“This place always treats me right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

You added Sheraton Omaha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Omaha Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   655 N. 108th Ave, Omaha, NE 68154 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Omaha Old Mill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“This place always treats me right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have stayed at this location a couple of different times to meet up with my family. At one point it was the Crowne Plaza, but now is the Sheraton. Very nice place and well kept...also very comfy beds and relaxing atmosphere. The pool is huge and hot tub is very nice...very nice workout room for those interested in that. Getting to the building is a little challenging but once youve figured it out, it is alright. Just a tip...you must be heading westbound and take the Old Mill exit off of Dodge St. You cant get to it if heading eastbound (you have to turn around at the mall if doing this). Very quaint place...nice rooms...and nice staff. They have a small bar downstairs for having nightly cocktails and we really enjoyed this part.
Overall, one of the better places in west Omaha.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dan_Toman, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor! I am so pleased to hear of your "good times" at our hotel! I have personally been at this hotel since June of 2010 and I can say that we have come a long way since then with regards to the quality of our service and the quality of our product. The improvements we are making around here at the present time will surely "wow" you when you return! We have recently re-roofed the entire building, we have added a brand new door lock system throughout (no more magnetic stripes on keys, so no more issues with cell phones and credit cards!), we are in the middle of the full guestroom renovation (our first floor of newly renovation rooms should be open mid-February), we are about to re-open our indoor pool and fitness center (we have expanded the fitness center and "opened up" the pool area along with totally gutting the restrooms), we will soon be completing our new Sheraton Club lounge which is on the sixth floor with a sweeping view of the West Dodge valley (this exclusive area will be for our Starwood Platinum members as well as those guests who purchase Club Level accommodations), we are soon adding our Link by Microsoft experience in the Lobby (this is a Sheraton exclusive business center/gathering place with a technology focus), and of course... all of our corridors are being redone with new carpet/wall covering/lighting/signage throughout. I just know that you will fall in love with our Sheraton Hotel here in West Omaha when you return this coming Spring! - - Dan Toman, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Room was small and let a lot of noise into the room, The older style phone still listed crown plaza as name of hotel, and being a recently earned gold spg member I think it would have been nice to be upgraded to nicer room which I know were avail since there were not many cars in the lot. Instead I was placed next to side entrance where noise of families went on until around 3 am. With all that said the price was fair, the room was small but just as nice as other westin and sheraton hotels that cost the same or more. Also parking was free the night I stayed. Bed was nice, room was fairly clean. I'd give it another chance. Staff was friendly was well.

Room Tip: Might help to find out if there is a dead end hall where people wont be walking past.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

The room was large and nicely furnished and very comfortable. My husband and I were in Omaha for just one night visiting family over Thanksgiving. The hotel was under renovation and the workout room and pool were closed which did not affect us. Most important, the bed was very comfortable. We bid $50 for a room on Priceline and were happy with getting the Sheraton. We told the front desk the bathtub drained very slowly and 2 other guests made the same comment. Front desk staff very nice and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I had the unfortunate pleasure of booking this hotel thru www.spg.com., for December 05, 2011.

First of all the spg site doesn't inform you that the hotel was recently change from the Crown Plaza to a Sheraton because of foreclosure. Three floors are close for renovation and room space is limit near the service elevator were you will not get sleep at all.

Second, the site says that shuttle services are available, but that's not true. The shuttle is only available from 0700 until 0900 and you have to call the hotel and make arrangemenst because the hotel is 30 minutes away, not 3 miles as stated. You will incur in a taxi fee of at least 35 dollars one way if you don't plan accordingly.

Anyway, as a Platinum member with spg, the only room afforded to me was a cell with not windows near the service elevator and I got no rest or sleep.

Although, I complaint for the bad service and room, you can guess that as a Platinum member I got nothing.

I highly recommend that you do not stay at this hotel..........I give it an F for effort.

D. Maldonado

• Stayed December 2011
Sioux Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The lobby is large and beautiful. The bedding is fabulous. They offer actual cribs for babies rather than pack & plays, which was a huge convenience for us. The good ends there.
When we walked into the room, it smelled quite musty. There was a large water stain/damage on the old tile ceiling above the shower. So gross! I refused to shower or bathe my chldren in that bathroom. The mold/mildew/whatever it was smell could not be ignored. We booked our room on Priceline, so perhaps they saved the nasty rooms for Priceliners. (I'm always suspicious of that.) Anyways....
Breakfast is not included, and at $10.50-ish per person, don't bother with it. It includes fruit, pastries and breads, bacon and eggs, etc. Its not great, but not terrible.
The television was a nice, new flat screen. The channel guide in the guest manual was not accurate. It lists HBO, which is not available. The hotel offers Showtime instead, which is a downgrade for me. Also, guest manual in the room said PPV movies were available on the televisions. Pay-per-view is not available at this hotel. Not a huge deal, but it would've been nice as my husband and I were traveling with small children.
If not for the disgusting bathroom, this hotel may have been a decent choice. Sadly, the bathroom had a new-looking vanity and toilet, so I fear this was an already-remodeled room.
Not only will I avoid this hotel in the future, but I'm probably done with risking it on Priceline too.

Room Tip: Ask for a not-moldy room and cross your fingers.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Hotel so far is fine, nothing spectacular. Hotel going through renovation and they promised it will be in much better shape next month. I would stay here again, upon the construction being completed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel when it was the old Crowne Plaza and thought it was a bit outdated at that time. I booked a reservation here not knowing it had changed. Wow! The pillows were HUGE and so comfortable. The bedding was exquisite. Also, when i realized i had forgotten my wine opener, the desk clerk and manager both took the time to hunt one down. Great service! Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business