what my husband booked for our stay. The first night went smooth and we found the bed to be very comfortable. The first problem we had was with the shower/tub, it became clear pretty quickly that the drain was backed up when I looked down to see water up to my ankles. We called the front desk before leaving our room and they assured us that it would be taken care of. We returned that afternoon and found the shower/tub was draining as it should, we were impressed with the fact that the problem had been effectively handled.
The restaurant was nearly empty every morning except for Sunday and every morning service was very slow. On Sunday my husband had to leave our table to get someone to come over and take our order but after that our server was very attentive and she apologized multiple times for the wait, we left her a note saying it was the best service we had received all week. The food was great, I had the chef's omelet each time we ate there because it just that good and my husband loved the crabmeat omelet. We spent some time one evening at the bar and that was a pretty enjoyable experience.
The major issue we had was trying to get our room cleaned. We called the front desk at about 9:30 Friday morning and they said they would notify housekeeping. We left the hotel and did not arrive back until 3pm, our room was just the way we had left it. We called the front desk again and asked if we could have our room cleaned, the man that answered asked if we had been in our room all day, to which my husband replied no. Again he told us that he would let housekeeping know. We left our room around 3:20pm and went downstairs to workout. We arrived back to our room shortly after 4pm to find that our room had still not been cleaned. We did not bother calling the front desk again. Saturday morning my husband called the front desk and explained that we had asked to have our room cleaned twice the previous day and it had not been done, they assured us that it would get taken care of so we left and a few hours later arrived back to what appeared to be a clean room. Upon closer inspection I found that the glasses and plastic cups had not been replaced, we did not get a new bag for our ice bucket, the towels had not been hung up and they left cleaning rags in our bathroom. The bed sheets did appear to be new so that was nice. I was incredibly disappointed and frustrated but I did not bother calling the front desk since we only had one night left on our stay. The next day during check-out I did ask what the standard cleaning procedure was because glasses and cups had not been replaced, the woman told us that unless you fill out a card they don't replace anything. I didn't bother carrying on the conversation because my frustration level was only rising and I did not want to make a scene, I only wanted to leave. I can say for a fact that there was no card I could leave anywhere that would show/say I wanted new glasses, new plastic cups and a new bag for my ice bucket. The only card in the room was one that told us to put towels on the floored if we wanted them replaced and to place the card on the bed if we wanted clean linens. Now maybe that card she described does exist but I never saw it. It still doesn't explain why cleaning rags were left on the bathroom counter next to our toothbrushes or why towels were shoved underneath the sink instead of being hung up. We expected more from such a nice place.
The pool and workout facilities were awesome and are almost enough to make us stay at the Sheraton Omaha during future visits but after the poor service I don't know if that will happen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nikita Y,

Thank you for your review! I am very sorry about the miscommunication about the Make a Green Choice program, as we could have handled the requests much better than we did and I take full responsibility for that. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed everything else about what we have to offer, and just wish we could have completed the rest of your stay with housekeeping in a more positive manner. I will be sure to follow up with the department head so that this does not happen again to any of our valued guests. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review!

Been to Sheraton Omaha Hotel? Share your experiences!