“Rooms and lobby nicely decorated and inviting, BUT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Omaha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Omaha Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   655 N. 108th Ave, Omaha, NE 68154 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Omaha Old Mill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Rooms and lobby nicely decorated and inviting, BUT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had an unusual experience during my 3 day stay at older but recently decorated earlier style hotel taken over by Sheraton in which the rooms seem pleasant and well cared for by housekeeping staff. I reported a slow draining sink upon arrival and the next morning called again asking for repair. Upon lingering over a nice week-end buffet breakfast, I returned a couple of hours later and again,finding the sink slow to drain, I called a third time for repair before leaving for the day.
When arriving home for the evening, the sink had thoroughly stopped draining and I called for immediate relief, irritated and agitated at non repair all day. The chief engineer appeared explaining they had worked on it during the day, But it could not be repaired without gaining access to room next door, which was not done for some reason.Nor had anyone informed me.
The rooms manager, Tanner, next appeared with apologies and offer to change my room (at 9:30 pm) and we had a one sided exchange about ineffective and inefficient customer service. I had little alternative but to change rooms. I requested and received compensation for my trouble in spite of discount vendor booking, which is not readily(or easily) done by such chains.
Also , for some reason I never received a voice mail from Friday night until Saturday night in the new room, which no one seemed to be able to explain.
And the hallway carpeting was in urgent need of a thorough cleaning,which fortunately was not the condition of the room carpeting.
Certainly not my worst experience in a hotel, but the absence of guest consideration and communication with me necessitating my changing rooms at a late hour was unnecessary and inexcusable from my vantage point.
However, I would stay again because it is an essentailly quiet, comfortable,clean faclitiy and reasonably priced Sheraton, though NOT 'Adult Only" as promoted on their website. Who knows what that is about!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
RMN123,

Great to hear from you again! Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor! This is an essential tool to let other possible guests know where we stand with our valued guests. I was glad to hear that the compensation worked out well between us and the 3rd party as we had spoke about. I was very pleased to get the opportunity to speak with you about the property and your history of travels, along with my career and employment in this industry at our newly rennovated property. It is always great to get the interaction with our guests, especially when a guest is experiencing such issues as described. We are working with our Expedia team that advertises us as an "Adults Only" hotel to immediately pull that down. Also, good news with our carpets - I was able to get an agreement made with our vendor to come out and re-carpet the hallways due to the error with them during the rennovation process! Once again, thank you for your review and your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you the next time and getting to speak with you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was in Omaha for a couple weeks on business and I stayed here for my first night. I would have stayed longer but I needed a microwave a fridge which aren't available in the rooms. However, you can rent them for a nightly basis. I'm too cheap for that. I ended up moving to another hotel that provided those items along with a free breakfast.

So my "professional" opinion is this: If you are looking for a nice hotel with all the amenities (except a micro/ fridge) you'd expect from an upscale establishment, this is the right place. If you have an extended stay in the Omaha area, there are better options at better prices.

Btw, the gym and pool area are great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
bradaroonie,

Thank you so much for your gracious feedback! It really means a lot to us when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I am sorry to hear that the microwave and refrigerator was a deal-breaker for you, and we will definitely take that into consideration for upcoming projects. We really appreciate your honest opinion of us and letting us know that everything else was great. If I can be of any further assistance to you in the future when staying in the area again, please let me know (402-496-0850).

Thank you again!
Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had gotten a good deal on this hotel from purchasing my room in advance which I was fine with. From the pictures on the website it looked like it was a nice hotel. It had a very large indoor pool (large for most I've stayed at) and stayed fairly full most of our weekend stay. They had an onsite restaurant and although we didn't eat there they stayed fairly busy. They had multiple computers to use in the lobby and business center if you wanted to look something up, print boarding passes, etc. The staff was very helpful. I loved our rooms. I'm somewhat of a room snob but was highly pleased. The decor was very current. The air conditioner worked great. The carpet was textured and felt good on my feet :) but also kept from showing paths that might be worn in the carpet. The bed was super comfortable. I loved the outlets built into the nightstands which was handy for my husband's CPAP machine. It had a huge desk, great big-screen television with 4 or 5 movie channels, free wi-fi in the room and although the bathroom was laid out a little wonky the shower was roomy, the vanity was large and roomy. They had several freebies/ samples in the bathroom and even had a pair of houseshoes and robe in the closet. Another thing that was nice was that it was close to shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. I would totally stay here again!!

Room Tip: We had a top floor (floor 6) to hopefully cut down on any noise. We didn't have any problems tho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
deegeegirl,

I am so glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay! Thank you SO much for taking the time to do so and inform other TripAdvisor viewers about our hotel! It sounds like the added features applied during our rennovation really have come through for you, and I am so pleased to hear that. If you are ever in the area again, please let me know and we will definitely look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The family and I took a mini vacation in Omaha (which was GREAT) and stayed at the Sheraton in Omaha. When I drove up I was a little disappointed ~ looked a little dilapidated from the outside... But once I walked in my impression was quickly reversed. The hotel was very nice, yes it needs some renovation, but... the staff was fabulous, amenities like the gym and pool were extraordinary. Although... charging for coffee in the lobby seams a little... um... cheap.

Room Tip: Look for a floor without a wedding party...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
NEARBOLT - Thank you for your review! It is awesome to see our loyal guests take the time out of their busy schedules to give us some feedback, it really does help. I completely understand your comments on the first outside appearance of the building, and is something we are pushing for in our next rennovation to be planned. We just finished up a major rennovation throughout the inside of the hotel, and hopefully the outside will be soon! I will pass on the great comments to the staff and we hope to see you again the next time you visit the Omaha area.
Mount Horeb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I recently returned home from a cultural tour of Omaha, NE. Our hotel was quiet and enjoyable for the duration of our stay. A buffet breakfast was served each morning which kept us satisfied until the early afternoon. Ordering from the menu is also an option.

The staff was attentive for the most part, but the morning breakfast crew needs to be increased to meet the varying guest census. It was challenging to find a clean table following the morning rush.

Cocktails were great but a bit pricey for America's Heartland. Our evening reception included coconut shrimp and chicken wings. Both were tasty.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. A selection of four pillow types were available. A lounge chair and pedestal lamp provided space to unwind after a busy day of sightseeing. The bathroom was a bit cramped. Complimentary toiletries and an air styler were provided.

I am happy to recommend this property!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and on the second floor or higher.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Cheryl007,

Thank you so much for your generous comments! Im very glad to hear you enjoyed or many amenities, especially the fact that you are pleased with our rennovated look. I am concerned about breakfast for you that seemed to be understaffed. If you have the time, I would love for you to contact me directly at 402-496-0850 so I could get a few more pieces of information regarding your visit with us. Thank you again for your wonderful review, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area! Hope to hear from you soon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Even if I hadn't spent 500 miles on my bike the week before, and not slept in a bed for a week, this would still be a great place to stay. Very reasonable on Priceline at $62, and worth every penny. Great room with really great bed and bedding, big tv with lots of channels, and lots of nice extras. Big clean and well-stocked bathroom with nice smelling soaps and such. Starbucks in-room coffee with travel lids is not bad, but two packs of regular would be nice. Passed on hotel dining room for breakfast due to prices. Staff had no trouble with rolling bicycles up to room, but elevator is a tight squeeze with two loaded touring bikes. A bit tricky to find, but trust your GPS and you'll be fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dantheguyfromdenver,

First of all, love the TripAdvisor name! Your contributions to TripAdvisor is much appreciated by all the properties you have visited, it really helps us know how our relationships are with our valued guests. I hear you 100% on the bedding, we get constant feedback on how amazing a nights rest can be in our beds. I hope you will consider us again even if not recovering from a very tiring Ragbrai tour! Please let me know the next time you are in the area and we will ensure another pleasant stay.
Genoa, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Check in was easy. Room was perfect. Bed very comfortable. I have stayed here twice this year and I am very impressed with the staff. Everyone was very friendly, always a smile on there face. Would go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Melissa G,

I am SO glad to hear that your stay with us was a great one!The efficiency and friendly attitude that our staff prides themselves on is a huge part of what sets us aside from other hotels in the area. We definitely look forward to seeing you back again soon. I hope you let me know when you do so I can thank you in person for taking the time to give us feedback and ensure that your next visit is an extraordinary one again!

Been to Sheraton Omaha Hotel? Share your experiences!