“Don't waste your money on the water park” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center

You added Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3321 South 72nd St., Omaha, NE 68124 (Formerly Omaha Tropics Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #46 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Don't waste your money on the water park”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I visited Coco Key water park for the day on 11/17/12. To quote my 10 year old daughter "this place has really gone downhill." Many of the attractions were not working, including the huge dump bucket, a waterslide in the center playground area, and one of the big tube slides. The entire waterpark was dirty and in disrepair. Worst of all were the lifeguards. There were no lifeguards at all on the lazy river. For the first hour, their was no lifequard in the swimming area, when they were assigned, all but one of the lifeguards were completely inattentive. The lifeguard at the top of the large slides was sending people down the slides without looking to see if the previous person was out of the slide. They were also allowing kids that were obviously not all enough to go down the slides. Over all, the park was dirty, ill maintained, and unsafe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jeff F, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the candid comments about your visit to Coco Keys, I will certainly look into these issues and make the proper adjustments to correct the issues you mentioned. My apologies this was not an enjoyable experience at our waterpark. I hope you will return in the near future to see the changes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
KINGSLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My stay was quiet and clean. The room service was great and the food was excellent. I did not find any vending machines in the hallways which I would have liked since when I arrived the restaurant was closed and I had not eaten for quite some time. Quiet for sleeping. Anything that I called the Front desk about they were very helpful and quick to respond.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Jeff F, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay and that our team ensured you had all you needed. I will share your comments with all of the staff. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay.
TABOR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Last year I took my son to Great wolf Lodge in Kansas City and I have to say, "You guys BLEW THEM OUT OF THE WATER!" For a third of the money my son had a better time at Coco Key! We spent time in the Arcade, water park as well as our room and found all the above extremely excellent. We bought our meals at the hotel, which we did not at Great Wolf, and still spent much less. Everyone from the Life Guards to the Cleaning Staff were friendly and really seemed to enjoy their jobs. I have posted on Facebook the same comments. I have and will continue to share my families wonderful experience with many to come!! I do hope you share this with all employees of the facilities on 72nd Street in Omaha, NE. Even if I didn't specifically mention their role, they too should know how appreciated they are.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Jeff F, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for the review and taking the time to share your comments. I was pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and made this trip better than the Great Wolf Lodge. It is our goal to ensure all of our valued guests have a positive experience. I am glad to know we achieved that for you. Again, thank you.

Been to Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center

Address: 3321 South 72nd St., Omaha, NE 68124 (Formerly Omaha Tropics Resort and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Nebraska > Omaha
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #46 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center 3*
Check in to the newly remodeled Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center. After some major renovations, including totally refurbished guestrooms and public areas, plus the additions of Bluestem Lounge and Brewed Awakenings coffee shop, there's something for everyone. Our brand new restaurant, The Claim House, offers fine food and drink in a casual atmosphere. We have over 80,000 square feet of flexible meeting space suited for every type of event. With free WiFi, plenty of free parking, and outstanding guest service, whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, you’re sure to feel at home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, EasyToBook and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center & Coco Key Water Omaha
Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel And Convention Center & Coco Key Water Resort
Holiday Inn Omaha

If you own or manage Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.