“Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Family Fun package
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
“Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while we were in town for a wedding. The bride and groom had booked a block of rooms so we received a discounted rate.

The hotel was service, location and amenities were excellent. Rooms are spacious especially for a family of five. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

One thing they could probably improve on would be room furnishings they were a little dated but not a serious flaw in my opinion.

Stayed July 2014
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you had a wonderful time while with us. I will pass along a suggestion about updating the furnishings. We are pleased you enjoyed many of our amenities. I am sure you were busy with the wedding, but I hope you were able to get out and about in the Old Market and see what Omaha has to offer. Thank you again for your review. We hope you are able to come see us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This Embassy Suites was in much better shape compared to many Embassy Suites in the country. Very good location, as it is across the street from Omaha's Old Market. Very convenient to the airport. Staff was very friendly and the room and bed were very nice. Great place to stay when in Omaha.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are pleased you chose to stay with us while you were in Omaha. It sounds as though you were able to take advantage of our great location! Omaha really is a beautiful city with so much to see and do. I am happy you were able to get out an about to see some of it. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Henderson, Nebraska USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Location-On the Old Market Can walk to some of the best restaurants and shopping in Omaha. Really enjoyed our stay, had a wonderful walk around the ConAgra complex and ate at some of our favorite restaurants, all within walking distance from the hotel so we never needed to get our car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are very glad you had a good time while staying with us. Our location truly is perfect. You can park your car and leave it for your whole trip. We are walking distance to pretty much anything you could want on vacation. We do have a shuttle that will take you to a few of those places that are not walking distance, such as the zoo and the airport. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next trip into Omaha.
Lincoln, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on several different occasions. The hotel and surrounding areas are always clean and the staff is top notch. They are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are large and quiet. Great location to museums, restaurants and events. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Omaha area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We do have an amazing staff and our location cannot be beat! I hope you were able to get out and about in the Old Market, our premier arts and entertainment district just across the street. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip into Omaha.
Kennesaw, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location and the property is clean and up to date, but ... The beds were very uncomfortable, the pillows (chopped foam) unsatisfactory and the A/C unit was noisy, too cold when running and too hot when not. And to add insult to injury, we were nickle and dimed to death. Our $144 rate ended up being nearly $200 per night with parking, internet and way over the top taxes. never again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I would like to apologize for the comfort of your bed and pillows. . In regards to the internet charge, at this time the Embassy Suites brand is only offering complementary Wi-Fi to our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond Members. While there are many hotels in the city of Omaha which offer complementary parking, all hotels in the Downtown/Old Market area do currently charge for parking. Unfortunately, we do not have control over the taxes. I would like to apologize again for the negative experience you had while staying with us.
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Let me first say, that I am originally from the Omaha area, and I travel back to area for about 50 hotel nights a year. This is the first time that I have stayed at this hotel and I know that the hotel is not that old. I did book the room through an auction site, so I try to be considerate of the property based upon the price paid for the room.

So... Let's get started.

I parked the car in self parking as the front area was very busy. This location is about 1-1/2 blocks from the main entrance, and I seen an door at the back of the facility. Upon getting my luggage to this door, I found that it was a card key only door. So, I did end up having to walk all the way around to the front. I was insulted the next morning to find out that this parking area cost $12.00.

Upon checking in, there was not enough people at the front counter. People were barging to the front of the line. I did find the staff friendly, and they did have everything ready for my visit.

I was assigned room 132. I went to the room, and seen that it was less then 20' from the bar. My thought on this was, "well, that the price you pay for booking on an auction site", and then I entered the room. The amount of cigarette smoke in the room was overwhelming. It drove my sinuses nuts. I still in the room for the 30 seconds before going back up to the front counter to decline the room.

After about a 10 minute meeting with management, and they seemed upset that I had declined the room. I was put in room 527. I went to the elevator and 1 of the 3 elevator shafts was being service, so their was quite a wait.

Upon entering 527, it seemed ok, at first. Again, I go back to my auction site comment, and I expect to have a "B" or "C" room for the price I paid. I noted that the cushions on the sofa did not match, the return air screen was full of junk, the tile in the shower was broken, and the corners of the carpet were very dirty. Sleep quality was good. The climate control struggled to get to my set point, but after about 3 hours it was finally comfortable. This was definately a "C" or "D" room.

So, I logged into the internet only to find that this was an additional charge. I'm sorry, but back in the year 2000... you could charge for internet. I haven't had a hotel in the last 4 years that I have had to pay for internet. Not cool.

It is very true that my title, "Time for capital improvements" is the best thing that I can say about this hotel. There needs to be a walkway to the parking lot. The rooms need to be completely overhauled and updated.

I find a lot of really nice properties and a lot of duds when I use Priceline or Hotwire, as per my reviews of other properties. I had my expectations pretty high for a hotel located in the old market as I usually get hotels by the ballpark or Council Bluffs. However, I would have to classify this hotel as a dud.

Oh, now you want me to pay for breakfast, too? No thanks, I'm sorry.... I'm out of here.

Room Tip: Try to get higher floors. The first and second floors are the business parts of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I would like to apologize for the condition of your room. Your comfort is a top priority for us, and I am sorry we were not up to par. In regards to the internet charge, at this time the Embassy Suites brand is only offering complementary Wi-Fi to our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond Members. While there are many hotels in the city of Omaha which offer complementary parking, all hotels in the Downtown/Old Market area do currently charge for parking. As to breakfast, we offer Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast. You should not have been charged for breakfast as this is a complimentary amenity we offer to all of our guests. I apologize again for the experience you had while staying with us.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Very outdated and smelly rooms. Cockroach (live) found in the bathroom. Neither of the two TVs worked - had to be turned on manually and even then, channels couldn't be changed manually or by remote. Internet access was awful - ok to check emails but couldn't stream video (to replace aforementioned TVs), phones in the room were very crackly, couldn't be used for conference calls.

Staff was incredibly friendly and they did credit my stay (I booked another hotel for remainder of my stay in Omaha). They offered to change rooms but given all the problems and that cockroaches don't stay in one room only, I went ahead and checked out early and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the negative experience during your recent stay. I can understand how distressing it must have been, and I am pleased we were able to efficiently refund your money. I am sorry that you needed to move to another location. Of course all of the appropriate departments have been notified of these issues so that they can be corrected and retrained.. I would like to apologize again for your experience staying with us.

Been to Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market? Share your experiences!