“Dump, Dump, Dump with misleading photo on website” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center

You added Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3321 South 72nd St., Omaha, NE 68124 (Formerly Omaha Tropics Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #41 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Chicago, IL
“Dump, Dump, Dump with misleading photo on website”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in the "Tower" for 2 nights. Booked a King and were placed in a corner alcove with a noisy ice machine, so we requested to move and were placed in (it seemed) a partially furnished, ne'er maintained queen. The heater cover was broken off & was so noisy (sounded like a little drummer boy was stuck inside). Chose to turn off the heat -- only had a thin poly quilt, no extra blanket, no bedpread. SPARTAN. check out the photo of the city's smallest bathroom. Perhaps open the curtain to find bird poop splattered window below a nesting hole they'd carved from the wall. Care to read at night? Too bad ... no lamp for the bed or the couch. Worried about privacy? Well only part of the security latch exists ... and no hook on the robe hook in bathroom.

Could not wait to get out of there. The staff did not seem interested. When we called the front desk the first time, got VOICE MAIL !! It was a busy weekend in town, so our options to move were restricted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kristina V, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. Your comments, good or bad, are a great tool to see where we are succeeding or where improvements need to be made. My sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Coming off a new renovation, a lot of changes at once can cause some chaos, but I can assure you that our new management team is making all efforts to improve our service and efficiency. We are still in the process of updating our rooms and making sure that rooms are thoroughly inspected and broken items are fixed immediately. I do apologize you felt unsafe with the safety latch broken, but please know that our guest room doors are equipped with deadbolt lock for extra security. If you could please contact me directly at kristina.voelker@ramadaplazaomaha.com, I would like to have your room number so I may have all repairs done immediately. Thank you again for bringing this feedback to our attention. We cannot improve unless we know where we are lacking. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel seriously lacks natural daylight. The very large central bar area has no windows either, just a waterfall so you get to listen to that all night, which you might or might not like....
I had booked a suite and although my room was a reasonable size with a kitchenette, sofa and table it was still very disappointing; there was no natural daylight and only very poor and dim lighting - not even a bedside lamp or switch I could reach from the bed!
My room had two doors to two different corridors plus another door to a connecting room (not used) and so being right in the middle of everything there was frequent noise and it certainly didn't feel cosy at all.

The bathroom didn't have any kind of shelf to put my toiletries and shaver on and the cleaner had balanced the shampoos etc on a towel rail while the tissues were perched on top of the hair dryer. This would be a very simple fix that would make the bathroom so much easier to use The bathroom extractor fan was also running the whole time which was irritating.

Oddly it wasn't possible to get a bottle of water from the bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kristina V, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. Your comments, good or bad, are a great tool to see where we are succeeding or where improvements need to be made. My sincerest apologies you were not very comfortable during your stay. I will be happy to pass your feedback along to our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer for correction in some of the little inconveniences. Coming off a new renovation, we are most definitely still working in getting all the pieces of the puzzle together. We most certainly do appreciate all your feedback! Please feel free to contact me directly at kristina.voelker@ramadaplazaomaha.com if you would like to share any further details with me. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Rarely wod I leave a bad review as it has to be pretty bad for me to take the time. In this case I'm writing in hopes someone from Ramada reads this or better yet the poor service improves!

The waterpark here is good. Clean, easy for kids and adults, has a bar and food. Good entertainment for sure. The rooms are clean. No complaints.

The checkin process was a pain. I tried to check in at 1pm and get adjoining rooms and the best she had were 2 rooms across the hall. I said that was fine and she said if I waited until 4pm to check in there would be adjoining rooms available. So I did, came back at 4pm and we ended up in rooms 3 doors apart. Not an ounce of care that we had all the kids in tow...etc, and when I TD her what I'd been TD about returning at 4pm she said she'd never heard of that.

Castaways...whoever was the bartender the evening of May 4th, you need a customer service lesson. I bring my 2 boys with me, order a beer, they order waters and pop. He doesn't say anything but "they can't be I here." What? It's a restaurant. What he meant was they can't sit at the bar. I get that but we have to order from the bar because you never leave it. He then repeats it toward my boys. To which I reply, we heard you, we just want drinks and we'll sit in a booth. Still doesn't register until I literally say, I know the law, we're not sitting here we're just ordering so put the drinks in glasses and we'll go find a booth. That was 9:30pm. 10 minutes later he comes over and asks if I want another beer because its last call. 2 minutes after that a group of 4 adults walks in and orders, no problem.

I could go on, but it's people like this guy that will take our business elsewhere. I travel 500K miles, 160 nights /year for business. I will specifically avoid a Ramada for this reason alone. So nice work whoever was working Castaways Bar on May 4th. Rudeness and poor manners never fly.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. Your comments, good or bad, are a great tool to see where we are succeeding or where improvements need to be made. My sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. I will personally make sure that the agent who checked you in is spoken to and re-trained. This should never have happened and I am deeply sorry for the inconveniences this caused you. I will also be happy to pass your feedback along to our Food & Beverage Director for the issues in the Castways Restaurant. Coming off a new renovation, a lot of changes at once can cause some chaos, but I can assure you that our new management team is making all efforts to improve our service and efficiency. Please feel free to contact me directly at kristina.voelker@ramadaplazaomaha.com if you would like to share any further details with me. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!