“Spacious, great amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Seattle, Washington
“Spacious, great amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in Oct. 2012 for business at $139/night. The room I had (single King) was very large and had all the amenities I needed. The complimentary bar from 5:30-7:30 is really nice and the breakfast in the morning was good (better than most places I've stayed at). I used the workout room, pool and jacuzzi. Very nice experience. No issues with customer service. Internet speed was not that fast, but ok for checking emails/news.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy you were able to utilize all the amenities at our hotel. We are currently working on getting an update from our internet provider in hopes that will help improve our wireless speed. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back to Embassy Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had an excellent stay at the Embassy Suites. We were there to celebrate the birthdays of 2 friends and chose the Old Market area to spent the bulk of our time.
The front desk folks were very happy to assist us in every possible way. When we returned from celebrating downtown, one employee helped us find a place to order pizza.
You can't go wrong with the manager's reception and breakfast.
We didn't spend much time in the room but it was fine, just as expected.

Room Tip: Our view wasn't the best - will ask for a room facing the other direction next time. This was no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback.

We take pride in providing the complimentary amentities that you enjoyed and are always working to enhance our guests’ experience. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our location to the Old Market.

Thank you again for taking the time to review out hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I spent three nights here and was very happy with the service and rooms. Front desk was very helpful and rooms are clean and up to date. Suites are very spacious and well equiped with wet bar, refrigerator and flat screen tv's.

Bar and restaurant service were fine with manager's reception each evening and a nice comp breakfast each morning.

Great restaurants nesrby in the old town area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities offered by our hotel. It is always great to hear how our guests enjoy the complimentary manager’s reception and breakfast, as well as compliments to our helpful employees. Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Booked a two bedroom non smoking room and were given a one bedroom smoking room because the hotel over booked. They offered us a room at a near by Hilton that had no free Internet and a "free" but terrible breakfast. Room at the Hilton had a crib that needed removed and no one answering the guest services phone.

• Stayed October 2012
First off I want to apologize that we were not able to accommodate you and your room request at our property. Secondly I want to apologize for your stay at the Hilton. I know my apology does not make up for the inconvenience you experienced during your time here. I also know this was not the quality of service you expected from an Embassy Suites but we would like the opportunity to make it up to you if you decide to return to the Downtown Omaha area. I am sorry again for your stay but want to thank you for your review.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had other option that cost less but were a little further away from the Old Market so I opted for one night. I liked the use of a stream running through the lobby stocked with koi fish. It made it seem a little out of the ordinary. The room was pretty much what I expected from Embassy Suites. I asked if there was a room with a view of the Old Marketplace or the Heartland Mall and she said certainly. However the room did was not high enough to see past the roof of the banquet facility.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. I am sorry the room did not have the view you requested. Please let us know next time you are in town and staying with us and we will be happy to get you on a higher floor with a view. Thank you again for your kind review.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights (Sat, Sun, Mon). On Saturday, my husband, son & I stayed. On Sunday & Monday nights my co-worker stayed with me while we attended a conference there. Upon arrival the valet helped me unload some boxes for the conference and by the time I got the car parked and went back into the hotel, our room was ready. The room was clean and there were no issues with the keys to get in. My husband got in later than we did and just had to show his i.d. to get his key. My son used the pool and had a great time. I used the hot tub for a bit, but it was on the very hot side, so I couldn't handle it for long. There were a few old towels laying around in the pool area, but I think we hit it just after "rush time" so they probably just hadn't gotten to them yet. They were gone later. Breakfasts on all mornings were very good. The conference went extremely smooth. The conference room was ready for vendors to set up before it was even scheduled to be ready. The beverage manager and the event manager, one of them was always accessible and they were very helpful & professional. I was supposed to be comped for my second & third nights. The morning of check out, it hadn't been taken care of yet. One mention to Mary and it was done. No issues, no having to check again and again. I really appreciated that. The conference room was always stocked with water, coffee, other assorted beverages and snacks. It was great! We had lunch and dinner included with our conference and the food was excellent. I really have no complaints. Everything was handled so well, the staff was so professional, competent and helpful. I don't think we have ever had a conference that went as smooth as this one. I would not hesitate to stay here again, for business or pleasure. Plus this hotel is located right on the Old Market. Couldn't ask for a better location!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your delightful review. I am happy to hear our staff was helpful and you enjoyed your guest suite as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you also for taking the time to review our banquet/conference area. We are also happy to hear when functions run smoothly and our associates are eager to take care of your needs.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I made a reservation through the hotel for one king bed month ago. Upon arrival Greg checked me in and I went to my room. Upon entering, it had 2 full size beds (if you could even call them that) and was a handicapped room. I tried calling down to the front desk and kept gettin a busy signal. When I walked down there to talk to Greg he was very short and acted as if this wasn't his problem. He said he gave me this room because it was the last one available. But gave me no warning at all when he checked me in. He offered nothing in replacement or seemed to care. I work in customer service and would never treat a customer the way I was treated tonight. Someone needs to teach Greg a thing or two about customer service skills! And for the embassy suites, you new to hire the right people with the right skills to do certain jobs

• Stayed September 2012
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Our sincere apologies for the negative experience during your recent stay with Embassy Suites. You are right; this is not the customer service Embassy Suites expects from their employees. We have addressed the situation. Your feedback is very important to us as we will use this as a learning tool to improve upon our services.

Thank you again for your review and we hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market? Share your experiences!