“Nicest Staff Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Victorian Inn & Suites

You added New Victorian Inn & Suites to your Saves list
New Victorian Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10728 L Street, Omaha, NE 68127 (Formerly Comfort Inn Southwest)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for DISCOUNT!
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Galveston Island, Texas
“Nicest Staff Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed 4 nights for the yearly Vex Robotics Nationals. This hotel is family-owned with EXTRA kind and helpful staff. It was super clean. Very comfy pillows and beds. Had a fridge, micro and breakfast. The only thing we missed was a washer/dryer, but they are in process of adding one. It also has a nice little burger restaurant across the parking lot. It's only about 15 minutes from the Kroc Center, so all of the VEX robotics teams should consider staying here. We will definitely stay here next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Mikayla, thank you for a fantastic review and for recommending our hotel to your peers. We're glad that you liked the amenities of our location; and you are correct, our renovations are on-going and do include putting in a guest washer/dryer in the near future. Your words do more for our staff than you know! We enjoy recognizing them internally for a job well done - but it means even more to hear it from YOU, the guest. We will post your review in our back office so that each staff member can see your thoughts. Thank you for taking time to show your appreciation to our hard-working team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is near the freeway and airport so it is convenient. There is parking all around the hotel providing easy access to our room. The front office staff were friendly and very responsive. The lobby and breakfast areas were well thought out and very attractive. Room temperature was easy to control and noise not intrusive - I appreciated that the fan stayed on all of the time rather than switching on and off. The beds were very comfortable and we liked having a larger size refrigerator in the room. The local paper and Wall Street journal were complimentary. Their wasn't really anything that I didn't like. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Everything was outstanding, from the room, to the price, to the excellent customer service. I would stay here again absolutely and would recommend it to anyone. Location is great as well; easy access to freeway system. I'm not sure why someone thought it wasn't clean. It was top notch. Decent size refrigerator as well.

Room Tip: Loved the king and sofa room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for the glowing review! We are thrilled to hear that your stay was enjoyable and our property and staff exceeded your expectations. The New Victorian Inn & Suites is new to Omaha, with renovations underway. We are continually using your feedback on TripAdvisor to assist in coaching our staff - we pride ourselves on being a guest-oriented staff and company. We wouldn't be here without your patronage. Thank YOU!
andover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Katie the front desk girl was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is very clean and quiet which is what we look for in a hotel. Added bonus was the free breakfast and paper..will definately stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I have nothing but positive comments about our stay. The place was CLEAN- that is by far the most important thing to me. The beds were comfortable and we rested well. It was a quiet place and we were not disturbed by noise from other guests.The staff was very friendly. Breakfast is served from 5 AM until 11 AM so it was nice to not have to rush to get downstairs for breakfast before they quit serving. The rates were very reasonable. We will stay here again the next time we are in Omaha.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My Boyfriend and I are new to the Omaha area and we have been staying here while working and looking for a place to live and I have to say that we have been treated amazingly by the staff, namely, Kaytee, Robert, Latoya and Shannon. Thank you guys! You're all so great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Let me start off by saying i will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I booked this room to have a weekend getaway for V Day, and was completely appalled by my treatment, as well as the quality of the staff. When i arrived at my room, the 1st thing i noticed was the mold and mildew in the shower and a room that was not at all what was pictured on the site. This I can handle as i understand that not all is what it seems on the interwebs. What really got me was the next morning. My wife and i went down for breakfast, and all we can hear is a staff member(head of housekeeping?) walking the hallway, cussing and carrying on about someone smoking in their room. Real classy, the kicker is after breakfast, the wife and i left to go shopping, and the woman was still walking the halls and carrying on! We had talked about leaving at that point and go home, but i was determined not to have it ruin our weekend. On Sunday the wife and i woke up and started packing, while i was packing, she was showering. So i decided to go down and get breakfast for her. While getting breakfast i see 2 police officers walk into the hotel and down the hall. Not thinking anything of it, i finished making our breakfast, and headed back to the room, seeing the cops coming back down the hallway and leaving, only to find that they came from my room! Some one said there was the smell of pot was coming from our room! First and foremost i work for the federal govt and my wife works for an attorney. WE DONT SMOKE POT. My wife did invite them in and they found no evidence of pot or the "smell" that was reported. I was appalled, and left right then and there, checked out, got my receipt, and informed Robert i was NEVER going to stay here again. Then this morning i check my bank acct and they charged me $150 over what the agreed price and what was on my receipt! I'm guessing its the $150 smoking "fine" but since the GM wont return my calls who knows. Funny thing is we don't smoke! I will be contacting the BBB to file a complaint, my wife is consulting with her boss to see what action can be taken, and im advising all DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!